PDA

View Full Version : Wheatkings 4 Blades 1

Tidball
11-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Wintoneak scored first with a weak wrister (nicely placed) from the top of the circle. No powerplays for the Blades in the first. Wheatkings would answer back in the second. Good effort by Burki as he throws it in front for Derlago and he beats Nuefeld up close. Barktek will put the wheaties in the lead as he somehow got in past the flatfooted D and beats Blaine stick side. Cloud hits a very clean check on Yeo, and toughman Yeo jumps 5'11 180 pound Cloud and really didnt get much on him. A couple licks in. These refs seem pretty biased as they didnt give Yeo an instigator, even the Wheatkings announcers were suprised at the no call. BAD reffing thus far. I think its impossable for the Wheatkings to get a penalty at this point. Reaves checks Konecny from behind into the boards (no call of coarse) as Konecny slowly limps to the Bench Derlago scores as the Blades are pretty much shorthanded... I hope Konecny is ok. Burki makes a very nice pass to Topilko and he makes no mistake with a nice one timer 4-1. Reaves and Klotz wanna go but the wheat loving refs make sure that reaves is protected and do not let Klotz knock him senseless. Penalty for Klotz but not Reaves... suprise suprise. Blades get jumped agaion after Ward hits Moore hard to the boards, so Kohn beelines for Funk and Reaves jumps Ward (17) Of course even though 2 weatkings jumped Blades, the Blades end up getting a 3 minute penalty..... This game was kind of a gongshow. The Blades didnt get a single powerplay all game. This was terrible. The Blades lost to a better team tonight. But the refs did a pretty weak job.

howley
11-25-2006, 10:10 PM
outshot 44-13...the refs may have been terrible (I didn't watch or listen so I don't know) but when you get outshot 44-13 you don't deserve to win no matter what. I am pretty sure the timbits that play during the intermission get more than 13 shots off. Crazy...

Also, I read your posts before it was locked. The ruling on the stick thing. The rule is your not allowed to have 2 players sticks in your hand at the same time. However you are allowed to have a goalie stick and player stick at the same time so the right non-call was made.

13 shots...ugh

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-26-2006, 11:05 AM
13 shots doesn't cut the mustard. I can't belive even this team can't get over 13 shots, thats stupid. Blades lose again, actually ya know what...this Blade fan has givin up completely, I havb't gone to a game in over 2 months so I decide to go to the game against Red Deer and once again we lose and I see just how terrible this team is. I'm sorry guys but take it as a mirricle if I say anythign good about the Blades for the remainder of the season.

howley
11-26-2006, 11:59 AM
3rd time asking, are you ok? That must have been a devastating fall from the wagon. Everyone knows this is a "rebuilding" year and everyone said that making the playoffs would be an accomlpishment in itself. So when you hear that do you think that they are going to win, or even play 500 hockey. No...so as a fan you just support the young guys, get through this year and reap the benefits for the next few years. We'll have 18 year olds who are playing in their 3rd year, 19 year olds laying in their 4th year.

Here are some other things to help you enjoy it abit more this year.
They may be losing but I the whole reason I go to the games is to be entertained and they are doing a heck of a job doing that this year. Lots of big hits, lots of good fights, lots of shown potential, majority of games there is amazing goaltending from 2 whl rookies. We have a line where the shortest guy is 6'2 (wintoneak) followed by skrudland and klotz at 6'5 and 6'6. We have a young chris cloud who at 18 is showing the ability to dangle with the best of them, wait till he get's that last little move dialed in, he has the potential to be a play making points machine. We have two players who are projected to be drafted in the first round this year. one in the top 5, maybe the top 3. (Gillies and Mccrae obviously). Over the next 2-3 years we get the privilege to watch these two young guys develop into nhl calibre players.
There are teams that rarely get to watch 1st round picks night in and night out and we potentially have 2. We have a goalie who is predicted to go very high in 08'. I could go on and on. They may lose but you can't say they are not fun to watch. Hope this helps.

I wish you a speedy recovery from your fall and see you back on the wagon next year.

11-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Ok I understand but I didn't expect them to be this bad, I'm saying any team who does that bad in a game doesn't cut it, I don't care if they have a young team thats unexceptable in any league, and if you'r insinuating that I only like the Blades because they did good last year and now that they're not I'm abandoning them you make me sick. I hate people like that. I hate people that jump from banwagon to bandwagon. I've said this before to you and I think I've clearafied that I am not a bandwagon jumper but there's a point in a season where you realize....you'r not good and that's right about now but Holtby, Klotz are giving me very good examples of what they're going to do next year and that is a very good sign.

Number_4
11-26-2006, 01:34 PM
You say that you've given up... given up on what? The team? The season? ______? To me, especially in the east, any team has a chance at this point in the season. I wouldnt give up to quickly. IMO, giving up on a team at all is jumping off the bandwagon. Its still early. Some teams are performing above their potential right now and others below. Saskatoon might be a young team, but they have been playing with heart and are keeping themselves alive. Are they a Memorial cup team? Well no, but as it stands in the close east, they still have playoff hopes. Everyone does still, they have another 4 months or so left in the season. Its just to early to give up.

maple leaf
11-26-2006, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=GOBLADESGO#3]13 shots doesn't cut the mustard. I can't belive even this team can't get over 13 shots, thats stupid. Blades lose again, actually ya know what...this Blade fan has givin up completely, I havb't gone to a game in over 2 months so I decide to go to the game against Red Deer and once again we lose and I see just how terrible this team is. I'm sorry guys but take it as a mirricle if I say anythign good about the Blades for the remainder of the season.

