PDA

View Full Version : Benke's first BCHL fight

Willis on the Welfare
12-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Karl Benke's debut with Nanaimo saw him drop the gloves for the first time.

He fought Greg Tyshynski of the Surrey Eagles.

Benke's team had a 7-2 lead at the time. People there said Benke went after Tyshynski

Here's Tyshynski's profile. Look at the size of this guy...a true heavyweight.

http://www.surreyeagles.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=645&leagueID=7065&teamID=92103&playerID=106093

Must be a lack of Euros in the BCHL.

Johnsy05
12-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Karl Benke's debut with Nanaimo saw him drop the gloves for the first time.

He fought Greg Tyshynski of the Surrey Eagles.

Benke's team had a 7-2 lead at the time. People there said Benke went after Tyshynski

Here's Tyshynski's profile. Look at the size of this guy...a true heavyweight.

http://www.surreyeagles.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=645&leagueID=7065&teamID=92103&playerID=106093

Must be a lack of Euros in the BCHL.

LOL too funny

hockeycoach
12-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Well thats not was I heard from my brother in law who lives in Surrey and he went to that game, and according to him Benke did not want to fight rather just get the man outta the scrum at his net. While doing so Greg took a swing at Benke and they went but it was not much of a fight for Karl held him out there and did not throw. Thats wat I was told the other night. Also though why is Benke in B.C thought dean sent him to ft.Sask???

Big Ern
12-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Is this gonna be another "Where was the REf and BeNKe" thread??!!?? Holy cow people, give it up already!! Benke's gone; leave him where the heck he is! We've won 4 out of the last five without him! Bye now!! HUSH, HUSH, eh? No more "BENKE". BYE NOW!

Willis on the Welfare
12-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Well thats not was I heard from my brother in law who lives in Surrey and he went to that game, and according to him Benke did not want to fight rather just get the man outta the scrum at his net. While doing so Greg took a swing at Benke and they went but it was not much of a fight for Karl held him out there and did not throw. Thats wat I was told the other night. Also though why is Benke in B.C thought dean sent him to ft.Sask???

Maybe you're right. I heard Benke went after him. Seems odd that a 5'9 guy who's never had more than 60 pims a season in his career would throw a shot at a 6'6 d-man but it could've happened. Like Bigern said, it's done now and he ain't coming back. WHL euros and forwards under 5'10 can breathe a little easier.

transplantedbronco
12-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Nicely put Bigern. I wish Benke all the best but lets get back to business. We just beat Brandon in OT, and all some people want to talk about is Karl Benke. I like the kid but, WE JUST BEAT THE WHEATIES FOR A THIRD TIME. They must have had a great trip home. Keep it up boys.

ointhecreek
12-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Yes, some people just can't let it go and want to stir up trouble and bash a guy after he's gone. Nice.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
12-11-2006, 05:44 AM
On the plus side, at least we know that he's getting ice time somewhere in the hockey world.

Willis on the Welfare
12-11-2006, 06:57 AM
Yes, some people just can't let it go and want to stir up trouble and bash a guy after he's gone. Nice.

Alright to get a few things straight.

I have no issue with Karl Benke as a human being. My goal is not to take shots at an 18 year old kid. Our coaches have some tough choices to make. There are some things they've done that fans maybe should question them on. Karl Benke is not one of them. As fans I think we often are under the impression we're smarter and more knowledgeable than Dean and Dave on the subject of the Bronco on ice product. We're not.

ointhecreek and Benke supporters, I can admit that perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about, but I don't think you do either.

My goal was not to offend, my goal was to defend.

In Dean and Dave we trust.

Willi$

Scout
12-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Now that Nanaimo has went against the hockey rules and lured Benke away from his assigned team in Fort Saskatchewan, what really can anyone do? Does this fall on Hockey Canada's shoulders or the CAHA? Does anyone really have juristiction over this issue and can make Nanaimo reverse bringing in Karl? I doubt it. So why have rules if no one can or will enforce them. Maybe we should go after Nanaimo's top line seeing they are a power in the BCHL.

