PDA

View Full Version : Players That Should Be Drafted This Year!

Blades 4 Life!
02-22-2005, 02:30 PM
I think there are so many blades players that should be drafted. But there is also a player that shouldn't be drafted a he is. The players that I think should be drafted or get drafted this year are Joe Barnes, Dalyn Flatt, Aaron Bader! Ryan Keller is 20 already and he might be to old but a team like the Toronto Maple Leafs could pick him up. i left out Setoguchi and Rabbit because they will get drafted. The player that I think shouldn't be drafted but he already is Tyler Boldt. He turns the puck over to much(Medicine Hat Game) and takes to many stupid PIM. After a couple more years Evan Haw, Justin McCrae, and Bjorn Svensson could be drafted. I also predicted that Joe Barnes will get a Hat Trick on Wednesday night against the Broncos.

shazam
02-22-2005, 04:25 PM
no NHL --> no draft. so I wouldn't worry about it.

Blades 4 Life!
02-22-2005, 05:15 PM
There will be a NHL season and there will be a draft. Anyways even if there was no NHL season there would still be a Draft! Go Blades Go!

shazam
02-23-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry, but are you five years old?

There is going to be NO NHL season, it's been cancelled. And because there is no NHL season due to no CBA, there will be NO draft. To have a draft, there has to be a collective bargaining agreement in place.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But until the NHL has a deal in place, there will be no draft. If for some miracle they can come to an agreement on a CBA before the draft and with enough time to plan and meet with scouting staff, then MAYBE they can hold a draft.

Don't hold your breath.

Lefty
02-23-2005, 04:39 PM
These players will be drafted, but its a question of when they will be drafted. As of now it looks doubtful that anything will be sorted out by June, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

When the draft comes around, I believe that Setoguchi, Barnes, Rabbit and Flatt will all be drafted. Keller and Cyr are both Free Agents, though I don't think they would go in the draft if they weren't. Bader could be drafted in the later rounds, but I think he will more likely end up as a free agent next season.

ofhdhdy
02-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Dalyn Flatt???? Ok this is a serious question, do you know anything about hockey? There is no way in hell Flatt will be drafted. Bader even seems a little far fetched too.

Triton
02-27-2005, 06:26 PM
The same guy who was tossed around like a rag doll last night by the linesman.That was the funniest thing by far of the night.Couldn't stop laughing,and each time Flatt go close to the refs everyone in the section would yell out "watch out Flatt..here come the zebra's".Too funny,had to be there.

Billy Blade
02-28-2005, 09:34 AM
whats the deal with barnes?it seems like all you blade fans think he is great but he never got drafted?he went #2 and dint get drafted?is this correct?

Joe Barnes was ranked #91 by the CSB for North American skaters last season but he opted out of the draft. He has had a lot of injury problems so far in his career and he thought it would be better to wait until this year to enter the draft. Of course now that there won't BE a draft this year... :rolleyes:

As an answer to the above questions regarding Ryan Cyr and Tyler Boldt being drafted, that wouldn't happen even if there was a draft. Previously undrafted 20 year olds almost never get drafted, they are simply offered free agent try-outs with a club who may be interested in them. An exception to this is a previously drafted player who does not sign with the team that drafted them and then re-enters as a 20 year old. Even then they are usually a later round pick if a team wants to take a chance on them.

Billy Blade
02-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Dalyn Flatt???? Ok this is a serious question, do you know anything about hockey? There is no way in hell Flatt will be drafted. Bader even seems a little far fetched too.

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black... Flatt will be drafted, that's almost a certainty. Whether or not he'll develop into an NHL player remains to be seen. Most players who are drafted never even go on to play in the big league, even with the watered down talent pool we have today. In the CSB's mid-term rankings Flatt is at #58 overall for North American skaters. Joe Barnes is now at #78 overall for North American skaters.

Billy Blade
03-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Well, that happens all the time in hockey though, especially at the bantam draft level. It's all speculation, whether a kid is going to fill out or not, actually play in the dub or go to a US college, runs into injury problems, so many factors. I wouldn't call Barnes a bust, he has been our most consistent player this season and is coming into his own now that he has been healthy. I've personally never debated Barnes and Chipchura but neither player has really put their team on their back and delivered anything significant so far to be honest... With that said, Chipchura is definitely a good player.