http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/Tips%20Stuff/Ice1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/Tips%20Stuff/ICE_standings.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/Tips%20Stuff/Tips_standings.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/Tips%20Stuff/specialtyteams-2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/Tips%20Stuff/H2H-2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/Tips%20Stuff/goalies-1.jpg

Tipped Off
12-05-2006, 11:59 PM
IT wasn't much of a fight. Only about 5 punches thrown. four of them by Beach. One landed squarely, then they hug for a few moments and Beach ends up on the bottom. Probably a draw, but Beach got the only punch that landed. As I said, not much of a fight.

As for Beach taking liberties...anyone who knows me knows I am not one for condoning the refs actions. I usually take the position that the refs have a tough job, they ar elearning, blah, blah, blah. That being said, this was the worst officiated game I've seen in my 9 years of being a STH (firs tthe birds, then the Tips). And, before I get called a whiner...I think it was equally bad. Captain Kirk was absolutely terrible. He handed the Tips the first period with some absolutely ludicrous calls in the Ice. They had every right to be severely pissed off after one.

The second period was equal...he sucked for both teams.

The third was the Tips turn. He called some ridiculous stuff. In one instance, Beach got dragged down in front of the net...as he stood up, another Ice player punched him in the face. The call? Two minutes each for roughing. Well, if Beach roughed the guys fist with his face, maybe...lol. That's just one example of the horrid stuff he was calling...for both teams.

It was ludicrous and made the game no fun to watch.

All that being said, Irving played great on a night when the Tips normal scorers had an off night. The Ice did a great job of protecting the net and keeping Hamill, Mueller, Beach and Fiala on the perimeter. Gendur got his first goal as a Tip. Congrats.

Tipped Off
12-06-2006, 12:03 AM
IT wasn't much of a fight. Only about 5 punches thrown. four of them by Beach. One landed squarely, then they hug for a few moments and Beach ends up on the bottom. Probably a draw, but Beach got the only punch that landed. As I said, not much of a fight.

As for Beach taking liberties...anyone who knows me knows I am not one for condoning the refs actions. I usually take the position that the refs have a tough job, they ar elearning, blah, blah, blah. That being said, this was the worst officiated game I've seen in my 9 years of being a STH (firs tthe birds, then the Tips). And, before I get called a whiner...I think it was equally bad. Captain Kirk was absolutely terrible. He handed the Tips the first period with some absolutely ludicrous calls in the Ice. They had every right to be severely pissed off after one.

The second period was equal...he sucked for both teams.

The third was the Tips turn. He called some ridiculous stuff. In one instance, Beach got dragged down in front of the net...as he stood up, another Ice player punched him in the face. The call? Two minutes each for roughing. Well, if Beach roughed the guys fist with his face, maybe...lol. That's just one example of the horrid stuff he was calling...for both teams.

It was ludicrous and made the game no fun to watch.

All that being said, Irving played great on a night when the Tips normal scorers had an off night. The Ice did a great job of protecting the net and keeping Hamill, Mueller, Beach and Fiala on the perimeter. Gendur got his first goal as a Tip. Congrats. Dakers played well too, could have easily been 3 or 4 to 0.

Tipped Off
12-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Everett in Top Spot in Western Conference
Silvertips Blank Ice 2-0
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Leland Irving stopped all 31 shots and earned his sixth shut out of the year
Everett, WA - After the only regular season meeting between the Everett Silvertips and the Kootenay Ice, the Silvertips come out on top by a final score of 2-0. Adding another win and two more points to their record they now rest at 24-2-0-1 and 49 points.

Not only are they first in the US Division they are now 1st in the Western Conference, after overtaking the Vancouver Giants in points. The Kootenay Ice fall to 19-9-1-2 and 41 points, second in the Central Division.

The game winning goal, Everett's first goal, was scored by Brennan Sonne at 14:28 of the first period. This is his third goal of the year. The goal's assists came from Graham Potuer and Jonathan Harty. The Silvertips' final goal was scored at 14:26 of the second. Dan Gendur caught a cross-ice pass and put the puck into the net from the left face off dot. This was Gendur's third goal this year but his first in an Everett uniform. The helpers came from Eric Doyle and Ondrej Fiala.

Once again Leland Irving was solid in between the pipes. He stopped all 31 Ice shots and earns his sixth shut out of the year. His record moves up to 18-2-0-1. Taylor Dakers, Kootenay's netminder, made 21 saves on 23 shots but drops his goaltending history to 11-3-0-1. On the extra man advantage both teams were scoreless on eight opportunities. The Ice out shot the Silvertips 31-23 during the hockey game.

The Everett Silvertips travel north into BC where they will do battle against the Kelowna Rockets on Friday, December 8th. The puck drops in Prospera Place at 7pm.

Silvertips Box Scores

Brennan Sonne (3) 1 G
Dan Gendur (3) 1 G
Graham Potuer 1 A
Jonathan Harty 1 A
Ondrej Fiala 1 A
Eric Doyle 1 A
Leland Irving (18-2-0-1): 31/31 saves
Power Play: Everett 0/8, Kootenay 0/8
Shots on Goal: Everett 23, Kootenay 31
Attendance: 4,708

3 Stars of the Game

1. Leland Irving (EVT)
2. Brennan Sonne (EVT)
3. Taylor Dakers (KTN)

Kristi
12-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Dakers cheap shot on Beach was the worst call of the night. Beach did NOTHING to deserve the penalty, Dakers should have been given 4 (at least!!)

I agree Kirk called yet another horrible game! When is the league going to wake up and realize that the players deserve decent reffing!

