PDA

View Full Version : McArdle for Reese Done deal

bruinsfan9
11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
All of you on this board got your wish. Reese is gone. McArdle's a Giant. Good luck. I'm leaving now. You won't hear from me again exept when Reese is lighting it up in Moose Jaw. Hopefully McArdle will score more goals for you than he has in Moose Jaw. Dondo I'll bet your happy!!!! Merry Christmas.

Beaner
11-30-2006, 01:21 PM
All of you on this board got your wish. Reese is gone. McArdle's a Giant. Good luck. I'm leaving now. You won't hear from me again exept when Reese is lighting it up in Moose Jaw. Hopefully McArdle will score more goals for you than he has in Moose Jaw. Dondo I'll bet your happy!!!! Merry Christmas.

Do you have a link or source for this?

bruinsfan9
11-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Jason calling from the airport as he gets on a plane to Moose Jaw.

Beaner
11-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Jason calling from the airport as he gets on a plane to Moose Jaw.

Well, thats a pretty good source.

I guess we will have to wait and see for the official announcement, but I have to believe there is a draft pick or something else involved.

Waiting patiently for the details to come out.

bruinsfan9
11-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Is the word I got.

Beaner
11-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Is the word I got.

Thats a pretty good deal.

Thanks for the scoop bruinsfan9.

bruinsfan9
11-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Please dont confuse me with bruinsfan19 haha im bruisfan9 from Portland and not a Chilliwack fan. Boston Bruins baby!!! Been on this board supporting Jason while in Vancouver. Had a great time with all of you. Will keep checkin form time to time. Got to keep givin Dondo a bad time. ;)

Carebear
11-30-2006, 01:50 PM
WHAT!?!?!? Thats it...time to get ahold of my source and find out!!!

Beaner
11-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Please dont confuse me with bruinsfan19 haha im bruisfan9 from Portland and not a Chilliwack fan. Boston Bruins baby!!! Been on this board supporting Jason while in Vancouver. Had a great time with all of you. Will keep checkin form time to time. Got to keep givin Dondo a bad time. ;)

LOL

Yeah I fixed that right after I hit submit.

I hope you do stick around the board, Dondo needs someone to keep him in line. haha

GF71
11-30-2006, 01:56 PM
ahaha. You all can believe Rob. He is pretty close to the situation. ;)

bruinsfan9
11-30-2006, 01:58 PM
ahaha. You all can believe Rob. He is pretty close to the situation. ;)

You'll never know who I am and I'm not Jasons dad either. But I did tell Rob, the infamous Rsthelen this morning.

Redwic
11-30-2006, 02:05 PM

What do you mean by "all of you... got your wish. Reese is gone..." ? He has fairly productive numbers, certainly better than years prior. Reese even has more points this season than McArdle. Please enlighten me.

bruinsfan9
11-30-2006, 02:11 PM
I didn't literally mean "all of you" I know there are many on here who have appreciated Jason and his play while here. There have been somw though who have constantly just belittled him no matter how he is playing and I let my emotions about that get to me at times. So to all of you who supported Jason and appreciated him while in Vancouver, sorry for the "all of you" comment - and thanks for your support of him.

Carebear
11-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Confirmed by my source. :dead:

Beaner
11-30-2006, 02:13 PM
What do you mean by "all of you... got your wish. Reese is gone..." ? He has fairly productive numbers, certainly better than years prior. Reese even has more points this season than McArdle. Please enlighten me.

Reese has wether deserved or not, taken a lot of criticism on this forum for his play.

Some have defended his play others, not so much. It has been a pretty heated, but well debated topic since the start of the year, and even last year as well.

http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=8520&highlight=Reese

Thats just one of the threads from earlier this season.

Carebear
11-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I think Dondo's gonna have a celebration party.

bruinsfan9
11-30-2006, 02:19 PM
and see how McArdle performs but of course he won't. He's probably partying already which is why we haven't heard form him. But I am eagerly awaiting your respons Dondo. haha

Carebear
11-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Heard there was a draft pick involved as well, not a straight trade.

Good luck in the future Jason!

And welcome new guy! :clap:

Kassian
11-30-2006, 03:07 PM
If this is true this is a hell of a trade. It's crazy, last night I was talking to another Giants fan about wishing for a Reese for McArdle trade even if the Giants had to throw in a bantam pick or two. Apparently this wasn't just a wish! pbj

Carebear
11-30-2006, 03:12 PM
If this is true

It IS true.

Kassian
11-30-2006, 03:45 PM
It IS true.

I'm sure it is. But there isn't an official link as of yet.

N.W. Bruin
11-30-2006, 03:58 PM
So gone for a month.

Kassian
11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
So gone for a month.

It doesn't matter. It's still well worth it. :D

N.W. Bruin
11-30-2006, 04:32 PM
It has been three hours since the post.

Rsthelen
11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
so I figure I had better come on here and say HI to all of you .... so HI and I come in peace ... no lazy American jokes no nothing but thanks, the few times I have to Vancouver I had a great time, friendly people and all .... and by the way, I am not Jason's dad or mom for that matter hahahaha

You all take care!!!!!

