PDA

View Full Version : Seto not coming back?

bones
12-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Rumour has it that after Seto is done with World Juniors he isnt coming back to the Cougars, instead he will stay home and request a trade.

tiger fan 4 life
12-14-2006, 04:09 PM
to find out cause he is done with the world juniors......

Beaner
12-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Rumour has it that after Seto is done with World Juniors he isnt coming back to the Cougars, instead he will stay home and request a trade.

I hate to say it but this would not surprise me in the least.

Cougar Guy
12-14-2006, 07:02 PM
I hate to say it but this would not surprise me in the least.

I second that, espescially after he got cut. I could see him maybe coming back if he had a good tourney, the Coogs were turning it around when he came back, etc., but now I think he's just going to pout a little bit and want to play out with a "contender". Certainly we aren't that spot based on what we've seen thusfar.

Cougar Guy
12-14-2006, 08:02 PM
There was an interview with him on the news at 5:00 today and it was from the Cougar practice today so obviously he made it back :)

Ti-girl
12-14-2006, 09:39 PM
It's his fault he got cut. I made it to all the practices and he floated in them. He floated during the games.

Hard work beats talent unless talent works hard. And trust me, he wasn't working hard.

Sput
12-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Rumors like this frustrate me. Anyone can start a rumor, but it would be nice to have something to back it up. Bones...I don't want to know your 'source' nor am I doubting you or your source, and maybe you are right, that Seto wants a trade. I'd hope with all thats gone on here so far that someone would have the pride to stick it out and play here, even if they did ask to be traded. Going home and sitting on the couch doesn't help your trade value, I'd think more of a player that asked for a trade, kept playing anyway while they waited and showcased their talent on the ice.

In all likelyhood seto may have asked to be traded, likely to a 'contender'. Seems the easy road to take for players these days. If things aren't going well with the team, ask for a trade and get out rather than try to work towards making the team better. Could be the coaching, but I've heard otherwise from players that Shoenek has coached in the past. Could be managment, but there is jack we can do there right now either. Unless the League wants to step in, and stomp on some "Old Boys Club" toes, we know its not going to change. Deal with it boys. It really doesn't get better. If you think life sucks now...wait until you have a job. Then you see how bad life can suck....better get used to it now. :burningma

loudi94
12-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Rumors like this frustrate me. Anyone can start a rumor, but it would be nice to have something to back it up. Bones...I don't want to know your 'source' nor am I doubting you or your source, and maybe you are right, that Seto wants a trade. I'd hope with all thats gone on here so far that someone would have the pride to stick it out and play here, even if they did ask to be traded. Going home and sitting on the couch doesn't help your trade value, I'd think more of a player that asked for a trade, kept playing anyway while they waited and showcased their talent on the ice.

In all likelyhood seto may have asked to be traded, likely to a 'contender'. Seems the easy road to take for players these days. If things aren't going well with the team, ask for a trade and get out rather than try to work towards making the team better. Could be the coaching, but I've heard otherwise from players that Shoenek has coached in the past. Could be managment, but there is jack we can do there right now either. Unless the League wants to step in, and stomp on some "Old Boys Club" toes, we know its not going to change. Deal with it boys. It really doesn't get better. If you think life sucks now...wait until you have a job. Then you see how bad life can suck....better get used to it now. :burningma

I agree he probably would like to be traded, but he won't leave the team. His family would kill him (not literally), then send him right back up to PG to play.

MooseJaw_Kyle
12-16-2006, 10:05 PM
I know its just a rumour but.
When players hold out and demand a trade I lose all respect for that player. I don't care if you are Devin Setoguchi or Dale Hunt .You should be happy to be doing what you are doing. Not many people get a chance to play at the level some of these kids get to play at.Espescially a player like Setoguchi he was drafted 5th overall and has a chance at the NHL. Like said before hard work beats talent and no work. yeah its great to have talent but i would rather have a player on my team that works hard and never quits. instead of a player who has tons of talent and plain and simple doesn't give a s*** because he is on a losing team.

bones
12-17-2006, 01:34 AM
I personally hope that Seto doesnt bail on the team, I think right now if anything he is probably more frustrated with his linemates. Brett Robertson in particular hasnt been very good, he had a great start to the year and has pretty much dropped off the face of the earth lately. I would like to see Dallas move Robertson and maybe that will change the attitude and leadership in the dressing room a bit and hopefully give Seto a new linemate that he can work with. I also would like to see Dudas moved for a dman thats in shape and isnt a bandaid.

loudi94
01-10-2007, 10:07 PM
I understand he's in San Jose right now getting his knee checked out again. This year's been a nightmare for him. Hopefully he starts working hard and gets back to playing to his capabilities.