PDA

View Full Version : McArdle out Reese in

Sabes
11-30-2006, 03:18 PM
according to a thread on the Vancouver forum the Warriors have dealt Kenndal McArdle for Jason Reese. Not sure if it is straight across or if there is other stuff involved or not.

MooseJaw_Kyle
11-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Chad Lang has finally realized that we aren't going to make the playoffs this year. or very slim chance. Most people know that we should start buolidng for the future 2-3 years.
Now if the trade is true the Warriors will have even less scoring on the team.
Reese has pretty good numbers but assuming he is playing on a great line in Vancouver so his numbers might drop a bit.
The only part i don't get is Reese is 18. He will be 19 next year we do need to build for the future. Why didn't Lang try to get 16-17 year olds. We probably won't do to great next year either.We should be trying to acquire 16-17 year olds that will be with the club for 2-3 years even getting some Bantam Picks in the draft would be alright.Instead of getting 18-19 year olds that will be no help in the next 2-3 years.The Voytechek trade and Isbister trade didn't make much sense to me we are giving up our bantam draft picks even though there mid round. Look where we selcted Holzapfel.Those picks could be used for getting a great team together in the next 2-3 years instead of acquiring more players that won't be no good to us in 2-3 years.

Just my two cents

SectionNDeserter
11-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Now if the trade is true the Warriors will have even less scoring on the team.Just thought I would point out, Reese has more points than McArdle. :D

playon
11-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Reese was playing on the third line with limited PP time in Vancouver, He is second in the league in plus/minus and with more ice time his numbers should go up.

SectionNDeserter
11-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I would say that that it is the Giants that are losing a little scoring, but they are getting a player that is a lot more well-rounded and "in-your-face" than Reese is. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Reese finishes the season with more points.

Swando
11-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Reese was playing on the third line with limited PP time in Vancouver, He is second in the league in plus/minus and with more ice time his numbers should go up.

You can't say he was on the 3rd line as 1/2 the year he was on the 1st line. Czibere Watt and Reese lit it up the first 1/4 of the games and have now tailed off. I think that his "inconsistent" play had a part in the trade. He definately has the offensive talent to play when he wants to.
As for the # of points McCardle has I think the Giants hope this puts a spark under Kendal and playing infront of big crowds and family will put him back on the scoring path.

playon
11-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Swando the kid has never played in the top six forwards in a Giants uniform and when he did it was for a brief parts of games. As for Cizbere and Watt they have been in the same boat. Where do you figure they were ever the first line in any game is beyond an explanation. Repik, Bliznak, Lucic, Mac, Kraus, Lamb. Then you had the Reese line. If you watched the games Watt moved up to the first line and Lamb down to the 3rd. Funny how Lamb moving to the third he got started on a scoring streak again playing with Reese and Watt went to crap. Giants got what they wanted a big winger that can score for the Mem cup and in my thoughts Reese got what he wanted a place to play and get the ice time he needs to develope. Both the Giants got what they wanted in the trade and I'm sure both boys will do just fine for their teams. Kendall is more of a Don Hay style of player that probably has more to offer the team then Reese does at this point in time. Reese needed a fresh start and will get that and you Swando will get the kind of player you like to watch. It's all good now isn't it? Enjoy while you can because I'm sure this isn't the end and you better win it all because the future isn't so bright in the back end or up front after this year IMO.

Swando
12-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Swando the kid has never played in the top six forwards in a Giants uniform and when he did it was for a brief parts of games. As for Cizbere and Watt they have been in the same boat. Where do you figure they were ever the first line in any game is beyond an explanation. Repik, Bliznak, Lucic, Mac, Kraus, Lamb. Then you had the Reese line. If you watched the games Watt moved up to the first line and Lamb down to the 3rd. Funny how Lamb moving to the third he got started on a scoring streak again playing with Reese and Watt went to crap. Giants got what they wanted a big winger that can score for the Mem cup and in my thoughts Reese got what he wanted a place to play and get the ice time he needs to develope. Both the Giants got what they wanted in the trade and I'm sure both boys will do just fine for their teams. Kendall is more of a Don Hay style of player that probably has more to offer the team then Reese does at this point in time. Reese needed a fresh start and will get that and you Swando will get the kind of player you like to watch. It's all good now isn't it? Enjoy while you can because I'm sure this isn't the end and you better win it all because the future isn't so bright in the back end or up front after this year IMO.

Having not missed a game this year and only 2 last year I think I know the Giants line-up as well as anyone. Hay does not have a 1st 2nd etc as he tries to roll 4 lines and plays those players that have it going. If you had seen the games in PG Hay had Watt Reese out every 2nd shift it seemed . I take it you see all the away games as well? Reese was the best forward in Portland last week and Hay rewarded him with what I'd call 1st line icetime
With Giants lack of scoring in recent games (especially on their road trip Hay was giving Reese lots of PP time(especially in Alberta). In saying this I like the trade and have never been a big Reese fan as he is to inconsistent. In saying that I want to give credit for Jason's efforts beyond a 3rd line player. I suppose Kraus is a 4th line player cause he has played with Bouma and Wright.?

dondo
12-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Reese has a habit of disappearing especially during the big games. Now that said his effort this season was far more than I have previously seen it. I see McArdle as more of game-breaker/big game player, willing to pay the price to put it in the net -- not something I would ever accuse Jason of.

Jason disappointed me last season, but has been putting up decent numbers this year so far, but has tailed off as of late. watching McArdle in the Top Prospects game last year I was very impressed with his game and I expect he'll bring the kind of element that Brule brought to the team last year, this year.

btw the deal was for Jason and second round pick -- for McArdle

hopefuly Jason does well for you guys, as I am expecting McArdle will do well for us and give him a chance to pay in the Mem Cup..

and playon early in the season the Watt, Reese, and Czibere line were getting top minutes as hay rewards the players that are producing with PP time and extra minutes.