PDA

View Full Version : Cougars 2 Giants 5

Swando
12-02-2006, 01:29 AM
As a STH of the Giants and to those faithful Coug fans that did not see the game in any which way ie TV net etc. Here is a thought from the game.
Talent wise I think that PG is better on paper than the Giants. They came out skating and really moved the puck and hit a couple of posts that could have changed the complexion of the game. The goal that was disallowed was definately interference on Sexsmith. I'm surprised that retaliation did not occur as the PG player ran him. (in case you were wondering about that play - I sit on the blue line 14 rows up and saw it unfold in front of me.)
In a nut shell Vancouver scored late in the 1st (15 secs) and .7 secs in the 2nd. Were in not for these 16 secs the game "could have been much different. I don't know the mental make up of your team but if the 3rd period was any indication it really affected them.
Summary thots.

Conditioning.. it seemed after the 1st the Giants swarmed them and PG could not keep up.
Strategy - Hay admitted in the post game interview that they changed thier checking approach in the 2nd and 3rd and your Coug forwards could not adapt. Maybe outcoached?? I think you would agree from what you guys have been thru.
Chemistry I don't really see it in your team..I'm sorry to say this. I really wanted the Giants to try and land Hunter for our M Cup team but he floated in the last 2 periods...He is your captain in a huge game McArdle was a great acquistion if tonight was any indication. Setaguchi was not really a factor. I thot I'd see a lot more finese and talent but he let me down a little bit. In closing your big guy Mahic (spelling sorry) is a big weak link for you guys. He was getting a lot of ice time and the Giants exploited him as they did in their first meeting here. Love Wieshert. A great player. Terrell? was kind of invisable Your 4th line of Rai,Kym and can't remember ( good name)
did not see that much action whereas the Giants 4th line dominated the 3rd period.
The reason for this note is that I have followed your posts this past year, and I have seen the extreme dissatisfaction with ownership, coaching , arena etc and I feel for you. So I thot I give you my feeling of the game.

rinkrat
12-02-2006, 02:23 AM
I thought Robertson was the Coug's best player.He had alot of jump and really drove the net.

Sput
12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I totally agree Swando. No team chemistry. No heart. No drive. Management seems to not want to spend to get a proven coach, but also given the track record here, who would come.

For the most part Seto hasn't impressed me with his scoring touch, yet, but his physical game has been more than I expected. Hunter shouldn't have the 'C'. Too hot and cold. Way to big a chip on his shoulders, and a known commonity to ALL the refs in the league. Wishart hasn't had a good season at all. High draft hangover? Tyrell is usually the only spark plug on the ice, so it mus have been an off night for him. Rai, Klym and Hunt(?) don't see as much ice as they likely should. Can't develop on the bench.

I don't know what the magic elixor would be here, other than a change in ownership. Even then there is soooo much history here it would still take a while for the fans to return, and the attitude of the team to change.