PDA

View Full Version : Skrudland and Clements gone

howley
12-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Clements I understand. Skrudland makes no sense to me though. I am assuming he is the player Molleken sent to the dressing room during the road trip (forget which game) and told him to think about playing or packing it in and heading home. (from the Star Phoenix) I enjoyed watching Skrudland play, espescially when he was out there with Klotz. Good luck in the A...(jr). Will Clements be back next year?

Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades this afternoon announced the following roster moves. The Blades have outright released 18-year old forward Scott Skrudland to Junior A. Skrudland was acquired from the Kamloops Blazers on October 24th in exchange for a conditional 2009 Bantam Draft Pick.

Skrudland, a native of Winnipeg, MB appeared in 17 games for the Blue and Silver not registering a point but had 42 penalty minutes and was a –2. In a 2nd move today 16-year-old defenseman Mike Clements was reassigned by the hockey club to the Pacific International Junior Hockey League in British Columbia (Jr. B) League with the Delta Ice Hawks. Clements, who was in is his first season with the Blades had appeared in 18 games and picked up an assist to go along with 4 penalty minutes and a –2 rating. Today’s moves leave the hockey club with a total of 21 players on the roster including 13 forwards, 6 defensemen and 2 goaltenders heading into a home and home weekend versus the Prince Albert Raiders.

Shortys
12-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Yes, I agree, Clements was just not ready for WHL caliber hockey. He always looked way to rushed to move the puck and did not look comfortable at all out there. I think he will be ready maybe next year. Skrudland on the other hand I am questioning. He was a presence out there, but he did not register any points, which was probably his downfall.

The question now is, who is Molleken going to bring in?? Maybe Braid and or Belyk???

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-07-2006, 05:22 PM
I did not think Clements was WHL ready either,but releasing Skrudland? That was weird,maybe Braid and Belyk will be called back up, and now the Blades have only 6 defencemen on the team.

wango tango
12-07-2006, 05:51 PM
clements will be better served by getting in more games. skrudland's release is just getting rid of dead weight. expect more dead weight to be cut loose or traded. i count a half dozen more guys who could be jettisonned.

howley
12-07-2006, 06:11 PM
if a half dozen more guys are cut loose does that make this a "rebuilding year" or a "disaster"

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-07-2006, 06:28 PM
if a half dozen more guys are cut loose does that make this a "rebuilding year" or a "disaster"
I think it would be little of both,we all knew it was going to be a rebuilding year. If the Blades do not win any more games(I hope this will not happen) then I might call it a disaster year. It will be interesting to see what Molleken does next. :spineyes:

wango tango
12-07-2006, 09:07 PM

better to find out who is willing to, in molleken's words, 'pay the price', and who is just going through the motions. get a return in trade, of some kind, for as many of the work ethically challenged as possible. for many a change of scenery is all that may be needed.

"disaster" no not really. a discovery process and a painful one. yes. cutting loose dead weight will help.