PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be done?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-10-2006, 05:47 PM
We all know that the Blades are struggling and the 9 game loosing streak speaks volumes.

What will it take for the Blades to get back on the win column?

There are positives that have appeared from the last couple of games: the Blades are starting to shoot more and they are not getting blown out of games and they are keeping the games within reach.

I do not think we will see any trades,but that may change but not likely.

westbeach55
12-10-2006, 08:56 PM
fire moleken

Shortys
12-12-2006, 11:29 AM
fire moleken

That will solve nothing. I believe Molleken is doing a good job, except for a few trades that are kind of questionable, but overall I know this team will come together, hopefully sooner than later.

We need to start focusing on getting the puck to the net. Gillies and McCrae will get into their groove and start putting up numbers as soon as they start throwing the puck at the net more, from everywhere. I have noticed that most of our goals are pretty ones this season, from nice passes and so on, BUT they don't come very often!! We need to get infront of the net and shoot at it, period! Make the nice pass goals when you can but focus on getting the puck to the net first and see what kind of rebounds come our way!

howley
12-12-2006, 02:02 PM
It seems they just are not content with taking a risk with a lucky goal or a garbage goal by just throwing it at the net. I agree that they try way to hard to get the pretty play and end up losing it in the process. One thing I thought was encouraging last game against PA was Mccrae was behind the net and had no options so he tried to bank it in off Deckert. It didn't work but it's just nice to see...I don't know if you call it creativity or desperation or creative desperation but I just thought it was nice as earlier on in the season that wouldn't even have crossed anyones mind I don't think. Anyways, they just need to get the puck at the net. It will trickle out to the top of the crease once in awhile and you have 3-4 goals a game because of it. Look at Rick Nash's first season. Seems like all he did was stand in front of the net and hammer home garbage. You know who would of been good for that...Skrudland...oh well.