12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
So, Who's the new captain?

scrunt
12-12-2006, 09:26 PM
So, Who's the new captain?

I vote for Rory Fitzpatrick as a write-in. :p

hitsomebody
12-12-2006, 09:37 PM
*** is eric doyle doing on the poll? the zamboni drivers at the eec are more likely to get voted captain than he is.

dondo
12-12-2006, 09:53 PM
and the zamboni drivers at EEC are probably the worst I've seen in a long time -- during the preseason tourney they left half the frost still on the ice and flooded the rest of the rink ...

*smacks head*

question Meuller is an excellent player but how much of a leader is he? from an outsiders perspective I would say that Harty is one of the guys who seems to demonstrate that kind of leadership.

Tipped Off
12-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I voted for Harty. Mueller is a great talent and he is always the guy at the door slapping hands as the players leave the ice after the game. That being said, I want a gritty, aggresive player as my Captain. Harty talks with the refs, scraps a little and has a passion for the game. Not saying Mueller doesn't. You don't get where he has without it, but Harty just smacks of captain material to me.

As for Zamboni Drivers, that is one thing Seattle has on us. The self named "Zamboni Chick" that drives that sucker 25 miles an hour on the ice is awesome. She gets done faster on her one Zamboni than the Tips guys do with two!

hitsomebody
12-12-2006, 10:21 PM
agreed, the zamboni drivers suck, but they're gettin better, that was their preseason too y'know. as to mueller, he is less vocal than harty, but still very much a leader. e.g. he does the talking with the officials while thoring cools his butt in the penalty box (which was happening far too much lately, i guess i dont need to worry about that anymore). harty still gets my vote

Tipped Off
12-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I thought Thoring was ok, given his long status with the team. He certainly wasn't our best defender. Mental errors and silly penalties (which kind of go hand in hand) were his nemesis. I've been very vocal about my dissapointment in Calla for the last year and a half, so I have no issues with that aspect of the deal.

ihlemic10
12-13-2006, 11:08 AM
I agree with the Doyle question? Where did he come into this, just becuase he is a D-man? No, I am not knocking him, I yell "O'doyle rules!" during the games. Also ditto on the bad Zamboni. On the main Ice you have bad Zamboni drivers and on the community ice, its way too soft for hockey. You can't win at the EEC I suppose.

Tipped Off
12-13-2006, 11:18 AM
RE: Doyle - I had somehow mis counted how many spots I needed for the poll and didn't want to start over...lol. So I picked someone.

Redwic
12-13-2006, 11:42 AM
... He wore an "A" in Kamloops, and has been a part of the team long enough.

On the other hand, if it just said "None Of The Above", there wouldn't be this discussion. Oh, well. It's not the end of the world, either way.

Highlander_Yank
12-13-2006, 01:29 PM
According to the Herald, it'll be about a month before a new captain is chosen.

My take ... it'll rotate in the short run (until after WJC is done). Long-term, my vote's for Harty. :thumb:

Tipped Off
01-06-2007, 10:44 PM
I think I see a trend here.

Jan. 6
C- Fransoo
A- Hamill
A- Harty

Jan 5:
C- Fransoo
A- Hamill
A- Harty

Jan. 3:
C- Fransoo
A- Hamill
A- Harty

Highlander_Yank
01-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I think I see a trend here.

Jan. 6
C- Fransoo
A- Hamill
A- Harty

And the same last night.

I'd like to see Harty end up with the "C," but it's looking that won't be until next season, maybe.