Scout

ointhecreek
12-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Maybe you're right. I heard Benke went after him. Seems odd that a 5'9 guy who's never had more than 60 pims a season in his career would throw a shot at a 6'6 d-man but it could've happened. Like Bigern said, it's done now and he ain't coming back. WHL euros and forwards under 5'10 can breathe a little easier.
Is this what you call defending Dean? Remarks about how Benke only fights Euros and small guys? Funny way of doing it.
I have not attacked Dean on anything, just Questioned why they would send Benke down and then recall and suspend him to keep him from playing hockey if they didn't want him. Usually I agree with the majority of your posts, but lately you seem to go in the attack mode with people that disagree with your opinion. When I'm attacked I defend myself. I have not called for Deans head or resignation or firing. You don't have to defend him with me. You don't have to keep bashing Benke, let it rest, we all know your feelings on the issue. I was willing to let it all go but you keep bringing me into it.
Now I'm done.

observer9
12-11-2006, 02:48 PM
to see the Broncos winning four of their last five since reassigning Benke. Your insides must just be eating away at you and your frustration about to bubble over. It seems you're one of those fans that enjoys the bad times more than the good. You definetly are a "Fire the Coach" bandwagon leader. This recent success must be killing you. Go Broncos Go!

Big Ern
12-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Holy ****! Another word said about Benke, and the thread is already fourteen replies long! This guy must be popular!
When I open the home forum and see the Benke subject pop up, quite frankly, it's sent me to the toilet quite a few times lately. However, it keeps our forum popular, so do what you want.

ointhecreek
12-11-2006, 03:45 PM
to see the Broncos winning four of their last five since reassigning Benke. Your insides must just be eating away at you and your frustration about to bubble over. It seems you're one of those fans that enjoys the bad times more than the good. You definetly are a "Fire the Coach" bandwagon leader. This recent success must be killing you. Go Broncos Go!
I challenge you to find 1 post this season where I said to fire the coach. The way you are talking and the number of posts you have made, I believe I know who you are now.

ointhecreek
12-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Your one to talk about negative posters, better look at your own such as here http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=8607

Willis on the Welfare
12-11-2006, 06:13 PM
I made some comments towards Karl (5'10, euros) that were a little harsh. Sorry for getting heated on the issue.

As one of the primary agitators on the issue, I'm done. It's silly that THE TEAM is fighting for 1st place, winning 5 of their last 4 and we're hung up on Benke.

If anyone really wants to debate me on the issue, send me a message.

Willi$

Scout
12-11-2006, 08:19 PM
There is no way that any posters identity should be made public whether it is actually the poster or just a guess on who it might be. Thats by no way within the guidelines and serves no purpose on the posts. Whether it is a heated discussion or not, by no means are identities or guessing identitites to be posted on any forums on this board. Tolerance of this type is O.

Scout

ointhecreek
12-12-2006, 12:00 AM
There is no way that any posters identity should be made public whether it is actually the poster or just a guess on who it might be. Thats by no way within the guidelines and serves no purpose on the posts. Whether it is a heated discussion or not, by no means are identities or guessing identitites to be posted on any forums on this board. Tolerance of this type is O.

Scout
When I said I think I know who Observer9 was I never meant to imply that I was going to say on the board who I thought it was. I know who alot of the posters are here and have no intentions on revealing their names.

HAF
12-12-2006, 12:14 AM
This thread isn't even about Benke anymore. All it has turned into is a pissing match amongst a group of posters (The tight knit Bronco fanbase we have on our Site that I was bragging on a few months ago). Come on guys, you are all better than this and I have seen you prove it lots of times with some of the greatest most inquisitive threads in our sites 2 year history.
With the Broncos gaining ground going into the Christmas break I'm sure there are a hell of alot more constructive things to discuss aren't there?

Scout
12-12-2006, 06:40 AM
That post of mine on posting identities was in no way directed towards you. There was a post that was trying to imply who a certain poster was and was deleted immediatly by Flathead.

Scout

ointhecreek
12-12-2006, 02:21 PM
That post of mine on posting identities was in no way directed towards you. There was a post that was trying to imply who a certain poster was and was deleted immediatly by Flathead.

Scout
I realized that Scout, thanks. After I reread my post I could see where some people might take it the wrong way and wanted to make it clear. :thumb: