PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new coach?

ProStaff
12-08-2006, 09:55 AM
First and formost, I am a die hard blades fan! I sat through that 7 win season and never left early once! but this season has turned into a joke! and one reason for this is Lorne. I feel he should bring in a coach and just be the GM. The players are not performing to there abilities and the coach is the one responsible for that. The skill is there and it was there big time last year and the players were simply not in the game. Yes we have a young team, yes this is a rebuilding year, but come on! we are alot better than our record or should I say we should be alot better than our record stats. Lorne can't coach and maybe he doesn't know how to be a GM too. How many draft picks has he wasted on usless player , I think around four or five. How on earth do you trade for a player using draft picks and then a week later just let him go! for nothing! how is that being a good GM. and like I said before that Seto trade sucked! and we as fans got screwd by the Brodski family. what is this team lacking the most. Scoring goals! what would a line of Seto, Gilles, & McCrae do for this team? Score goals!, provide excitment!, Get people in the stands, wins some games. We don't need anymore good young D-men, that trade sucked and the more we lose the more people we start to wake up on the whole trade!

howley
12-08-2006, 11:07 AM
disagree on the seto trade. Seto would not have taken us to the promiseland. He may have won maybe a few more games on his own but not got us into the playoffs. No reason to keep him if he has value somewhere else. PG will get 55 games out of him. Where as we will be getting games from players in that trade into 2012. I can't see how that is a bad trade? There are some other moves that are questionable to me though. For 1....remember all the wheeling and dealing done at the deadline last year, bringing in shulz, klassen, logan, price, hengen,. Out of all those players...who is still here? Logan, now how many of the other players are still in the dub, armstrong, haw, crowley and maybe one more I am missing. Trading crowley was brutal! The second one was Panchyson for a 6th rounder. Molleken and Panchyson didn't get along to well so he wanted him out. But you have to value the team as well. trading a roster d man with some potential for a 6th round pick is ridiculous! Then trading for Skrudland and cutting him a week later. I beleive he used the Panchyson draft pick to get Skrudland. So...in the end. He gave away Panchyson. Just seem like some questionable moves, I don't think seto's was one of them though.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-08-2006, 11:58 AM
The trades with Spokane and Swift Current were to stock up for the play-off run last year and as we all know it was a 2nd round exit. Would it hurt for Molleken to just be the GM? I do not think it would. I kinda just wish that we could fast forward this season and be done with it,but obviously that can not be done. I do not know if there will be a new coach but we will see.