PDA

View Full Version : Slade

Crosby rules
12-10-2006, 10:29 AM
He has 17 teams that want him(Europe), however vancouver is trying to stop his
movement because they need him back. They put him on a 60 day suspension in
north america and europe, he would go back but they are being____ with
him and they would still split the ice time. So he might just sit out his 60
days or if any of these teams can have his rights by paying off the whl.

rinkrat
12-10-2006, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the update,that means the Giants still have him on the 50 PPL.You would think they could use an open spot on the 50 PPL to list a youngster thats not already drafted???
I think they should just cut him loose and move on.There's not alot to be gained by getting into grudges and pissing matches.

Swando
12-10-2006, 11:31 AM

I can't see the Giants taking him back.. the bridge was burned IMO

GF71
12-10-2006, 01:26 PM

We all know you are his cousin and all but c'mon.
100% NO CHANCE he will be back with the Giants. There is more that went on the has been made public. And not to offend you, but the 17 number is HIGHLY inflated.

Crosby rules
12-10-2006, 01:33 PM
How do u know giants fan? that the 17 number is high?

GF71
12-10-2006, 01:37 PM
How do u know giants fan? that the 17 number is high?

Several sources, most reliable being his ex-agent. I am sure he will find something somewhere. He does have a lot of talent, just a quick temper so to speak.

rinkrat
12-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Obviously Slade is not coming back,but what is the point of putting him on a 60 day suspension and taking up a spot on the PPL?
Is it sour grapes or are the Giants trying to trade his rights?
Whats going on behind the scenes?

scamperdog
12-11-2006, 06:47 PM
In the kamloops paper today, Drinnan the sports editor is saying that Slade has talked to Toigo and Hay about returning,

SectionNDeserter
12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
In my opinion, this would be a terrible move by the Giants. The guy thought he was calling the shots on the team, and walked out on them. They have been minus his services for the time he was gone, plus they would be minus his services for the 60 days that he is suspended for. In addition to that, the Giants were forced to burn a draft pick on a player that they would no longer need. The only thing that could possibly cause more bad feelings and dissention in Vancouver than what Slade has done, would be one of the players/coaches burning one of Brule's jerseys at center ice.

dondo
12-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Dustin has known to be a hot-head -- and I see his sudden departure as a reaction to not being played vs his old team (as it was after that game that he made the jump), plus the 50/50 situation, but the regina game being the proverbial straw.

From the sounds of it, the rules were made clear from the beginning of the season, and had Dustin looked ahead he'd have known he wasn't scheduled to play that game considering the one game on, one game off rotation.

It might be something which can be worked out, but the bridge if not burnt has probably been weaken by some charring so I don't know how it would work if he were to come back.

I still like Dustin and part of his vibe is that edge that he brings onto the ice.

Be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Section_Z
12-13-2006, 07:34 PM
I can see some desparate ECHL teams/AHL affiliates right now that could really use Slade as a Back up. All the owners must be hesitant to take him on with the surrounding politics...

bones
12-14-2006, 03:55 PM
From what Ive heard, Slade is going to take a step backwards. He is apparently very close to signing with the Spruce Kings in the BCHL for a good chunk of money.

Section_Z
12-14-2006, 05:02 PM
I hope that was a sarcastic post....

Unless, of course, "a good chunk of money" means room and board and free equipment...

GF71
12-14-2006, 05:07 PM
You'd be stunned to know how much teams in the BCHL will actually pay players...THe have to get the rights from Surrey first, which they haven been talking about for 2 weeks now.

Carebear
12-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Oh man, it would be GOLD to see him in the BCHL.

I will stand right behind his net..just laughing. :laugh:

bones
12-14-2006, 05:16 PM
I hope that was a sarcastic post....

Unless, of course, "a good chunk of money" means room and board and free equipment...

No, I mean like in the $20,000 range. Some BCHL teams pay big money to get or keep guys that arent going the US college route.

rinkrat
12-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I thought he was suspended by the Giants,affecting his ability to play in North America or Europe? Or was that just BS? :spineyes:

old_time_hockey
12-14-2006, 06:37 PM
He is suspended. Doesn't mean he can't talk to other teams. Just can't sign anything.

How many 60 day suspensions in a row can a team hand to someone before the league will step in and say release him or trade him?

ihlemic10
12-14-2006, 06:49 PM
It would be intresting if the suspension was on a Hockey Canada level so he could not play at all....and to get USA Hockey to enforce it too, would be even better.

chiefgongshow
12-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Slade should get in contact with the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL, no joke. Their backup goalie right now is a 39 yr old beer leaguer who just signed a tryout contract, because both goalies backing Labarbera up are now with the LA Kings.

transplantedbronco
12-16-2006, 12:19 AM
As far as eligibility and transfer rules teams in the BCHL could care less if he is suspended in the WHL. Here in Swift Current we had a player sent down origianally to the SJHL but Nanaimo Clippers offered him some money and he wanted to play there (this player is Karl Benke). For some reason our GM did not want him to go to the BCHL. So in order to try and stop it he recalled Benke and suspended him. He has now played 4 games for Nanimo. And nothing has stopped it so far.