PDA

View Full Version : Loads of Talent and Didn't Make the Show??

Flathead
02-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Everyone has watched a player that they thought should have or could have made it to the show, but for one reason or another didn't, who are some of these guys that come to mind???
For myself being as I've watched Bronco hockey for many years, Kimbi Daniels would have to be my pick. To this day it would still be hard to find a nicer skater, beatiful to watch. Unlimited offensive ability and could play the rough, chippy game as well.

1WHLFan
02-24-2005, 09:02 PM
I know of a person thats in the show but is supposed to be lighting it up. [B]Pavel Brendl has be with 3 NHL teams and he's only 23. Drafted in the 1st round 4th overall in 1999.

RunTheGoalie
02-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I was going to suggest Brendl as well, even though he did make the show, he's gone from a 70 goal scorer in the Dub to a journeyman with "minor leaguer" written all over him.

I suspect another Hitmen player is going to follow in his footsteps: Andrew Ladd. Like Brendl, he was drafted 4th overall, but unlike Brendl, he can't dominate the WHL.

BWK
02-24-2005, 10:47 PM
I don't know if I am straying too far from the original post, but whenever I think of someone from the WHL that should have made it big in the show, I think of Pat Falloon. He played for 3 seasons in Spokane in the early '90's and was drafted second to Eric Lindros in "91.

Should have been an excellent NHLer but ended up a -66 in 5 seasons. With the talent he showed in junior he could have done so much more.

witness
02-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Josh Holden from the Pats. A star in the dub, but didn't have what it takes to make it to the NHL. Another player that played here that I thought had a ton of talent was Radek Duda. I understand he is playing in Europe and doing quite well. But, he does have NHL type of talent.

rinkrat
02-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Len Barrie,Kamloops Blazers.He had 180 points one year!Bounced around the NHL as a 3rd or 4th liner.One mistake he made was signing with the Penguins as a centre man,They had Lemieiux and Jagr,not much ice left after those guys!

Tiger Trauma
02-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Kevin Riehl....I remember watching him when i was a youngster....i think he still holds MH record for most points??? I'm not sure......I cant remember if he ever played in the nhl or not

Tinner
02-25-2005, 01:11 PM
B.J. Young, Red Deer Rebels

1WHLFan
02-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Mark Deyell now plays for the Lloydminster Border Kings.

kelownakarl
02-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Robb Gordon - Kelowna

Kid left NCAA to come to Kelowna, played 1 game for the Canucks I believe. Havent heard of him since.

Sput
02-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Jarret Smith. The guy had all the talent, but no drive to play every night. Drafted origionaly by the Islanders, traded to the Ducks and played in Cinncinatti for a while. Havent seen or heard anything form him since.

Nodak
02-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Ty Jones. He had all the tools to make it. Size, skill, and toughness. Boy had no heart though. Truly a shame.