PDA

View Full Version : Quotes which sum-up the trade...

Redwic
12-13-2006, 07:55 AM
These guys all see the "big picture"...

"It was a little surprising," Everett center Peter Mueller said of the trade. "It's not the best thing to wake up and find out two of your friends are gone. It's tough, but we're on a mission to win the Memorial Cup and we trust the organization to make the right decisions."

"Unfortunately, we had to give up guys who have been with our organization a long time," Everett general manager Doug Soetaert said. "But we felt we needed to get bigger and stronger. The further you go in the playoffs, the tougher the teams get."

"We were looking to get a little bigger and stronger at the back end," Soetaert added. "We feel this young man (Jesse Zetariuk) will fill that role."

"Certainly there was an opinion that Vancouver was bigger and stronger than us in the playoffs last year, and Zetariuk is a big, strong kid," Everett coach Kevin Constantine said. "He adds a physical element to our D that isn't necessarily missing, but he will add more of a physical presence, as well as add a really good offensive player to our core."

"In no way would I diminish those two's (Thoring & Calla) character level and importance to our locker room," Constantine said. "But I have a tremendous amount of faith in the character of the guys who remain."

"It's a little bit of a switch going from Moose Jaw to Everett," Zetariuk added. "We were struggling in Moose Jaw and Everett's been phenomenal. I'm real excited to come in and help bring the team a Memorial Cup."