PDA

View Full Version : Who has been the WHL's most impressive North American-born rookie this season

Sabes
12-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Same as whl.ca but now you can only vote once. I also added a few other choices.

Tiger Trauma
12-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like someone has been stuffing the ballot box over at whl.ca?

Theres a trick you can do to vote multiple times, its not really that hard. But it seems like there may be a couple people exploiting it.

The one poll where it said who do you think is the best defenseman, ben wright was a big leader, then the next day i noticed the whl website discredited a 1000-2000 votes or so.

In one poll where they said who is the best offensive defensman in whl history, cam plante won with 23,818 votes or 71%. (scott neidermeiyer only recieved 3727 votes or 11%)

Checking the last 5 votes there has been no-where near that many votes total, except for the goaltender poll. Cam plante put up some good numbers, but i would expect a future hall of famer in neidermyer to have gotten more votes. Anybody else recognize this?

I mean its not really a big deal, its just a poll. But I'd like to see an accurate one, not where one person has voted a thousand times

Bran
12-17-2006, 02:35 AM
I'm gonna say Beach with honourable mentions to Eberle and Swystun. I think you've got the two top rookies in Beach and Eberle...it will be interesting to see how that pans out in the future, though.

chiefgongshow
12-17-2006, 05:24 AM
I went with Wahl just by being more impressed with what hes doing on a not so offensive Spokane team playing a 3rd line role. Whats most impressive about his play is the poise he shows, especially being the QB on the 1st PP unit. I personally feel if he were getting 1st line minutes his point total would be close to if not higher than Beach, especially if he had that talent surrounding him.

Some things I took into consideration were who the standout rookies are able to play with game in and game out. With Beach you got Mueller and Hamill on the PP where 15 of his 18 goals have came from. I havent seen Eberle, but just based on numbers Id guess a big part of his point total has to do with Kyle Ross. I may be wrong with that assumption, seeing as I havent seen him play.

Bran
12-17-2006, 11:05 AM
I went with Wahl just by being more impressed with what hes doing on a not so offensive Spokane team playing a 3rd line role. Whats most impressive about his play is the poise he shows, especially being the QB on the 1st PP unit. I personally feel if he were getting 1st line minutes his point total would be close to if not higher than Beach, especially if he had that talent surrounding him.

Some things I took into consideration were who the standout rookies are able to play with game in and game out. With Beach you got Mueller and Hamill on the PP where 15 of his 18 goals have came from. I havent seen Eberle, but just based on numbers Id guess a big part of his point total has to do with Kyle Ross. I may be wrong with that assumption, seeing as I havent seen him play.
I based my choice on what I've seen, not numbers alone. I'd say Beach (though I've only seen him play one game, so who knows) and Eberle are pretty even. Sure, some of it has to do with the guys they're playing with. Eberle actually plays most of his time with Festerling, and lately, Ofukany. Eberle and Festerling work really really well together, and Ofukany seems to fit right in with those two. You may be right about who they're playing with having an impact on their numbers, which is why it will be interesting to see how they progress.

patsdude114
12-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Its so hard to compare Eberle and Beach tho......they kinda both play different styles.....Beach is a bigger kid who isnt afraid to go into the corners and fight/battle for the puck, where Eberle is a smaller kid who is very slick with the puck and sees the ice very well, but once u get him in the corners he shys away at times cuz of his size.

Beach and Eberle both get 1st/2nd minutes both play a big part on there teams PP. Its hard for me to really judge Beach tho since he only gets to Regina once every 2 yrs, the game he was here this season he really did impress me, him and muller.

The rookie of the year is going to come down too these two 16yr olds, as long as they both stay healthy for the rest of the season (meaning no long term injuries) and so far judging from the teams they play on (records mainly) Id kinda give the egde to Eberle plays on not as strong of a team and pts compared to the 2 r very close only 2 pts separting the two players

peatfan
12-17-2006, 04:13 PM
But i ended up taling Santorelli of Chilliwack. Just saw him once, live and he really impressed me. Both Beach and Eberle could've won and both will be better NHL players but for this year I will vote for the Bruin.

nhl Boogaard'd pbj nhl Boogaard'd pbj nhl Boogaard'd pbj