PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays New Logo

Blades 4 Life!
11-28-2006, 04:17 PM
The Toronto Blue Jays will sport a more menacing and, hopefully, more attractive look next year.

The Blue Jays unveiled their much-anticipated new logo on Tuesday, the fourth in the 27-year history of the franchise.

The logo, designed by Toronto-based Brandid, shows a stylized bird to the left of the scripted word, "Jays".

The colour scheme is basic blue trimmed in black, white and metallic silver, with metallic-graphite shadowing giving the lettering a three-dimensional effect.

"It's a powerful, engaging and contemporary graphic," Brandid creative director Randy Redford said. "But it remains true to the traditional roots of baseball."
Noticeably absent are the red maple leaf and word, "Blue".

"Our fans like to call us the Jays," Blue Jays senior vice-president of business affairs Lisa Novak said. "And the fans are the most important stakeholders in everything we do.

"We felt it would only be right to acknowledge them by giving recognition to this in the primary logo. Of course, the club name remains the Toronto Blue Jays as it is an important and cherished part of the team's identity and history."

The Blue Jays confirmed their new logo will officially replace the old on January 1, 2004

"We felt an exciting new look for the organization was a logical step in as we continue to attract a new wave of fans," Blue Jays president and chief executive officer Paul Godfrey said.

Here is a Pic of Frank Thomas wearing it: http://i13.tinypic.com/42x6z6h.jpg

BladeRunner
11-28-2006, 04:31 PM
i dont believe it! what seems to be the problem with the one they have now, i personnally hate the new look. :burningma maybe over time i might like it but it looks to stupid.
""It's a powerful, engaging and contemporary graphic," Brandid creative director Randy Redford said. "But it remains true to the traditional roots of baseball." what is he on?

Click here, you may have already http://i13.tinypic.com/42x6z6h.jpg

the old logo in the back and new one on the hat, which one looks better?

i would like some feed back on what others think of the change!

Blades 4 Life!
11-29-2006, 12:36 AM
I personally don't mind it. On sportsnet tonight i saw a better look at it. It's different and over time people should start to like it. the new logo is starting a new chapter in the Jays.... the Chapter where they make it to the playoffs and the Yankees don't dancing pi pbj dancing pi pbj . with a new team they added a new logo.

Plus the jays re-signed Greg Zahn. I didn't think they were gooing to sign him but i guess i was wrong and they also sigh Barajas so i wonder who will be the starter.

nivek_wahs
11-29-2006, 12:47 AM
The Rod Barajas deal fell through, that's why the Jays went and re-signed Zahn.

Blades 4 Life!
11-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Ohhh that sucks i thought they signed him. well Zahn is a good catcher and hitter as well. GoJaysGo

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
12-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Well that sucks, I liked the Jays logo and when I saw Thomas wearing that hat I just thought they made a special hat to fit his head ;) but I guess change is good but I hope it;s not too drastick, I'm hoping the hat logo changes and I guess the logo on the fronjt of the Jerseys but the jersey itself is fine and I hope is not changed, see yall in a month or two lol.

old_time_hockey
12-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Can someone tell me what was wrong with this logo http://www.onlinesports.com/images/jhd-mlb-bluejays.jpg?

Clean, says the team name and city, has a maple leaf. And they actually made the playoffs while wearing it.

Retro is in!!! Lets go back to it.

12-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Yuk, I hate that logo, if anything they should never wear those jerseys again, I hope the new logo doesn't go back to the old one that's discusting.

Fight Guy
12-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Ok..so im just wondering, you guys do realize they have used this logo for the past season or two? Unless your just talking about the 'J' on the hat, but it isnt really any different than the one in the main logo. Actually, it says it would be the new logo as of Jan 1, 2004. Im just curious cause it sounds like you all think it is brand new. Please clarify. :skeptical

12-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Well I better not see a huge change next year in the Jays uni because I like this logo.

dondo
12-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Ok..so im just wondering, you guys do realize they have used this logo for the past season or two? Unless your just talking about the 'J' on the hat, but it isnt really any different than the one in the main logo. Actually, it says it would be the new logo as of Jan 1, 2004. Im just curious cause it sounds like you all think it is brand new. Please clarify. :skeptical

it appears that they've gotten rid of the bluejay head (from this years version), and simply have a J or what I thought was a "T" for Tarrana ...

nivek_wahs
12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
it appears that they've gotten rid of the bluejay head (from this years version), and simply have a J or what I thought was a "T" for Tarrana ...I think it's supposed to be a "T"... either that or a really weird looking J.

Fight Guy
12-20-2006, 02:51 PM
it appears that they've gotten rid of the bluejay head (from this years version), and simply have a J or what I thought was a "T" for Tarrana ...But the article clearly states its talking about the logo WITH the bird. Their new logo will not just be the 'J'...or 'T'(it looks like a T to me), but just a secondary logo like other teams have So they can have a hat that is like other teams with just letters.

dondo
12-20-2006, 11:10 PM
hmm well then you'd be right because they have been using that other logo for most of the past season -- I thought the change was to just the "T" -- with nay bird