PDA

View Full Version : Giants 6 @ Portland 1 Dec 9

Swando
12-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I watched the game on a half decent feed from Web TV. It sure looked like Hay had read them the riot act. They game out flying and within 6 minutes the line of Repik, Bliznak and Lucic had 3 goals. Blum scored the 1st and nicest goal of the night as he broke in from his point and one timed a pass from Bliznak. Lucic then scored the 2nd and Bliznak the 3rd. Repik assisted on all 3) Portland's coach called a time out and settled his team down. THEN came the referree show!! No flow to the game as it was asteady trip to the box for both teams.
2nd period the Winterhawks outshot and carried the play to the Giants but a lot of the shots were from far out. Portland scored on a rebound as McCardle watched.. I don't think he was to happy with himself. He made up for it by scoring a 4th big goal . Kraus made a slick behind the back pass at the Portland blueline and McCardle went in on a breakaway. He shot from well out and Mucha stopped it only to leave the rebound sitting for Kenndal to tap in. Repik scord the 5th and his 4th point of the night and in the 3rd period Brent Regner scored his 1st WHL goal on a failed one timer that fluttered / knucleballed over Mucha's left shoulder. Not a great 1st goal but I'm sure he's happy!!!

Giants worked hard and were much improved in the effort department compared to the Tri Cities game. I thot Repik was the best player by far on the ice. Blum and Bliznak a close 2nd and Sexsmith and Lucic could fight for the 3rd start. I didn't see or hear who got the 3 stars but here are mine.

#1 Repik
# 2 Blum
# 3 Sexsmith with honorable mention to Bliznak

Section_Z
12-09-2006, 02:00 PM
3 stars were...

Repik
Sexsmith
Blum

All well deserved from what I heard on the AM dial.

Kassian
12-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Another thing I wanted to quickly point out. McArdle got hit from behind (while trying to knock a loose puck into the net) by Klinkhammer and unlike the past couple of games where the Giants wouldn't respond at all as far as sticking up for one another, Watt comes flying in and had his gloves off trying to get at Klinkhammer. The linesmen were right there so nothing really came of it and Watt did get the extra penalty but it was one of those good or "acceptable" penalties, IMO. Good for Watt, I'm glad to see him showing some of that passion that wasn't part of his game early on.

Swando
12-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Another thing I wanted to quickly point out. McArdle got hit from behind (while trying to knock a loose puck into the net) by Klinkhammer and unlike the past couple of games where the Giants wouldn't respond at all as far as sticking up for one another, Watt comes flying in and had his gloves off trying to get at Klinkhammer. The linesmen were right there so nothing really came of it and Watt did get the extra penalty but it was one of those good or "acceptable" penalties, IMO. Good for Watt, I'm glad to see him showing some of that passion that wasn't part of his game early on.

Kaasian : I kick myself for not mentioning that as it was a highlight of the game IMO.

dondo
12-10-2006, 01:45 AM
missed it, caught a bit on the radio -- sounded like a complete effort and after seeing tonight's tilt the Giants look back on track -- now they need to get more traffic to the top of the crease not in the low slot