PDA

View Full Version : This is getting insane....

Trav
12-05-2006, 09:28 PM
It's already friggin 4-1 for Red Deer in the 2nd period. 4 goals on from what i see on the whl website, 12 shots bout. What is going on here? Yeah I know the Blades dont have Cole or Funk although Funk this year i havent been to impressed with. This is reminding me of the 7 win season. Frusturating to watch.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-05-2006, 09:36 PM
It does not help that they have 5 injured players(but that should not be an excuse) Well considering that this roadtrip is obviuosly draining for the team(in many ways)

I hope that they can win some more games and the east division teams seem to be the best opponents to get wins from.

I do not know what else to say becuase making trades is not always the answer.

Who do the Blades have left to trade away?

howley
12-05-2006, 10:53 PM
bright spots.
23 shots, that's the most in awhile. Cracking the 20 is good. For real, it's a step in the right direction. The other night Zahn was a -5 which is a tough stat to swallow. Tonight he was even. That is another bright spot. That's all I could see from the game sheet.

SectionNDeserter
12-05-2006, 11:43 PM
With the exception of Gillies, and McAuley to a lesser extent, none of the Blades looked like they were really in the game, and I think Molleken picked up on this--as there was about 6 players still left on the bench by the halfway mark of the 3rd period. Logan and Zahn really struggled in this game (Zahn was even in +/- because he was in the penalty box most of the night).

howley
12-06-2006, 10:29 AM
"6 players left on the bench" meaning he benched a 6 players or sent the rest to the dressing room?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-06-2006, 01:33 PM
But my question whould be WHY? The Blades already had an injury depleated line-up to begin with(probably to try and get them to refocus and yes they were tired too),and on the radio Les said he could not see Clements on the bench(but that was only one player) I sure hope with more players returning to the line-up this weekend,the Blades can turn it around and manage to get some wins.

Shortys
12-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I did not see what happened to Clements, but the Star Phoenix today said that he left the game in the first period because of a face laceration, that left 4 defencemen for the rest of the game, and after a weeklong roadtrip having to play that many minutes can get to you. I am not making excuses for them, but it seems like all our injuries are taking a toll on us. Hope things can turn around in the new year!! Maybe get at least 10 wins :D just kidding, one we are all healthy we will turn things around. :thumb:

Go Blades!!

SectionNDeserter
12-06-2006, 05:30 PM
"6 players left on the bench" meaning he benched a 6 players or sent the rest to the dressing room?With the 5 skaters on the ice, there was about 6 left on the bench.