PDA

View Full Version : Jan.10th Trade Deadline.

Raiderfan8
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Personally I cannot see the Raiders making any big moves this year. The only players I feel the Raiders may look at trading our A.J. Thelen and Mike Hellyer. However since they are both 20 year olds it makes it more difficult for teams to try and fit them into there line-up. What does everyone else think? Who will stay and who might go?

Dwight Schrute
12-03-2006, 08:50 PM
depends on where the raiders are. i wonder if clarke will keep in mind how it didnt pay off to keep chipper last year, and thelen could go to a team such as everett. i see him as a good fit there.

Dwight Schrute
12-03-2006, 08:52 PM
nobody would take hellyer
brandon would
you know mcriminal has a major man love for boys from the brandon area

Dwight Schrute
12-03-2006, 10:48 PM
they will not get anything for hellyer
yup they are better off keeping him, i just wish he could produce more

Big Ern
12-04-2006, 12:38 AM
brandon would
you know mcriminal has a major man love for boys from the brandon area

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL HAhahahahahaha!! Oh, man, do I like that one!! Kelly McCriminal....LOL LOL LOL I tried but I could not come up with a name like that for Broncos' HC/GM Dean Chynoweth...HAhaha! But good one there, dude. Kelly does sound and look like a criminal with some of the deals he pulls, or tries to pull off. For example: DUSTIN KOHN to Brandon for ummmm who did they trade him for...Derek LeBlanc to Calgary...I think that's what "McCriminal" did. WHAT A RIPOFF!!! He is a criminal!! LOL LOL LOL

Raiderfan8
12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Has Clark made any good trades besides the mid 90's when he got Vopat, Brown and Ryan Smyth. ( Although Smyth stuck in the NHL ) ?

Raiderfan8
12-04-2006, 05:21 PM
This is a little off topic but when was the last year (besides this year) that a member of the Raiders was not on the World Junior Team!

Five Hole
12-04-2006, 08:33 PM
This is a little off topic but when was the last year (besides this year) that a member of the Raiders was not on the World Junior Team!

Your question got me curious, so I grabbed a cold one out of the fridge and sat down and went googling...
this may not be totally accurate, as it's suprisingly difficult to find the info, in fact it took so long I had to go grab another one :D
...but best I can tell from last 11 WJC Team Canada final rosters, Prince Albert Raiders have been represented 6 times nhl

(subject to corrections by long time Raider fans, of course!):

2006...Chipchura
2005...Beauchmin, Colliton
2004...Colliton
2003...nobody
2002...nobody
2001...Schultz
2000...nobody
1999...nobody
1998...nobody
1997...Willis
1996...Phillips

as I say, I could stand to be corrected here

Big Ern
12-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Chipchura was not only a leader on the ice with that team, but also in the dressing room. Brent Sutter said himself, "That kid got the guys going". I sure wish we had another Chipchura at the world juniors. However, instead of going with Greg Hartsburg as head coach, why not go to the WHL, where the best coaches are??
Don Hay...VAN
even Kelly McCriminal from Brandon, he could easily be a great world junior coach!
Will Desjardins...M.H....good ole' Saskatchewanite! WOW, would he be a good one.
Dean Chynoweth...S.C....he would be average...

These boys could all coach this team...if we had success with WHL coaches before, why would you change?? Up to Hockey Canada, I guess.

Dwight Schrute
12-05-2006, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=bigern]Kelly McCriminal from Brandon, he could easily be a great world junior coach!QUOTE]
is there enough manitoba born players to ice a competive world junior team

Dwight Schrute
12-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Kelly does sound and look like a criminal with some of the deals he pulls, or tries to pull off. For example:
yeah the travis young and caine pearpoint for greg watson was definatly a steal........

Five Hole
12-05-2006, 06:20 AM
i think he was meaniong at world jrs even on other countries teams

Hmmmm, not sure how to dig that info up... only one I know is Aki Seitsonen... there are probably a few more... does anybody else know the answer to that one?

Triton
12-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Hmmmm, not sure how to dig that info up... only one I know is Aki Seitsonen... there are probably a few more... does anybody else know the answer to that one?

Kevin Kellett,Igor Pohanka,Michal Sivek,Milan Kraft,Rastislav Lipka (before he got cut) and maybe Menhart and Borodkin.

Dwight Schrute
12-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Zeliska Probably Has A Good Shot At Making It
especially with his play as of let the first dozen games i wasnt too impressed at all but he has really played well. id say its 50/50 for him right now