PDA

View Full Version : Is this the same Team?

Wildeyes
11-27-2006, 12:26 AM
What a difference this team has been lately, With a goalie the team has confedice in they are playing way better not knocking the young goalies we have but when a team has a goalie that they team knows will save that important goal they can stop worring about playing defencve hockey and start shooting.

They are just playing better nice to see hopefully know with what is it 11 games vs the easter div now hopefully they can make some damage and get on a roll start winning

Wildeyes
11-27-2006, 04:46 AM
true true i didnt listne to the game today i was sleeping for work

Five Hole
11-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Yeah, it was tough to not get the 2 points last night, and almost lucky we didnt come out with 0. But, hey, we got 1 and we're 7 out of a possible 10 points in the last 5 games. Deckert has played all of them and let in 12 goals.
I agree they seem to be playing with more confidence lately for whatever the reason. We can only speculate how we'd have done without him in the nets.
December is definitely going to play a big part in getting in position for a playoff spot. 8 games against east division before the Christmas break (no apologies for being so politically incorrect :D ) and 2 more before NewYears... 20 point up for grabs... how many 'ya think we can grab?
Maybe we should start a poll: 0-5 6-10 11-15 16 -20

I'm calling for 11 points, just over .500 ... if we can get more than that, I think it'd be a bonus!
What do you guys think??

BWK
11-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I was surprised at how PA outworked Brandon last night. There is no way that the Wheaties deserved two points for last nights game.

I haven't looked at your schedule until Christmas but more efforts like at the Keystone last night and the Raiders will be OK.

I would be nice to see them get a long play-off run in the Eastern division because it is so much fun watching Brandon end PA's season :)

Sabes
11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
I would be nice to see them get a long play-off run in the Eastern division because it is so much fun watching Brandon end PA's season :)

It's also nice knowing we have a memorial cup banner hanging in our rink. pbj

Five Hole
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM

Yes, '84 - '85 I believe... I'm sure Charlie...oops, I mean Dave Manson :D has fond memories of that season :thumb:

Knuckle Chucker
11-27-2006, 08:43 PM

ZING!!! Where is the comeback BWK?

BWK
11-28-2006, 12:06 AM
ZING!!! Where is the comeback BWK?

Ouch. No comeback. Boogaard'd

I remember that 1985 PA team. Some real good players (Hodgson and Viveros) and some God ugly Cooperall unis. Brandon was at the beginning of their "dark decade" (they sucked for a long time) and my best friend up in PA bugged me about every game the two teams played.

Since then PA has always been my second favourite team in the WHL but the one I like beating most. :thumb: