PDA

View Full Version : The DR....

Section_Z
12-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Since no one is on the Chiefs board..I thought I'd start this here.
Has anyone noticed the stellar year that Rutherford is having?
I remember someone joking about a Grabner for Rutherford trade...well guess which one is producing significantly more points this season?
Looks like DR really did need to be in the top two lines to break out....
Here's hoping that our 5th round pick is a hot one.
Spokane got the better end of that trade...that being said, there really was no spot for him in our line up this year.

old_time_hockey
12-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Good for David. He is somewhere that counts on his skill on a nightly basis. His development wouldn't have happend at the same pace here with less ice time. Although I love watching him fly over Hunt's hip in the pre-game video on the big screen :clap:

Same as Reese. He seems to be producing more once the change of teams happened. I think even his critics here knew he had the skills.

dondo
12-12-2006, 04:55 PM
exactly -- both after having troubles here and neither really showing up last year have found a home where they are contributing and getting better.

DR really impressed me this camp and I thought he worked hard and skated hard during the preseason. Reese found some magic with JD and put up a lot of points. They weren't really fits on the Giants (no room to play to their strengths) -- but that doesn't mean I hated them, or wished them ill.

I did last year (and before this season) because both were dogging it and I can't tolerate that kind of play from players at this level -- too many other hungry slightly less skilled guys out there who want it more.