PDA

View Full Version : Giants 5 @ Kamloops 6 Dec 3

Swando
12-04-2006, 12:18 AM
I'll start this thread by saying if the Giants played every game like this and lost I still would enjoy it. However I might be inclined to look for a new goal keeper. Giving Tyson the BOTD he's young coming off a injury and sickness year last year and now THRUST into the # 1 spot with all the weight on his shoulders. There needs to be an adjust time and a coaching time for Tyson and then all things willl go well. Good interview by Bonner after the game. Basically said they told the players to not woory about the score (outcome) but be proud of the way they totally dominated the game start to finish.
Out shot Loops 38-15 ? and their goalie giving up 5 goals gets 1st star.
Great feed on the web from Kamloops - wish all were like the. Poor sound however.

rinkrat
12-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Giving Tyson the BOTD he's young coming off a injury and sickness year last year and now THRUST into the # 1 spot with all the weight on his shoulders. .

He wasn't "thrust" into the starters role.That was a concious decision by team management.They knew how Dustin felt about playing time and forced his hand.They could have at least gone 60/40 and let him get into a groove.Instead we have an injured back up keeper and a youngster with shattered confidence in a Memorial Cup year. :confused:
It ain't all Slades fault here.

Big Ern
12-04-2006, 12:43 AM
He wasn't "thrust" into the starters role.That was a concious decision by team management.They knew how Dustin felt about playing time and forced his hand.They could have at least gone 60/40 and let him get into a groove.Instead we have an injured back up keeper and a youngster with shattered confidence in a Memorial Cup year. :confused:

Maybe the Giants DO need Kyle Moir after all? Seems there are few shots, but a pile of goals given up.......maybe a situation where you need more experience??

Swando
12-04-2006, 12:49 AM

If you don't call your goalie side kick quitting the team being thrust into the #1 role I don't know what to call it. I am speaking from Sexsmith's point of view here! Bonner mentioned "I'm sure he'd like a couple of those goals back" As far as putting the blame on Tyson -- I meant that if this was a steady occurance where we out played the competion and still lost --- I hope you get my point Rinkrat

rinkrat
12-04-2006, 12:54 AM
If you don't call your goalie side kick quitting the team being thrust into the #1 role I don't know what to call it. I am speaking from Sexsmith's point of view here!

Sorry I wasn't being critical of you,just saying he was like a starter before,playing 50%.Not a new role for Tyson,he looks fatigued.
Not as consistent as a veteran. :(

Kassian
12-04-2006, 12:57 AM
Good interview by Bonner after the game. Basically said they told the players to not woory about the score (outcome) but be proud of the way they totally dominated the game start to finish.

I disagree with that. I didn't think the Giants dominated the entire game. It went back and forth. The 3rd period was definitely dominated by the Giants but I thought Kamloops really stepped it up in the 2nd after the scrap and other penalties called afterwards.

dondo
12-04-2006, 01:35 AM
only heard bits and pieces of this game, but it sounded like the Giants let their commitment to the puck slide at inopportune times. Some sloppy play by our newest acquisition McArdle which lead to a few of the odd-man rushes the other way -- that line was -2 across the board including D-men and Cody is now four games without a point -- which kind of worries me.

every time I checked back in it felt like the Blazers had yet another odd man rush. Now I don't know how much of that is poor puck possession or just sloppy play but you don't win payoffs or cups playing that kind of hockey.

Kudos to the team for battling back (both teams in fact), but it seems like they were there own worst enemies tonight, in a lot of situations..

Tyson has got to play better, as there are a couple of goals which simply should not have been scored - not challenging the shooter it sounded like to me. Hopefully he hasn't lost his confidence and he's just learning to fill that role, and all that entails. Losing Neufeld last night probably threw him for a loop as well. That said -- allowing 6 goals on 18 shots is simply unacceptable. Tyson has the skills, but this time might be a bit of growing pains until he adjusts.

I expect the team to re-group and reestablish steady responsible play and a couple of days of practice might just be what they need.

Bonner actually bothers me in post-game interviews because I find his perception of the team is always skewed, and he isn't too quick to actually analyse the team, but rather simply says everything was rosy. Hayzer tells it like it was and I prefer that. I think its too bad that Don Hay doesn't do the post-game interviews on the road as well.

CLOOCH
12-04-2006, 02:59 AM
i was at the game

i was happy with the forwards play, but sloppy sloppy puck handling, Tyson was TERRIBLE...

i was dissapointed seeming as i was the only giants fan their it seemd like (there were like 1 or 2 others but i was the only 1 cheering) and i took allot of flack leaving the arena

it was good times, i CANT WAIT till the gants fan bus is here so i can meet some of you guys

also the ice was TERRIBLE atleast 2 of the goals were because of players falling down at center and causing odd man rushes.