Tipped Off
12-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Powerless Tips top Kootenay
Despite not scoring a power-play goal, Everett scores two four-on-four goals to beat the Ice 2-0.

By Nick Patterson
Herald Writer

EVERETT - As of late the Everett Silvertips have been about power play, power play, and more power play.

Everett's been scoring at will with the man advantage, leaving opponents with dread when they see the Silvertips' talent-laden No. 1 power-play unit take the ice.

One problem: It's been power play and nothing else.

That's why Tuesday night's result was so gratifying for the Silvertips.

Everett defeated a top team without the benefit of a power-play goal as the Silvertips beat the Kootenay Ice 2-0 at the Everett Events Center.

Brennan Sonne and Dan Gendur each scored four-on-four goals - for Gendur it was his first as a Silvertip - and Leland Irving tied the franchise record for career shutouts, leading Everett (24-2-0-1) to its sixth straight win.

"Our power play has done so well lately, and (Kootenay) did a good job against us tonight," Everett coach Kevin Constantine said. "We didn't seem to get our shots on net the way we have in the past. It was nice to actually get a win where we weren't completely power-play dependent."

Everett scored 13 power-play goals in its past three games, a dominating stretch with the advantage. But over the same stretch Everett was outscored 3-2 at even strength, a worrying trend.

But while Kootenay shut down Everett's power play, holding the Tips 0-for-8, Everett was able to find a way at even strength.

"Our power play's really been clicking recently, then tonight we get two four-on-four goals," Sonne remarked. "What else can you say, four-on-four's all about the work ethic."

While Everett's power play may have misfired, the Tips' other special team rolled. Everett's penalty kill, led by defensemen Cody Thoring and Jason Fransoo, was at top form, holding the Ice 0-for-8. That included a 1-minute, 23-second stretch of five-on-three late in the third period that could have turned the game, but which Everett rendered helpless.

The penalty kill was a big reason why Irving, who recorded his 12th career shutout to match Michael Wall's franchise record, was rarely tested on his 31 saves.

"It's nice to get two points against one of the best teams in the league," Irving said. "I've got to give all the credit to the guys in front of me who are sacrificing, blocking shots, allowing me to see the puck. It definitely makes my job a lot easier."

Taylor Dakers made 21 saves in goal for Kootenay (19-9-1-2). Although he was called upon less often than Irving, Dakers was forced into far more difficult saves.

The Ice were left lamenting their inability to capitalize on four straight power plays in the third period.

"Everett's penalty kill is a lot different than most we've faced," Kootenay right wing and former Silvertip Curtis Billsten said. "They are very aggressive and focus on that hard. I think we were caught a little hesitant in what we were doing."

Everett grabbed the lead with a hard-working goal at 14:18 of the first period. With the teams skating four-on-four, good work on the forecheck by Sonne and Zack Dailey kept the puck in the zone and opened up a shooting opportunity for Graham Potuer at the right point. Potuer shot as Sonne skated in front of the net, and Sonne tipped it past Dakers to make it 1-0.

Everett doubled its lead with another four-on-four goal at 14:26 of the second period. Eric Doyle, at the top of the right circle, faked a slap shot and instead passed out front where Gendur, knifing down the middle, redirected it in to make it 2-0.

Slap shots: As expected, Everett center Peter Mueller was among the 22 players announced Tuesday night for the U.S team for the World Junior Hockey Championships. Mueller was one of two players from the Western Hockey League to be chosen, along with Spokane defenseman Sean Zimmerman. This is Mueller's second selection for the World Juniors. ... Everett left wing Kyle Beach had an eventful night, despite not finding the scoresheet. Beach agitated the Ice into several penalties, took three minor penalties of his own, and also got into a fight with Kootenay defenseman Chad Greenan, who's three years his elder.

At Everett Events Center

Kootenay 0 0 0 - 0 Everett 1 1 0 - 2

First Period-1, Everett, Sonne 3 (Potuer, Harty), 14:18. Penalties-Kurceba, Kootenay (interference), 4:10; Bohunicky, Kootenay (roughing), 8:24; Beach, Everett (roughing), 12:49; Billsten, Kootenay (boarding), 13:22; DaSilva, Kootenay (roughing), 18:11; Busto, Kootenay (roughing), 19:21.

Second Period-2, Everett, Gendur 3 (Fiala, Doyle), 14:26. Penalties-Kurceba, Kootenay (tripping), 5:59; Gendur, Everett (diving), 5:59; Bohunicky, Kootenay (elbowing), 7:25; Fiala, Everett (tripping), 9:07; Dakers, Kootenay (roughing, served by King), 12:42; Beach, Everett (roughing), 12:42; Beach, Everett (unsportsmanlike conduct), 15:13; Greenan, Kootenay (fighting), 17:30; Beach, Everett (fighting), 17:30; Potuer, Everett (boarding), 18:05.

Third Period-No goals. Penalties-DaSilva, Kootenay (unsportsmanlike conduct), 2:50; Fransoo, Everett (delay of game), 6:10; Harty, Everett (hooking), 11:29; Thoring, Everett (interference), 14:10; Potuer, Everett (roughing), 14:48, Bailey, Kootenay (roughing), 19:07.

Shots on goal-Kootenay 5-7-19-31. Everett 8-9-6-23. Power-play opportunities-Kootenay 0 of 8. Everett 0 of 8.

Goalies-Kootenay, Dakers 11-3-0-1 (23 shots, 21 saves). Everett, Irving 18-2-0-1 (31 shots, 31 saves).

A-4,708.