PDA

View Full Version : Do we Bring back the 2 ref system?

Teaps
02-22-2005, 09:37 PM
What do you think?

Scout
02-23-2005, 11:05 AM
I didn't care for it. It seemed to turn into a competiton between the two ref's calling the game. There were way more penalties called and alot were marginal. I like the one ref system and the linseman having the authority to call the real major infractions.

Scout

witness
02-23-2005, 11:12 AM
The WHL referee pool is shallow enough. We don't need to dive in deeper.

Jovorock
02-23-2005, 11:29 AM
I didn't care for it. It seemed to turn into a competiton between the two ref's calling the game. There were way more penalties called and alot were marginal. I like the one ref system and the linseman having the authority to call the real major infractions.

Scout
It did seem to be more calls and a competition between the two, and spending more money is probly another factor for some of the poorer teams.

Orv
02-23-2005, 11:33 AM
The WHL referee pool is shallow enough. We don't need to dive in deeper.

Agreed. With the two ref system you're just bringing in 26 refs who are not ready to step into the WHL.

ihlemic10
02-23-2005, 12:43 PM
I think we should have to 2 ref system for the playoffs. Last year there was too much at stake to have idiot Matsuoka (sp) missing calls.

Van
02-26-2005, 10:27 PM
There were way more penalties called and alot were marginal.

That was the point. It's part of the whole crackdown on obstruction...to call the little things that nobody really sees. The problem with the 2-referee system is that it frankly costs too much money for the league.

I think we should have to 2 ref system for the playoffs. Last year there was too much at stake to have idiot Matsuoka (sp) missing calls.

That "idiot" is going to the World Championship, and not for the first time either.

ihlemic10
02-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Well then he is a consistant idiot.