PDA

View Full Version : Major Reno's to CUC (Sask Place)

maple leaf
12-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Starting in the new year their will be a new mezzanine with private concourse boxes which I hear but can't confirm can be rented out at $30 000 a year which can get you in any event going on at Credit Union Center. I hear the private boxes will be pretty juicy and they better for 30 grand a piece. So major event's like the Memorial Cup and the WJC. should be no problem for Saskatoon to hold.

Shortys
12-08-2006, 08:48 PM
They are doing the renos halfway through the season? Would it not be smarter to wait until summer or the off season to start a major reno?? :spineyes:

I have not heard of anything happening, do you have a source or link to this info?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-08-2006, 08:52 PM
There is nothing about this on the Blades website and yes I would hope that if these renovation would take place that they would be done in the offseason.

Maybe they could get rid of those hard plastic seats?? I doubt that would happen. It would be nice though or just replace the seats in section S?? :laugh: haha :D

Shortys
12-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Agreed, some nice cushioned seats would be a smart idea, if not for all the seats, just the season seat holders!! haha

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-08-2006, 08:59 PM
I like the way you think but that would make the non season ticket holders angry but not me :thumb:

Shortys
12-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Plus the season seats would keep being sat in by non season holders!! We should get a lock and key for our seats :laugh:

How about a Subway for the concorse?!! I think that would go over good. I still like having the rink food, but for an arena its size they should have some more choice! Although they would need to just about sell out every game and venue to make it worth while. Our attendance right now I think the pizza place is suffering, but not the beer stands by me!! :groovy:

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-08-2006, 09:20 PM
that would be an awesome idea,I believe some other teams have some in their arena,I would be ever greatful if a Subway was added, and the beer lineup yes that is always popular and will be. I can not really think of any other changes that would be a positive for the Credit Union Centre.

maple leaf
12-10-2006, 09:36 AM
They are doing the renos halfway through the season? Would it not be smarter to wait until summer or the off season to start a major reno?? :spineyes:

I have not heard of anything happening, do you have a source or link to this info?

Go to the City of Saskatoon web site and click on construction tender's.

howley
12-11-2006, 04:04 PM
hopefully with the extra money coming from "luxury boxes" they can afford to turn up the heat abit. I always freeze my arse off in CUC. I also agree with cushioned seats...and waiters and waitresses for every couple of rowsl...