PDA

View Full Version : white in TO

double big gulp
11-27-2006, 10:24 PM
"So Leafs defenceman Ian White got busted for driving with a suspended licence after being busted for drunk driving and he says it would be "no big deal" if he wasn't a hockey player. If I were him, I'd shut up for a while and try not to say anything quite so asinine ... " a quote out of the Toronto Sun. It is good to see White's ego hasn't shrunk since he left Speedy Creek.

Swando
11-28-2006, 01:50 AM
It wouldn't be a big deal. Thousands drive while being restricted and are caught and nothing is reported. Yet when you are known to Canada or the world it is a big deal and that in a way is unfair. In saying this I do not condone what White has done but I empithize with him that if it was his neighbor , no one would know or care to make a big deal about it. Kinda stupid for him--he's got the money for a cab ride.

Willis on the Welfare
11-28-2006, 08:37 AM
I think the problem with Ian White's comments is they could easily be mistaken as "drinking and driving is no big deal". Not sure if thats what he meant or not, but the media loves to create controversy and put words in people's mouth and in that regard his comments are easily taken out of context.

He should just be quiet and wait this one out instead of complaining about the cruel hand his fame has dealt him. I'm sure if he was back with the Marlies no one would make a big deal out of it.

Horseshoe
11-28-2006, 06:16 PM
It wouldn't be a big deal. Thousands drive while being restricted and are caught and nothing is reported. Yet when you are known to Canada or the world it is a big deal and that in a way is unfair. In saying this I do not condone what White has done but I empithize with him that if it was his neighbor , no one would know or care to make a big deal about it. Kinda stupid for him--he's got the money for a cab ride.

I'm sure hockey players also get out of many of these sticky situations a lot more than the average joe just because of who they are, so I wouldn't feel too sorry for all the publicity they get.

Swando
11-29-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm sure hockey players also get out of many of these sticky situations a lot more than the average joe just because of who they are, so I wouldn't feel too sorry for all the publicity they get.

Never thot of the other side. Good point. You wonder5 how many hockey loving cops let these guys off? In fact the guy who arrests a player probably gets harrassed by fellow hockey lovers.