PDA

View Full Version : Lucic/Boogaard recap?

HAF
12-06-2006, 12:23 AM
How was it? Its hard to get a very good idea from the radio. I want the blow by blow breakdown...lol

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
12-06-2006, 12:32 AM
for 30 secs, they just skated around each other, then did some uppercuts.

Swando
12-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Beuragard (SP) wanted the scrap and when Lucic said okay they dropped everything and Beaugard preceded to back up all the way from center ice to his bench with Lucic moving at him. I could not really tell how many landing blows there were but I thot Lucic was the aggressor and I was disappointed in Beauragard. He wanted the scrap and preceded to back away--enough said. I think that any team that gets Lucic to scrap is better off as Lucic is one of the best Giants and is dearly misssed for 5.

Knuckles Muldoon
12-06-2006, 01:45 AM
Longest shadow-dance I ever saw; must have been 40 seconds at least. I thought it was a draw, with no harm done. And I'm certainly not crazy about having Milan scrap a useless knuckle-dragger like Boogard.

Kassian
12-06-2006, 02:08 AM
And I'm certainly not crazy about having Milan scrap a useless knuckle-dragger like Boogard.

That "useless knuckle-dragger" scored the game winning goal tonight. For the record, Boogaard isn't that bad of a player.

I thought the fight was a draw too. Boogaard asked Lucic to go off the opening face off and the two squared off for a very long time. Lucic landed a few rights at the start and after that there was a lot of grappling. Boogaard was able to get his right arm free and landed two real solid rights before Lucic pinned him against the Tri-City bench. They continued to grapple and battle for position as Lucic got Boogaard tied up pretty good and started to throw a flurry of lefts. Eventually the two tie up and get in close and the linesmen seperate the two. Like I said previously I called it a draw but I can understand if some people would give Boogaard the slight edge for those two hard right hands.

dondo
12-06-2006, 02:37 AM
read my recap ;)

the fight was a draw , both players (when they finally got down to it) threw heavy haymakers that never seemed to do much damage, both connected and both missed pretty equally, but I think Lucic got a couple of more in -- the problem was the fight seemed to take the energy out of the building as opposed to ramp it up one way or the other. They were also both wrestling against the boards too so it wasn't a classic bout by any stretch.

I would have preferred to see a fight when the Giants were lacking energy throughout the rest of the game -- a fight at the beginning didn't do so much in the end - not even for Tri-City.

rinkrat
12-06-2006, 09:00 AM
That "useless knuckle-dragger" scored the game winning goal tonight. For the record, Boogaard isn't that bad of a player.

On a side note,after the game,Boogaard picked up the game puck and gave it to an unsuspecting little girl near the tunnel.A classy act I thought. :thumb: