PDA

View Full Version : Canes acquire Kyle Bailey

Sabes
12-15-2006, 04:09 PM
The Portland Winter Hawks traded 20-year-old forward Kyle Bailey to the Lethbridge Hurricanes today for 16-year-old defenseman Bo Montgomery and a 7th round choice in the 2007 Bantam Draft.

http://www.winterhawks.com/

grainbear
12-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Very happy with this trade, Montgomery was not near what was expected when he showed up at training camp this spring. I hope for Portlands that he comes around last fall was not ready to play at the Whl level , even the comments from Moose Jaw about his performance at the aaa level camp were not positive. Wish him all the best , but am happy with the added strength for this years playoff run. With Versteeg, Mccolm and Frederickson in the background Kerr, Panchysen , Wright and Bobbee back for sure and maybe King if he does go to the American Hockey League next year. We look good on the backend . I am not counting on Kudelka because I see him on Ottawa's farm team next year. Even if we lost one of these players to Edmonton in the expansion draft we are still okay . Time to motor to the game

shushu
12-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Very happy with this trade, Montgomery was not near what was expected when he showed up at training camp this spring. I hope for Portlands that he comes around last fall was not ready to play at the Whl level , even the comments from Moose Jaw about his performance at the aaa level camp were not positive. Wish him all the best , but am happy with the added strength for this years playoff run. With Versteeg, Mccolm and Frederickson in the background Kerr, Panchysen , Wright and Bobbee back for sure and maybe King if he does go to the American Hockey League next year. We look good on the backend . I am not counting on Kudelka because I see him on Ottawa's farm team next year. Even if we lost one of these players to Edmonton in the expansion draft we are still okay . Time to motor to the game
he didnt seem to shine in pre season games, and to bring in a tough rugged forward like bailey for him is agreat trade in my books. with this trade plus getting wright back and our 2 euros gives us a good chance for a run at a playoff spot in a brutal div. ps you said only2 home games in feb. for the canes could that tournament of heart have something to do with that? just wondering GO CANES GO.................. :thumb:

canes77
12-15-2006, 11:55 PM
he didnt seem to shine in pre season games, and to bring in a tough rugged forward like bailey for him is agreat trade in my books. with this trade plus getting wright back and our 2 euros gives us a good chance for a run at a playoff spot in a brutal div. ps you said only2 home games in feb. for the canes could that tournament of heart have something to do with that? just wondering GO CANES GO.................. :thumb:

That is exactly why we have all those road games in Feb...The curling will take up two weekends, plus the setup and take down time before and after...We better do our best at home because I have a feeling that road trip could hurt us...but I agree..GO CANES GO :D