If you take a look at the Wheatkings roster they have (9) 19 year old's and (3) 20 year olds to Saskatoon's (3) 20 year old's and (1) 19 year old who I believe is the back up goaltender and the rest are 18,17 and (4) 16 year old's. There is no way Brandon should lose to the Blade's. Saskatoon is hanging in every game fairly well. Great thing's to come in the next few year's for this organization. Lorne is doing a great job with his draft pick's, and look's like he will have balance through out his line up for not only next year but for year's to come. So don't expect so much from such a young team. 16 and 17 year old's can not compete against 19 and 20 year old's. That's like saying a Nhl team made up of 20 and 21 year old's can compete with guy's in their prime at 26,7,8 or 9. So just sit back and watch these young men grow and develop into great, good and decent hockey player's.

11-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Well I didn't mean I had completely givin up I'm just saying we're not good, is that jumping off the bandwagon??? admitting that an 8-15 team isn't good??? Our division is pretty easy especially with the Pats in it, anyways I guess we still have a chance, now say what you want..... :groovy:

maple leaf
11-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Well I didn't mean I had completely givin up I'm just saying we're not good, is that jumping off the bandwagon??? admitting that an 8-15 team isn't good??? Our division is pretty easy especially with the Pats in it, anyways I guess we still have a chance, now say what you want..... :groovy:

Sorry but the Blade's are good. Just young and inexperienced as yourself. As I said they will get better as they learn how to play and compete at this level. So to say they have no talent is way off base.

BladeRunner
11-26-2006, 04:49 PM
I would have to agree with you that the Blades are good and have alot of potential to being a good club, but i do feel the frustration with the amount of shots being fired at the net by the Blades, they need to stop the amount of passes they are taking and shoot, you never know what will happen.

Blades 4 Life!
11-26-2006, 09:52 PM
that an 8-15 team isn't good

No winning 7 games in one year is bad, that happened to the Blades 4-5 years ago i believe. 8-15 is pretty damn good for a young rebuilding season. Plus we are only like 2-6 points from P.A. WHen i bought season tickets this year i knew that it would be a very long journey for the Blades.

But the thing is about watching the start of these year players is that in about 10-15 years down the road when some of them are in the NHL, us "supporting" Blades can say "I remember watching Zahn when he was only 16" . That is the greatest thing about watching a rebuilding team.

For any fan of the Blades, if you doubt them now so early in the season and their furture you are not a true fan. I go into every game thinking, I hope there is some good hits, nice plays from the youngsters and some good fights. If they get a win or a point, i'm happy.

Last year was different, since i've been watching the Blades they have been playoff conterders, and whenever they lost i would really be mad but after what Les Lazruk said on the Bus trip to Swift Current, in 1-3 years we are going to have "thee" best team in the WHL because no team not even lost has the same amount of young talent then us and Les even said in the next 5 years we could even host the Menorial cup. There is a really good future for the Blades..... Don't give up in "any" way.

11-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Sorry but the Blade's are good. Just young and inexperienced as yourself. As I said they will get better as they learn how to play and compete at this level. So to say they have no talent is way off base.

Wow dude, what's with all this sarcasm. Are you a negitive Nancy??? man some of you guys are ^$%^$#@ my off. Blade Runner whats up dude. Anyways, everyone's mad at me because I posted about the Blades 2007-08 season. I'm not giving up, I'm telling you all how good they're gunna be. Christ sakes yes I'm looking forward to next season and I know alot of you are frustrated aswell. I'm not giving up, I love the Blades, Go Blades Go I will always support them and that's the end. If anyone want's to say something about that then speek up.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-26-2006, 11:50 PM
I know alot of Blades fans(including myself) are frustraited about many aspects of how the Blades are performing,but considering how tight the standings are in the East Division,the Blades are not out of the playoffs by any means,and every team has to go through these growing pains,and this year it is the Blades turn to do so,and they are still a competitive team,and at least they do not give up totally. They have a young team with alot of energy,and I think they are doing relativly well so far this season.

howley
11-27-2006, 12:10 AM
this Blade fan has givin up completely

I'm not giving up
So what are you doing?

Blades 4 Life!
11-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Just give GOBLADESGO#3, he is just a frustrated Blades fan. He just hasn't been to as many Blades games as us that live in Saskatoon and it probably sounds worse when you listent to almost every game on the radio. When i listen to a game on the radio, it's harder to get the whole perspective on the young players and the rebuilding season. If i listened to almost every game on the radio i wouldn't have as much confedice either.

