PDA

View Full Version : Special Teams

grainbear
12-07-2006, 06:46 AM
I can,t remember this team ever scoring 3 short handed goals in a game . Yes , none of the goals with the exception of Kudelkas will make the highlite reel but once again we found a way to win after being down 3 to nothing . Good effort Canes in fighting through for the win. First game in a while with the 2 officials in place, and both teams once again had to learn that 2 sets of eyes are going to see more obstruction type calls. Well will see what Friday brings with the Tigers.

loudi94
12-07-2006, 08:12 AM
The league has to decide whether they're going to go with 1 or 2 refs. Flip flopping is a nightmare.

BTW did anyone see Seto's hissy fit when the trainer gave him the wrong stick on the PP in the third? Glad rumours of him coming here didn't pan out.

Porkchop
12-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Seto is talented but very much a whiner (hard working teams don't need that ego of me me me). How about the great coaching move by putting the AP d-man on with 2 minutes remaining and being short handed. He ices the puck for no reason then flips the puck over the glass to put the canes two men down. That could of and should of cost the canes the game. Smart move and really makes one wonder about the direction this organization is taking.

loudi94
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I've been imprssed with Versteeg's play. He's got a physical edge that is nice to see. Having said that, he probably shouldn't have been on the ice in the last minute.

Jake
12-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Seto is talented but very much a whiner (hard working teams don't need that ego of me me me). How about the great coaching move by putting the AP d-man on with 2 minutes remaining and being short handed. He ices the puck for no reason then flips the puck over the glass to put the canes two men down. That could of and should of cost the canes the game. Smart move and really makes one wonder about the direction this organization is taking.

Pardon my ignorance but what/who are you referring to when you say AP d-man?

canes77
12-09-2006, 03:46 PM
I think he is refering to Mitch Versteeg, since he is on the team temporarily. I thought AP players meant 15 yr olds but maybe it's any temporary player...In my opinion he is playing pretty well and could stay on the Canes for good.