PDA

View Full Version : Keen's Korner Broncos/Pats

Scout
12-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Monday, December 04, 2006
Broncos Down Pats 3-2

Alright, just so we're clear . . . no goal!.

Regina had thought they tied the game in the final second of the third period when a puck banked off players in behind Travis Yonkman but . . . too late.

In my last post I was talking about Regina media "making a meal out of this", sure enough.

Here's Regina Pats play-by-play host Rod Pedersen's blog title - "ROBBED".

Here's what he said about the play in the dying seconds:

"I've already checked Keen's Korner, the blog of the Broncos' broadcaster, and he swears the puck went in 1 or 2 seconds after the horn. C'mon Jon! Are you trying to wrestle the WHL's biggest homer trophy from me?"

Good one Roddy! Don't fret. This years award goes to James Gallo of the Moose Jaw Warriors. His #1 foam finger is purely planted up the Warriors rear side. We can battle for the silver if you'd like.

Listening back to the end of the game . . . I sounded a little silly as I repeated "no goal, that was not a goal!" about 20 times in two minutes. Maybe I was trying to convince the officials from my perch to make the right call.

It's too bad in came down to that play in the dying seconds. Goals by Zack Smith, Daniel Rakos, and Mike Wilson put the Broncos out to a comfortable 3-0 lead in the third. Regina's late two goals, one on the powerplay and the other with the extra attacker ruined the shutout bid of Travis Yonkman. His save on the 2nd period shorthanded 2-on-1 was spectacular! Wow. That's maybe the best save of his Bronco career. Great job Yonks!

Regina looked uninspired and they are a better team that what they've shown. They were without defenseman/captain Kyle Deck (knee) and the departure of Justin Bernhardt (personal reasons) hurts them offensively.

Nick Ross tossed the check of the night. His thump on Danny Rakos as he attempted to go wide on Ross was a biggie. Rakos returned a couple shifts later but then left the game and did not return. I did see him on the ice for the post-game promotion though. He looked fine.

Two impressive stats to pass your way. The Broncos are now 12-1 when they score first. They are also a perfect 10-0 when they lead after the 2nd period. What a difference a year makes. Credit must go to the coaching staff in that regard.

The win puts the Broncos back to an even 15-15-1 as they get set to take on Prince Albert. The Raiders have points in five straight games and are playing their best hockey of the season. It will be a test especially up at the Art Hauser Center.

Have a great day,
Jon

Toswammi
12-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Rods blog, in case you all were wondering

http://www.rodpedersen.blogspot.com/