PDA

View Full Version : Twin bill verses the Cougs

Jovorock
01-14-2005, 06:58 PM
How many points will the Rockets get this weekend, none, one, two, three or a sweep?

I will bet Westblom tonite and back to Yeomans Saturday night.

Squig
01-14-2005, 07:36 PM
PG just acquired a whack of new guys that all have to learn their system. Will take some time - expect a few scraps - they will play a rough and tough style to try and use their size advantage. I think Kelowna will have an advantage in speed - especially on the outside. Comeau and Keller took turns going around their D in the last game.

Game Q's

Is Bowles that good or lotsa puck luck?

Will the ref be a factor? (Usually is but for who? If he calls it tight ADV Kelowna if he lets them play ADV PG)

I agree Westbloom tonight and Yeomans tommorow night.

Go Rockets Go!!

mccabe23
01-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Or will he sit again? :confused:

Jovorock
01-15-2005, 10:20 AM
I heard on the radio last night that Deschamps has the flu, he is in PG and may play tonite? Big win last night for the Cougs, but attendance was 3028? There is alot of good hockey fans up there, when will they ever forgive management for there past?

http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1000882

Squig
01-15-2005, 10:39 AM
The team flew him up yesterday because they didnt want him to ride the bus all the way but they thought they might need him because Weber is sick as well. The boys also sat in the bus on the way up for four hours while the road was being cleared due to an accident. Well those are my excuses - fact is we didnt play very well. It sounded like the cougs played a pretty good third and could have won the game with a little luck.

DId anyone notice the PG colour guy that Regan had with him for the first two periods? I thought he was a huge homer for PG which struck me kinda odd to be on the Rockets broadcast. He also made some strange remarks - like underarm hair and such. He wasnt there for the third period so maybee Regan gave him the boot.

Jovorock
01-15-2005, 11:18 AM
DId anyone notice the PG colour guy that Regan had with him for the first two periods? I thought he was a huge homer for PG which struck me kinda odd to be on the Rockets broadcast. He also made some strange remarks - like underarm hair and such. He wasnt there for the third period so maybee Regan gave him the boot.
I only listened to the first and a bit of the second on the radio, I didn't hear the "underarm hair" remark. That sounds funny that Regan kicked him to the curb for the third period.

kelownakarl
01-15-2005, 01:08 PM
I didn't get a chance to listen to the game but I spoke with a friend here in town this morning who did and he said the colour guy was quite amusing.... Looking forward to getting some revenge tonight. Westblom to start?

Jovorock
01-16-2005, 06:42 AM
Three out of four points in PG is pretty good, Keller and Ray with a couple. I was surprised that Yeomans got all three starts in a row against the Cougs and getting two shutouts in three games?

http://www.whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1000892

Squig
01-16-2005, 12:05 PM
but hey I'm not the Coach. Would like to know his reasoning tho.

Missed the game last night - sounds like we played pretty well by the recap.
Low shot totals relatively tho.

I went to Penticton to watch the Vees play the Millionares. A few notables.... Jordan Cheveldave played well netting the game winner. Ryan Coghlan (former Rocket - sent to Van in the Rory McDade/Nick Marach deal) played ok - never grew much and never developed really well. Needs to work on lots of areas of his play. None other than George "Bubba Westwood decided to scrap a 16 year from the Vees. He raised the crowds ire with this and lost the fight. The crowd gave him the gears pretty good. I still don't think that guy wears shoulder pads!! Young Goalie for the Vees looks good - Milan.

I ran into Mike Cards dad - had a good chat.

Cool to go into these old buildings - that is one of the nicer old barns that i have seen.

kelownakarl
01-16-2005, 01:38 PM
but hey I'm not the Coach. Would like to know his reasoning tho.

Missed the game last night - sounds like we played pretty well by the recap.
Low shot totals relatively tho.

I went to Penticton to watch the Vees play the Millionares. A few notables.... Jordan Cheveldave played well netting the game winner. Ryan Coghlan (former Rocket - sent to Van in the Rory McDade/Nick Marach deal) played ok - never grew much and never developed really well. Needs to work on lots of areas of his play. None other than George "Bubba Westwood decided to scrap a 16 year from the Vees. He raised the crowds ire with this and lost the fight. The crowd gave him the gears pretty good. I still don't think that guy wears shoulder pads!! Young Goalie for the Vees looks good - Milan.

I ran into Mike Cards dad - had a good chat.

Cool to go into these old buildings - that is one of the nicer old barns that i have seen.

Nice little recap I enjoy getting out to the odd BCHL or KIJHL game myself.

George Westwood is Bubba Westwood's older brother. Apparently tougher too, doesnt sound like it.

How did Kelowna product Cody Collins look?