PDA

View Full Version : Bailey traded to Lethbridge

Beaner
12-15-2006, 04:04 PM
from, www.winterhawks.com

Winter Hawks Bolster Blue Line Future with Trade print E-mail
Dean Vrooman - December 15, 2006

The Portland Winter Hawks traded 20-year-old forward Kyle Bailey to the Lethbridge Hurricanes today for 16-year-old defenseman Bo Montgomery and a 7th round choice in the 2007 Bantam Draft.

“We are looking ahead to the future and trying to add to our group of high quality young players,” said General Manager Ken Hodge. “We’ve been impressed with the progress of some of our young players in the first half and this helps us address some of our depth concerns on defense. We are committed to putting the best team possible on the ice in the future and hoping that Bo will be part of that mix.”

Montgomery, from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, was Lethbridge’s 2nd round choice, 35th overall, in the 2005 WHL Bantam Draft. He is currently playing midget hockey in Moose Jaw where he has 4 goals and 10 assists for 14 points with 37 penalty minutes in 25 games. Last season, as a 15-year-old, the 6’3, 202-pound defenseman dressed for 3 regular season games for Lethbridge.

“One consideration when trades are made now is that there is going to be an expansion draft this summer for the new Edmonton Oil Kings franchise,” said Hodge. “We have to try to fit the pieces together so we don’t end up trading for young players that we can’t protect in the expansion draft. This deal was one we felt we had to make.”

Bailey played 237 career games for the Hawks, starting as a late-season call-up as a 16-year-old in 2002-03. He scored 43 goals, had 87 assists for 130 points with 405 penalty minutes.

“We appreciate Kyle’s efforts for the Winter Hawks over the past few years. He certainly was a fan favorite,” Hodge said.

Well, looks to me like the hawks are writing off this year with this move.

Bailey I think could have been a good fit in the Giants over age spot that we have available. I wonder if the Giants made a play for him?

MooseJaw_Kyle
12-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Bo Montogomery. i friend of mines son. he has tons of potential.hard shot.not to bad of a skater.don't expect a ton from him but he is a decent player.