PDA

View Full Version : Blazer News

scamperdog
12-12-2006, 07:39 PM
KAMLOOPS, BC – The Kamloops Blazers are proud to announce today the signing of 16-year-old forward and Kamloops Minor Hockey graduate Mark Hall to a WHL Player Contract and Education Agreement. Hall will join the Blazers tomorrow and will stay with the club for the remainder of the 2006-07 season.

“We’re very excited to have Mark join our hockey club,” says Blazer Head Coach and General Manager Dean Clark. “He had a very good training camp with us in August where he showed us his energy and his character. He will be a fine addition to our team.”

Hall played with current Blazers Tyler Shattock and Alex Rodgers on the Thompson Midget Blazers on 2005-06 where he scored 12 goals and 25 points in 34 games. He spent the first half of this season with the BCHL’s Vernon Vipers where he recorded 4 assists in 32 games.

WIEBE SIGNS WHL PLAYER CONTRACT AND EDUCATION AGREEMENT

KAMLOOPS, BC – The Kamloops Blazers are proud to announce today the signing of 16-year-old forward Shayne Wiebe (WEEB) of Brandon, MB to a WHL Player Contract and Education Agreement.

Wiebe, the Blazers’ 8th round selection (146th overall) in the 2005 WHL Bantam Draft is in his second season with the Brandon Midget AAA Wheat Kings. The 5’10”, 185-pound forward is third in team scoring this year with 17 goals and 35 points in 21 games.

Wiebe is a current teammate of defenseman Mark Schneider, who signed with the Blazers last month.

KAMLOOPS, BC – The Kamloops Blazers have accepted the resignation tendered by Mark Mullens as he steps down from his position as Director of Marketing for the Kamloops Blazers Hockey Club in order to pursue other career opportunities.

“Mark came to me some time ago expressing a desire to leave the team so he could explore some other professional options,” says Blazer General Manager Dean Clark. “We worked together so the timing of this move would work best in Mark’s interests, and in the interests of the hockey club. With the Christmas break upon us, this was the most appropriate time for both parties.

“I wish Mark nothing but the best as he moves on from our organization and would like to thank him for his efforts over the course of the past 18 months,” says Clark.

“I’ve really appreciated my time with the Blazers,” says Mullens. “I’d like to thank them for giving me the chance to work in one of the best junior hockey markets in the country and I hope their success in the first half of this season continues well into the future.”

KAMLOOPS, BC – The Kamloops Blazers are excited today to name alumnus Dave Chyzowski as the team’s new Marketing Director effective immediately.

Chyzowski recently concluded a lengthy professional hockey career after stints in the NHL, other North American pro leagues, and in Europe.

“It’s fortunate the way things have worked out,” says Chyzowski, who played 138 games with the Blazers from 1987 to 1990. “After starting the year playing in Austria, I realized the time was right for me to make a change. It just happened that the Blazers were facing some transition in their marketing department at the same time. I’m looking forward to a great challenge.”

Chyzowski played 9 games for EHC Linz in the Austrian League this season before coming back to Kamloops earlier in the fall.

“The team is also fortunate to have Dave available to join us in this capacity,” says Blazer GM Dean Clark. “Dave is an energetic guy who’s spent his life in hockey. We as an organization will give him all the support he needs to make a smooth transition from a career on the ice to one off the ice”

- 07 -