PDA

View Full Version : Calgary @ Medicine Hat

Tiger Trauma
12-02-2006, 05:40 AM
Calgary has a good team, they match up well against us.
A seven game series would be awefully close if it were to happen.
I would expect another close game tomorow. Hopefully the tigers will be able to avenge the beating they took last time out there.

The hitmen had a couple really good chances to tie the game up late. But dupont ended up kicking the puck in his own net, after a battle with dorsett.

Russel had a dandy goal, going end to end, undressing a calgary dman, and potting it in the net. 50 seconds after the hitmen tied the game up!

and

Finally jerrid sauer is back in the lineup! He didnt get a point but played very well.

It seems like bendfeld should play with a little more fire in his game.
I'm not on the ice but, he seems a little average out there at times. He looses the puck quite abit in the corners, and sometimes making poor passing decisions.

CatFan
12-02-2006, 03:20 PM
they give us way too much trouble!! There's just something about their game that doesn't let us play ours. I was very happy to see Jerrid Sauer back, especially on the penalty kill. What a difference he makes to us defensively. I agree about Bendfeld, I know his billet and I understand he is a great kid, but I hope getting drafted hasn't made him a bit lazy with his game. I'm sure Willy will set him straight if this is the case. I really like Shayne Brown and hope he's back soon as well. I know people are saying we have to do it this year, because the next couple of years will be tough, but we still have some great young talent to look forward to watching for some time (Ennis, Brown, Provkin, Holfeld, Grant, etc. )

Tiger Trauma
12-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Well,the tigers third period lapses has finally cost them. Calgary scores 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of the game, to get the win. All that effort in the first has gone to waste.

The whl site gamesheet doesn't list bendfeld on the ice during the last goal, but you can see him skate by without his stick, while his man, is jamming away at the rebound at the side of the net.

ugg is all i have to say about that. Hitmen deserve credit for that game. Thier goalie kept them in, during the first, and totally outworked us during the third.

peatfan
12-04-2006, 03:49 AM
It was almost like the game in the Hat when we weer outshot 25-4 in the first (or something like that). The HItmen played their worst period I've seen in 10 years, other than Spence. How we ended up winning is a surprise to me. I think Russell was upset thinking that Keetley had the puck in his glove and thought that Keegan batted it in. It looked to me that Keetley had it at first. I'm behind the net in the second tier so had a good view of it. Keetley never put up much of an argument so maybe he knew he never had control of it.
Two good games with you guys and I can see the East finals coming down to the two of us. Should be great. Also had a great time Friday at your building. Great fans down there and much more vocal than the first time.
nhl3 Boogaard'd nhl Boogaard'd nhl Boogaard'd nhl Boogaard'd