PDA

View Full Version : Whos comming to the Blades

Tidball
12-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Obviously room is being made. Alot of people think Briad and Belyk. Personally i think we should put 6'5 Centre Travis Toomey on the roster. He is 16 and had a great game with Red Deer and got a few scoring chances. On defence i have no idea whos comming.

Friesen or Canart maybe?

Raiderfan8
12-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Which Friesen you talking about?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Which Friesen you talking about?
He is talking about Jared Freisen,he is a 16 year old also and is 6'1 and weights 165 Lbs. from Steinbach,Manatoba. Yes I do think that someone is comming over to take up a spot or two since now the Blades only have 6 defencemen on the roster. It will be very interesting to see what is done now that 2 players are not on the roster anymore.

Trav
12-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Braid and/or Belyk will stick with the team since they're still being called up so they must be doing sometihng that has impressed Molleken.

On defense, maybe Caleb Suderman whose playing Manitoba Midget AAA hockey and is doing pretty decent or the two guys that have already been mentioned. Dunno who else they got on defense that could be brought in.

I think Geric should be going. Injured for awhile last year, now injured again for awhile and i dont think he's done anything spectular to stay on the team but thats my own opinion.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Great minds think alike. yeehoo dancing pi I do not know if it is worth keeping Geric if his collarbone is going to keep on giving him trouble.

This whole situation is getting very interesting,and with all of the trade activity as of late,and I thought the Blades would stay quiet,but they did make roster moves and more are too come I would think.

howley
12-07-2006, 11:11 PM
lots of action in the east today! I am thinking Geric is out, Maybe Cameron as well as ward followed by molleken possibly?

Shortys
12-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Also I agree with Geric not showing much this year. Even last year when he did play he was not impressing me. And now with a similar injury to last year I cant see Molleken keeping him on Roster. Crowley will fill his spot nicely.

As tidball said, Toomey might be added as he had a really good game with lots of scoring opportunities and tallying the most shots on net for that game against Red Deer I believe.

AS for Defence, I assume we will either bring up a 16 year old, is Berg 16 yet or still 15? or trade for a 17 year old.

Shortys
12-07-2006, 11:20 PM
lots of action in the east today! I am thinking Geric is out, Maybe Cameron as well as ward followed by molleken possibly?

I dont think that Cameron will be out, he has showed potential this year, adding some points already, BUT if Molleken sees no heart in his game or he is not contributing to Mollekens standard he might trade him.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Jordan Braid and Kirk Belyk are playing, could they be the replacements at forward? Now to go and find a defencemen to add to the roster.

Having Brad Cole back in the line-up seems to be helping and some much needed toughness on the blueline also.

Shortys
12-08-2006, 09:18 PM
From the star phoenix either today or yesterday, I cant remember, it said that Braid and Belyk were only plaing tonight in PA, but not tomorrow night at home. I dont know if this means they wont be permanently added to the roster, or if Molleken may be trying a couple other forwards out tomorrow and see who fairs best. Braid has an assist on Pattersons goal tonite, which may help his odds of staying.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Yes that may be the case,I would not mind seeing some other forwards at tommorows game,and I do not get the SP delivered to my house,and it would be a nag to go to a store and by it everyday just to see if there is any Blades news like what you said about Braid and Belyk.

Shortys
12-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Check out this site. It is the star phoenix website with the blades page. All the blades stories that are printed in the paper are on here, but once in a while some stories are locked, to make you go and actually buy the paper. Which is one of the reasons I got a subscription to my house.
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/features/blades/index.html

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks Shortys, who else do you think would get the call up to the Blades?
I do not think that the Blades will go with 6 defencemen throughout the rest of the season.

Also something that I have also noticed. When I look at the Blades website
(roster page) and the players in the system and some time ago there were players on the list that are no longer on the list, I would assume they were dropped?

Shortys
12-08-2006, 09:57 PM
I do not know what will happen with the defence, but I definately see at least 1 more D coming in. Canart maybe for a couple games to see how he does. Other than that, Molleken might trade for another, who knows what he has up his sleave.
I think on the blades website they keep updating the "whos in the system" page for whoever is top on their list, not necisarily(spelling) dropped if not on that list. I could be wrong, but that is what it seems to be.

Tidball
12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Molleken needs to trade for Cowen. Berg is still only a 15 and i believe he's already played his maximum amount of games for the WHL. Belyk will make a nice edition. Release Geric, he does nothing for the team. Do those few things and the Blades will eventually do better

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-15-2006, 02:33 PM
They are still sidelined with injuries and it does not look like they will be returing anytime soon (that may change once they know what is going on)

right now the Blades have 5 healthy defencemen (not including Funk) on the team,and 12 healthy forwards (not including MacAulay) If the Blades suffer anymore injuries they will have to call some players up,and I think that the Blades will not have any healthy scratches this weekend.