PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Down Lethbridge 4-3 In Shootout!!!!

transplantedbronco
12-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Wow what a game that was. The boys really came out flyin' tonight. Weise was on a mission. Nice to him back hitting anything that moved or got in his way. These guys are showing some real character. To come back and not only tie but win in a shootout after being down 3-1 was beautiful. If this were ealier they would have givin up but not anymore. Imagine what we will be when we put 60 min. of effort. If we can do that come playoffs we will be the surprise from the East. Well done tonight guys keep this up.

Big Ern
12-14-2006, 01:12 AM
Wow what a game that was. The boys really came out flyin' tonight. Weise was on a mission. Nice to him back hitting anything that moved or got in his way. These guys are showing some real character.

You've pretty much summed it up there, tranplantedbronco! Truly, the character shown is unbelievable! With one minute to go, you'd think they would just call it a game, but lately, this team is RELENTLESS!!! Not one game, but two games in a row, with no time left!!! Never mind that, they play their butts off, and win in OT! Tonight it was Levi who did it for us in the shootout...GOOD JOB BUDDY!!! What a move to end the darn thing! WOW! Let's not forget David Stieler, who tied the game, which was why we even got a chance and won the game. But, most of all, I would credit the coaching staff for the last litte stretch, and the "eight seconds to go" tying goals in the third. What those guys say in there to get a team going that completely lost it ten minutes in, is unthinkable. Those guys came out on that PP in the third, and you could see that they were fired up, and willing to take on the challenge of turning things around....and they sure did....O GOD, DID THEY EVER!!! What you will often hear opposing coaches say in the radio shows, (and I'm not kissing butt here) is that teams coached by Dean Chynoweth are relentless in their efforts. Even down by a score like 9-0, they will still come out and work their butts off to the last second. Well, our team is putting an exclamation mark on that lately! They were also stacked against us in the shootout, guys like HOGG, FADDEN, BOYCHUCK, WOW! But our guys didn't even flinch. They were (I'm going to use that word again) RELENTLESS. As for the other games in the East tonight, Brandon lost in P.A. 3-1. That means with P.A. in third place, they did not gain anything on us. We're still five points ahead of them.....BUT! With Brandon losing in regulation, we are now burning up their hind ends, only TWO POINTS separate us! To the Broncos I say: " Thanks a lot guys! You really made the fans proud tonight!" To the fans I say, tell your friends that if every season, each person in Swift Current went to JUST SIX GAMES, the rink would be sold out every night. This is a true fact! The reason I say this, is because the attendance has been an embarrassment and disgrace! This is one of the most exciting teams in the league right now, and getting better every game....and there is no reason....ABSELOUTELY NO REASON!!!!!...why we can't have at least 2000 fans per game!!!

bronco rep
12-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Bigern i don't know about you but i have alot of guys i hang out with that love there hockey but could give a **** about the broncos. Like i have said before we better come up with some good market ideas in a hurry before it is to late. How about bringing in the Rockglen rocker from Canadian idol. Comeon Swifty what more do you want out of this team? Dean has these boys playing some exciting hockey. Even are 50/50 is a joke. People from other teams must just laugh when there here our 50/50 is $300.00 & growing. To many cheap people to spend a couple bucks at the rink. Whow.

Flathead
12-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Bigern i don't know about you but i have alot of guys i hang out with that love there hockey but could give a **** about the broncos. Like i have said before we better come up with some good market ideas in a hurry before it is to late. How about bringing in the Rockglen rocker from Canadian idol. Comeon Swifty what more do you want out of this team? Dean has these boys playing some exciting hockey. Even are 50/50 is a joke. People from other teams must just laugh when there here our 50/50 is $300.00 & growing. To many cheap people to spend a couple bucks at the rink. Whow.
$16.00 a ticket, has some people staying at home, and you want them to buy a 50/50? There's cheap people that scrape up enough money to get to a game, and can't afford a 50/50. Swift is full of cheap people, and everybody knows it, it's fact, the challenging things for the pr and marketing team is to find ways to get these money conscious people to the rink. I don't know these guys personally but, I believe they are trying. Let's toss some ideas around. Brining the Rockglen Rocker into a game may be a good idea. What happened to the Cheap ticket promotion that you used to get buy picking up a coupon at Safeways? I personally think it has to be something with getting people to the game for a cheaper price. Just my opinoin, but the crowds are getting smaller, mabye it has to do with Christmas so close?

ointhecreek
12-14-2006, 02:05 PM
What happened to the Cheap ticket promotion that you used to get buy picking up a coupon at Safeways? I personally think it has to be something with getting people to the game for a cheaper price. Just my opinoin, but the crowds are getting smaller, mabye it has to do with Christmas so close?
The problem is, is Safeway willing to do this again?

bronco rep
12-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I am sure they do the Safeway ticket in Regina. Most teams have a seventh man , Yes we only have six. Must be disapointing for the players to play in front of our crowds. Hay there is alot more people with more money then i got, But bottom line is the word CHEAP........Final answer.

Chuckles
12-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I know that our crowds are getting smaller or atleast it seems that way. Normally this time our team is on our road trip out west or to the states. We dont' have many games. Last night was a night were i expected a lot of people to be at christmas concerts and functions on that verity. I'd imagine that will have a bigger crowd come friday. Hopefully a rockin one. I thought it was funny that rink last night got rockin late. Heck it was great to see. Inspring i'm sure. Even if it only 400 peps. Lol.. I"m sure there was more but i laugh at everyone who leaves Early... HA to all of them. What a great finish.

Scout
12-14-2006, 06:18 PM
The Bronco's are dropping tickets this game to $12.00 a walk up ticket. I guess we will see if there is any improvement in the crowd. Also i was told they were looking into getting the Rockglen Rocker in to sing the anthem sometime down the road but no sure what came of it.

Scout

Flathead
12-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Let everyone know that the tickets have been dropped to $12 for Friday's game and tell them to tell everyone they know. Let's pack the place!!!!