PDA

View Full Version : Little Disappointed

Swando
12-03-2006, 02:44 AM
I missed my first game this year (live or web) due to an xmas/open house invite. I listened to the first 5 minutes and then entered the house till 12:30. I was confident I could come home and read about how we won or how we lost on our WHL site. Unless everyone was in the same boat as me then I apologize. I also apologize if I failed to notice a write-up about the game. However if we as Giants fans are poor loosers and can't comment due to a lose then I have a problem. Beaner is and many other have been so faithful to the fans that check in on this site. Obviously Beaner was working again so I have said enough. Even to open a thread and make a comment vs a "Beaner style or Dondo style write up is ok. Maybe I'm a poor loser and am taking it out on every one BUT I hope that is not the case with you. I guess to recap is "don't be afraid to start a thread and give us your thots. Beaner will fix the title as he did for me and it allows the most used team site on the WHLFANS to catch up on the game. Win or Lose Thanks for reading and I wish I had watched the game on the web vs the open house lol
I

Beaner
12-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Yeah I missed it as well, was all set to listen to the game during the concert I had to work tonight, but it got stupid busy and I had no chance to. :(

Not even a write up from Joey on the Giants homepage. :(

I think this has more to do with the time of year than the "poor loser" thing Swando. A lot of people have a lot of things to do, with office parties, shopping and visiting relatives etc etc.

But I for one am really looking forward to the game on Tuesday, and I don't have to work that night either. yeehoo

Swando
12-03-2006, 04:56 AM
Yeh I figured that out and tried to delete the post later. After reading my post the 2nd time I thot I came across as an ah. Sorry readers . I'm just and avid Giants fan like the rest of you! Merry Xmas parties etc.\

Swando

Knuckles Muldoon
12-03-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't start threads. I also don't watch road games on webcast, so starting a thread based on the radio broadcast seems kinda useless.

dondo
12-03-2006, 01:11 PM
working all day and night last night -- didn't even hear a sniff until this morning.

and are you kidding swando?? -- ripping into a team in a spectacular rant is where I shine :D :thumb: apparently the collective energy of the fans was severely lacking last night and the team felt it -- so its all our fault :p .. so folks from now on we have to at least have our energy going the G-Men's way even if we are not actually listening to or watching the game.

I would hope that we don't have a bunch of homers here who are not willing to discuss their team's deficiencies and rant and rail like a true fan should (fan = fanatic after all), and I don't think we do. Win or lose we need to be fans and drag the team over the coals or lift them to the heavens depending upon their level of play.

maybe knuckles but feel free to give us your insight into what you heard and its not pointless cause the rest of us are in the dark about how the game flowed, what the kinds of chances were etc etc...

Knuckles Muldoon
12-03-2006, 02:31 PM
maybe knuckles but feel free to give us your insight into what you heard and its not pointless cause the rest of us are in the dark about how the game flowed, what the kinds of chances were etc etc...
Ok. Here's the Coles notes version...
-Giants start out playing well, getting lots of hits and have a very solid first period with Hunt hammering guys left and right.
-Second period, Wilms laments the fact the boys have stopped hitting and he can't figure out why.
-Neufeld gets driven into the net and exits the game. The Giants start getting into penalty trouble.
-Third period, Giants are piling up the penalties and can't get any momentum going. Tbirds getting the puck in deep against the Giants D consistently, forcing the Giants to spend plenty of time playing down low, and end up giving up too many close-in chances, a few of which end up in the net, with Sexy not looking too sharp coming in cold off the bench.
That's about it. Not a good game for the boys, but nothing to worry about, IMO. These games happen now and then.
It's going to be a difficult one in 'Loops tonight as the boys are low on fuel and the Loopers looking to follow up their recent win over the Giants with another.

dondo
12-03-2006, 03:24 PM
from the looks of the stats and types of penalties called we had a couple of refs who were making a point of calling physical penalties, boardings, roughings, elbows, etc etc -- not the kind of refs I want to watch (and not the kind of reffing we should see either -- the physical play is an integral part of the game -- bettmanisation not-withstanding) and perhaps the reason the Giants stopped hitting in the second (even though they had the bulk of their shots on goal in the second) and then re-discovered that form in the third only to be punished for playing a physical game -- this is all conjecture of course -- but I've seen the script played out like that before.

thx knuckles -- coles notes version is very good.