PDA

View Full Version : Danny Barrett

skinnyhead
11-27-2006, 11:43 AM
REGINA (CP) -- The Saskatchewan Roughriders have made a decision about the future of head coach Danny Barrett.

The CFL team called a news conference for later Monday at Mosaic Stadium to make an announcement about the coaching position, according to a spokesman.

There has been speculation about Barrett's future since Eric Tillman took over as general manager in late August.

Saskatchewan, 9-9 this season, is coming off a loss in the West Division final for the third time in four years.

Since Barrett took the Roughriders coaching job seven years ago, the team has had just one winning season and not hosted a home playoff game.

dondo
11-27-2006, 08:06 PM
the decision is that he's gone?

WHEATMAN
11-27-2006, 08:31 PM
the decision is that he's gone?

yes, he is gone

BladeRunner
11-27-2006, 09:15 PM
thats to bad, i really liked barret coaching the Roughriders, he may not have led them to anything good but i thought he was good for the players, but there is nothing i can do about it, the decision is made. :(

Trav
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Danny Barrett was a great guy for the Riders. Coaching was decent but not the greatest but I think the Riders should've kept him. Tillman better pick a good coach and not be biased towards someone like Austin or some guy thats a close friend of his.

howley
11-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Tillman said he would only hire guys that he knew personally. He said hiring someone he didn't know would be like marrying someone after 1 blind date. So yeah he will have alot of bias towards ppl he knows. Hopefully that doesn't mean Austin is at the top of the list.

WHEATMAN
11-28-2006, 12:02 PM
I have heard he is looking for another head coaching job in thew CFL. I think Daves coaching style would be a perfect fit in Saskatchewan