ROB!

N.W. Bruin
11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Took quite a while. I was starting to doubt it. Second round pick included with Reese.

Sabes
11-30-2006, 05:19 PM
linky

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=5600

old_time_hockey
11-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Guess Hayzer and the boys can do some meet and greet with Kenndal on the way back to Vancouver tonight.

Beaner
11-30-2006, 05:40 PM
linky

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=5600

Gald to see its finally official

Jason + a 2nd rounder is a good price for McArdle.

Rsthelen
11-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Took quite a while. I was starting to doubt it. Second round pick included with Reese.

Never too fast .... kind of like a portland break out ....

Beaner
11-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Well best of luck to Jason in Moose Jaw.

I know he got a bit of a rough ride here in Vancouver, but I think he was starting to turn a corner, hopefully the change of scenery will make him an even better hockey player.

All the best Jason.

rinkrat
11-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Excellent trade! This is exactly the type of player the Giants needed.He can score,scrap and has an edge.Welcome aboard,Kendall :thumb:

Good luck to Jason,this may be the break he needs,as he wasn't flourishing under Hay's system.Moose Jaw may allow him to showcase his offensive skills more.

Knuckles Muldoon
11-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I like the trade simply because the Giants got the best forward available out there. Kendall is going to be jacked about playing here at home. He's a guy who's got great assets, competes hard and plays with an edge. Good trade! I've got to think that Bonner had to work to sweeten the pot when it became clear that Everett were hot and heavy after McArdle also, and I'm glad Bonner did what he had to do to land him.
As for Reese, well, he's played considerably better this year, but we need to have guys who can step up and be counted in the playoffs, which is something we would have had to wait to see from Jason. I don't know that he has the ability to ramp up his intensity for playoff/Mem Cup action. But he has played pretty well so far this year and deserves credit for that. The second round pick thrown in is a bit tough to take, but its the cost of doing business when you acquire a guy who can make the difference I feel McArdle is going to.
Injuries aside, all I'd like to see now is perhaps another vet for the back end, and then I'd be perfectly happy with the roster to make the run for it all.

rinkrat
11-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Can anyone let us know what the Giants have for draft picks for the upcoming years? Thanks

Beaner
11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Can anyone let us know what the Giants have for draft picks for the upcoming years? Thanks

Based on the Trades thread, http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=7695

WE Owe for '07:

2nd Round to Moose Jaw
4th Round to Chilliwack
5th Round to Saskatoon
8th Round to Tri-Cities

We get for '07

3rd Round from Swift Current
4th Round from Regina
5th Round from Spokane (Could be an '08, not sure whos option it is)
5th Round from Tri Cities
6th Round from Red Deer

So looks allright - Might be missing a few picks as I wasnt keeping track as much during the '04-05 Season.

rinkrat
11-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Once again,Beaner clutches up!
Good job,thanks. :thumb:
Its nice to see what we have left,not too bad IMO.

BTW there are plenty of un drafted players putting up numbers in MidgetAAA...

Beaner
11-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Once again,Beaner clutches up!
Good job,thanks. :thumb:
Its nice to see what we have left,not too bad IMO.

BTW there are plenty of un drafted players putting up numbers in MidgetAAA...

Yes there are and the Giants have a great record at getting these guys as well, Franson, Lucic just to name a couple.

Think I will add the running draft pick status to the trades thread, so its easy to check.

rinkrat
11-30-2006, 08:50 PM
http://www.bcaha.org/DOCS/MML%2006-07%20Player%20Stats.pdf

Alot of un drafted talent here,Trevor Hamaguchi catches my eye around #25.

Section_Z
12-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Looking at Beaner's draft list, makes the trade lok even better....considering the 2nd round pick will (crossed fingers) be at the end of the round. (almost like a third round pick)

dondo
12-01-2006, 05:40 PM
and see how McArdle performs but of course he won't. He's probably partying already which is why we haven't heard form him. But I am eagerly awaiting your respons Dondo. haha

well well... bf9 .. I think its a great deal obviously -- now Jason had a great start to the season, but has been disappearing off the score sheet as of late, but that does not mean that I have not enjoyed his effort this season. He's worked harder than I've ever seen him work and I appreciated his play this season..

All that said -- McArdle's a big game, game-breaker kind of player so yes I am overjoyed with this trade. I think its a fair trade and we had to give up a producing roster player to get someone like McArdle. But we acquired a player who will put the puck in the net consistently, and in the big games as well.

btw I was working last night so I found out late about this deal, but I am pleased .. and surprising as it may sound coming from me -- I wish Reese all the best in Moose Jaw.. after last season his effort and commitment this season was 500% better -- at least I noticed him out on the ice - which is more than I could have said last year..

Swando
12-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Dondo --now that's a parting shot!! lol Let's hope he thrives in MJ.

Beaner
12-02-2006, 03:03 AM
Looks like a great start for both players traded, 2 points each and 3rd star in their first games with the new teams.

Nicely done Jason and Kenndal. :thumb: