PDA

View Full Version : Whats it going to take to win one on the road?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-10-2006, 01:58 AM
I totally forgot about this game, but when i look on the schedule and saw the pats were playing on the road, I got a really bad feeling about it. I am not sure why. Maybe, just maybe, it is because we can NEVER, EVER win on the road when it REALLY counts!

Im not sure if it is some sort of curse or something, but we always seem to **** the bed on important road games. With the exception of game 5 in saskatoon last year, we have not won an important road game for at least 2 years, probably more.

After making these trades, changing game plans, hiring new coaches, and ANYTHING you can POSSIBLY think of, we still are a horrible road team. I can't remember the last time we excelled on the road when it could mean either pulling ahead of someone, just holding a position in the standings,or anything of any significance whatsoever.

Some might say "Oh, but mr. JERK, what about last years winning streak on the road at the end of the season?"

Ill gladly answer that question. You see, THOSE GAMES DIDNT MATTER! we were going to play the blades anyways, which was basically written in stone. It didnt give us much confidence on the road anyways, being that we opened up with 2 road losses in the series. That, however, is all over now.

Anyways, The lack of support on the road could be an issue(unlikely), or maybe the arena differences from the one in Regina. Im not sure, for all I know all the other arenas smell bad and its impossible to concentrate when your not use to it like the other teams( hehe just a joke). ;)

I really do not know what to do about this problem. If I could, I would go and support them on more road games. I have not gone to any, except one in moose jaw, where I think we won. It was very exciting actually, and I knew then how the MJ fans feel at our arena.

Does anyone know what the problem is with the pats on the road? Why do they play so different when its away or home games? I doubt the differences are so big that it affects the play this much. I remember we were basically controlling the whole game against the rebels here, and we shut them out, and then we go to their "territory" and get our asses handed to us on a silver platter. I also remember a certain Lethbridge team that we totally pummelled into the ground 11-3 at home, and then we lose to that same team on their home turf.

There are many other examples to use but you get the idea. If we are going to become a contending team, we NEED to come out to play when it comes to being on the road. No matter how well we were predicted to be this season, and no matter how good the future for this team looks(N.Ross, Rowat, Eberle, Teubert, etc), we desperately need to play our A game no matter where we are, or all this building up, and all these trades(final touches) will be for absolutely nothing.

patsfan33
12-10-2006, 02:48 AM
whats new...lol

I think goaltending was our main issue tonight, Tartaglione just wasn't on his game tonight and Rowat couldn't take the load because the kid's got a cold, those two goals he let in clearly showed he wasn't up to par and its understandable

Dmen went awol every now and then

couldn't even win a fight--Teuberts was a draw IMO, but he did take on a 19yr old so i'll give him props for that....and i'm sorry its gotta be said, RIECH KEEP UR BLOODY GLOVES ON!!

the only bright spot...Ofukaney potted two, i think we're gonna like this guy

maybe the boys just need time to gel...but i think we should get used to this sad road record for awhile

prospera
12-11-2006, 09:45 PM
I totally forgot about this game, but when i look on the schedule and saw the pats were playing on the road, I got a really bad feeling about it. I am not sure why. Maybe, just maybe, it is because we can NEVER, EVER win on the road when it REALLY counts!

Im not sure if it is some sort of curse or something, but we always seem to **** the bed on important road games. With the exception of game 5 in saskatoon last year, we have not won an important road game for at least 2 years, probably more.

After making these trades, changing game plans, hiring new coaches, and ANYTHING you can POSSIBLY think of, we still are a horrible road team. I can't remember the last time we excelled on the road when it could mean either pulling ahead of someone, just holding a position in the standings,or anything of any significance whatsoever.

Some might say "Oh, but mr. JERK, what about last years winning streak on the road at the end of the season?"

Ill gladly answer that question. You see, THOSE GAMES DIDNT MATTER! we were going to play the blades anyways, which was basically written in stone. It didnt give us much confidence on the road anyways, being that we opened up with 2 road losses in the series. That, however, is all over now.

Anyways, The lack of support on the road could be an issue(unlikely), or maybe the arena differences from the one in Regina. Im not sure, for all I know all the other arenas smell bad and its impossible to concentrate when your not use to it like the other teams( hehe just a joke). ;)

I really do not know what to do about this problem. If I could, I would go and support them on more road games. I have not gone to any, except one in moose jaw, where I think we won. It was very exciting actually, and I knew then how the MJ fans feel at our arena.

Does anyone know what the problem is with the pats on the road? Why do they play so different when its away or home games? I doubt the differences are so big that it affects the play this much. I remember we were basically controlling the whole game against the rebels here, and we shut them out, and then we go to their "territory" and get our asses handed to us on a silver platter. I also remember a certain Lethbridge team that we totally pummelled into the ground 11-3 at home, and then we lose to that same team on their home turf.

There are many other examples to use but you get the idea. If we are going to become a contending team, we NEED to come out to play when it comes to being on the road. No matter how well we were predicted to be this season, and no matter how good the future for this team looks(N.Ross, Rowat, Eberle, Teubert, etc), we desperately need to play our A game no matter where we are, or all this building up, and all these trades(final touches) will be for absolutely nothing.
does regina have any other boards they use? l'd like to follow our 3 rockets that were traded to you. thanks

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-11-2006, 10:10 PM
does regina have any other boards they use? l'd like to follow our 3 rockets that were traded to you. thanks

We use this board, and the white board(http://www.network54.com/Forum/40684/) for updates and information on the players. You might find some other stuff on them on the Hf boards, but this is probably the best place.

if there is any news about those players, this is probably the first place you would find it.