Tidball
11-27-2006, 06:40 AM
Watch both of our games VS the Kootenay Ice if you're haviong doubts. We are supposed to be in the doghouse but we have given some top teams (Everett, Vancouver, Kootenay) a solid run for thier money. in 2 years we will have an awesome team. In 3 years we will have an amazing D-core and hopefully some forwards. I like watching our games this year. Give it time. Next season should be interesting. Over the next couple seasons all teams will be getting worse as we're getting better.

ProStaff
11-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Season just started Raiderfan, there is plenty of time for PA to finish last.

BladeRunner
11-28-2006, 06:10 PM
HEY PROSTAFF! applause since you think you know it all, im wondering who do you cheer for?

Tidball
11-28-2006, 07:31 PM
sorry I didnt notice I put we are not going to finish last. I was just stating that the Blades werent picked to be a last place team. Actually the raiders almost have as many points now as alot of people predicted they would have at the end of the year.

Yes, that was under the assumtion that they did not have Thelen and Robertson

Blades 4 Life!
11-29-2006, 12:29 AM
by the end of the season, either the Blades or the Raiders will be in last place, maybe even moose jaw.... anything can happen.

howley
11-29-2006, 10:44 AM
seto would not have fit at all with the current blades team. It would just throw the whole team's chemistry way off. I think they would be worse off with him. I really do.

howley
11-29-2006, 01:53 PM
This year the Blades are based on hard work...seto isn't exactly the perfect model for that. The Blades are based on getting scoring from everyone on the game sheet. Seto doesn't really fit into that. The Blades are based on back checking, again...that's a big "X" for him. They are based on selfless play, he doesn't fall into that category either. I am not saying he isn't a good player. I am not saying he isn't a great player. He just would not fit with this years team. I would forsee it as a problem in the dressing room and a problem on the ice. It's the superstar mindset and this years team (unlike last years) doesn't have room for a selfish superstars. Just look at how choked he was when he got traded. You think that attitude would not have shown through somewhere if he had of stayed in Saskatoon. Not saying he wouldn't make the Raiders. But really, has he made the Cougars better this year? Again, I think that the Blades would have been worse off with him than they are without him. In two/three years I am pretty positive Blades fans will be pretty pleased with the Setogouchi for non roster players trade. Espesically if Elliot progresses they way they think they make good use of that first round pick. I think I said it here but the Blades could potentially benefit from the seto trade until 2012. Crazy!

wango tango
11-30-2006, 01:05 PM
your arguement that the blades are a team with a differnt mindset and a team that doesnt need a pure goal scorer only work if your argueing for a team that is winning. wehn they are loosing and your saying they are better off for not having a goal scorer it doesnt make sense.. It does make sense that they did the trade for the future...I remember last year when we didnt trade Chpchura or byers.i am glad we didnt trade thelen though

setoguchi's production alone would not be enough, and the disruption and distraction would outweigh the benefit. gotta go with howley on this one.

Tidball
12-04-2006, 07:00 PM
seto would not have fit at all with the current blades team. It would just throw the whole team's chemistry way off. I think they would be worse off with him. I really do.

Sorry but you're wrong there.

Right Wing - Setoguchi
Centre - Jusitn McCrae
Left Wing - Menei

Right Wing - MacAuley
Centre - Gillies
Left Wing - Konecny

Right Wing - Wintoneak
Centre - Chris Cloud
Left Wing - Macangus

Those are 3 decent lines and Seto would have blended in perfectly with Menei and McCrae, 2 men he knows VERY well. With Setoguchi we would be 4th in the division battling for 3rd. (Keep in mind that Setoguchi loved Saskatoon)

Tidball
12-04-2006, 07:08 PM
This year the Blades are based on hard work...seto isn't exactly the perfect model for that. The Blades are based on getting scoring from everyone on the game sheet. Seto doesn't really fit into that. The Blades are based on back checking, again...that's a big "X" for him. They are based on selfless play, he doesn't fall into that category either. I am not saying he isn't a good player. I am not saying he isn't a great player. He just would not fit with this years team. I would forsee it as a problem in the dressing room and a problem on the ice. It's the superstar mindset and this years team (unlike last years) doesn't have room for a selfish superstars. Just look at how choked he was when he got traded. You think that attitude would not have shown through somewhere if he had of stayed in Saskatoon. Not saying he wouldn't make the Raiders. But really, has he made the Cougars better this year? Again, I think that the Blades would have been worse off with him than they are without him. In two/three years I am pretty positive Blades fans will be pretty pleased with the Setogouchi for non roster players trade. Espesically if Elliot progresses they way they think they make good use of that first round pick. I think I said it here but the Blades could potentially benefit from the seto trade until 2012. Crazy!

"Just look at how choked he was when he got traded. You think that attitude would not have shown through somewhere if he had of stayed in Saskatoon"

Yeah, he was choked because he loved Saskatoon and he also quoted "i wanted to help the Blades make the playoffs" that doesnt sound like a player who wants to go out and score goals. Setoguchi loved it here and would've continued to make a great addition. Now he doesnt even get to play in front of his family anymore..... Howley, THATS where Setos disapointment came from when being traded. Guch would have been given the "C" and wouldve played like a captain had he stayed in saskatoon.

BTW If Elliot is with us till 2012 then he didnt live up to his potential, i dont know why you put that.