PDA

View Full Version : Tips 2 Giants 1 SO Final

old_time_hockey
12-16-2006, 01:51 AM
The refs...the refs...the refs. What was that :burningma

Three 5 on 3's for the Tips. Give me a break!!!! I surprised that they gave Kraus the penalty shot and not call him for diving :spineyes:

But if there is a positive to pull out of this game was it was the Giants PK. Just shut them down for all but 1 goal. And if it takes the Tips three 2 man advantages to score without Mueller in the lineup, I think every team in the Dub now knows how to shut them down.

But now I need to push the thoughts of me in a dark alley with Kirk out of my head post a nice pic....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/old_time_hockey/IMG_0125.jpg

I actually got video of how it got hung up there. Tomorrow I will try and get it up on Youtube.

Tips didn't earn that win and that is the short of it.

One of my players of the game. Evander Kane. Got limited ice time but threw a couple of hits on bigger guys, fought for the puck in the corner. Had a nice scoring chance. The future...provided he puts on a little muscle ;) , is looking good. Other one is Festerling. Tonight showed why he is captain. Huge minutes for him tonight. And you could see him out there directing traffic all night.

Beaner
12-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Well the game we had all been waiting for finally arrived I think it did live up to the hype. I for one could definatley feel the buzz in the crowd as the 2 teams got ready to go at it.

All in all it was a very good game and both teams put all they had onto the ice, but an extremely biased officiating crew tonight tried their best to hand the Tips a victory. I have seen a lot of hockey in my days but I have never seen anything quite like this.

NOTES
Sexsmith and Reekie got the starts
Franson, McArdle, Repik, Bliznak were the Giants scratches away the WJC
Irving and Mueller(Suspension) were scratched for the Tips.
Shots 27-21 Giants
PP's Tips 1/13 Giants 0/7

GOALS
2. VAN Kraus, (11) , 9:45 (PEN/SH) Killing the 5-3, a miscue at the Giants blueline leads to beach hauling down kraus just as he is about to go in all alone. PS is called and Kraus makes no mistake coming right in on Reekie beating him high glove side. Cue the Bears
3. EVT Harty, (3) (Potuer, Alic), 12:29 (PP) 5-4 PP, Off a faceoff win, the puck comes around to Harty at the point and he clangs it off the post past Sexsmith.

SHOOT-OUT
32 Brennan Sonne Goal - Freezes Sexsmith then goes 5-hole
49 Moises Gutierrez No Goal - Pad save.
9 Zach Hamill No Goal - Right to the body save.
23 Carter Smith Goal - Freezes Sexsmith with a fake and then roofs it

12 Tim Kraus Goal - Goes wide then cuts in High glove side
27 Milan Lucic No Goal - Losses control of the puck no shot
11 J.D. Watt No Goal - Glove save
13 Kyle Lamb No Goal - Makes the save on the 5-hole attempt?

FISTICUFFS
Sonne vs Hunt
Right off the opening draw these 2 drop the gloves. Sonne stands at Center ice in some fighter pose waiting for Hunt to come in as Hunt circles. Hunt jumps in and gets the upper edge and lands most of the punches as I dont think Sonne landed a punch. WIN:HUNT

OFFICIATING
MacIssac and Kirk tonight. What can be said about their job tonight? Criminal? Overly biased? It was a disgrace, thats all that can be said about it. giants hauled down, no call, Tip falls Giant in box. It was a terrible and biased job tonight by the stripes.

OVERALL
Well what can we say about the game tonight. The Giants short 4 of their regulars played a great game and their PK was incredible. When a team gets 7 more PP's then you do, and you still manage to out-shoot them it says something for just how hard your team was working.

I have to say it was an unbelieveable effort from the boys tonight, they just got jobbed by an officiating crew that had put on green goggles before the game. It was a special teams battle tonight I would have to say the Giants won that battle.

Everett looked pretty good as well, they are very fast and more physical then last year, but you could really tell they missed Mueller especially on PP.

Beach did a great job of getting under all the Giants skin tonight, he drew a few penalties just by Giants taking a run at him. He did however at the end of the game look like he was favoring one of his legs.

3 STARS
1. VAN - 21 Brett Festerling
2. EVT - 30 David Reekie
3. VAN - 4 Brendan Mikkelson

Festerling was AMAZING tonight, definatley the first star, he was unreal ont he PK especially the 5-3's against.

scrunt
12-16-2006, 02:15 AM
It's a real shame when two such evenly matched teams play such a hard fought game and the lingering image I have is how completely &%^#$ing brutal the refereeing was. Two pints of post-game India Pale Ale at Yaletown Brewing and I'm still pissed off.

Even the 'Tips fans sitting next to us were saying, "Man, you guys are getting totally screwed by the refs."

That should have been the most entertaining game of the season (well, actually is probably still was) but what a poor display by the zebras (this from a guy who normally sticks up for refs in the dressing room after a beer-league game).

Okay, rant over. I thought it was a great game, and I wish I could be in Everett tomorrrow for the rematch. That will be some tilt.

And my hat is off to the Everett fans, who were out in force. The ones around us were fun and good sports, and I only heard one cow bell all night.

Remember, kids, the only good thunderstick is one shoved up a cowbell!

:wave:

rinkrat
12-16-2006, 02:28 AM
You guys forgot to mentioned Hamill's attempt at hotdogging gone wrong.
What a clown.Last week its the shoot out goal from between his legs,tonight he tries the behind the net/scoop up the puck and wrap it around into the net while cradling it(lacrosse style). :spineyes:
Trouble is he didn't come close and looked like a circus act.
Then there was Beach,he is really gonna get a beating from Lucic one of these games.Pity the fool LOL

BTW,nice pic OTH ! I saw that bear. :thumb:

old_time_hockey
12-16-2006, 02:34 AM
BTW,nice pic OTH ! I saw that bear. :thumb:

Wait till you see the vid. I didn't notice it till I watched it on the laptop when I got home. Gave me a good :D when I got home and stopped me from wanting to stalk Kirk.

Kassian
12-16-2006, 02:54 AM
Excuse my language but the officiating was just pure bull****. No other way to put it. It's nice to see some Everett fans even admitting that.

The game was a decent game and there was certainly a buzz in the crowd. But what could have been a great game just turned out to be a good game due to the terrible officiating. There were so many bad calls I don't even know where to start.

Nice to see Hunt drop Sonne though right off the bat. Picked up where Hunt left off last year in the playoffs. :D

As far as Beach goes, he got what he deserved. In fact he deserved more than that but I think we all know nothing more was going to happen. Beach is mostly bark and very little bite. And when he did bite last season in the playoffs Lucic shut him up pretty quickly.

What bothered me the most about that incident was how Beach was taunting Lucic prior to that incident. Doing a "hunchback" type motion to Lucic and beaking off at him. Then off the face off Beach gives Lucic a headbutt and nothing is called. So at that point I don't blame Lucic for cross checking him (even though it was called a "high sticking" for whatever reason). If Beach wasn't wearing the full cage maybe Lucic would've just instigated a fight and pounded on him again. I hope that time does come in the very near future.

rinkrat
12-16-2006, 03:14 AM
What bothered me the most about that incident was how Beach was taunting Lucic prior to that incident. Doing a "hunchback" type motion to Lucic and beaking off at him. Then off the face off Beach gives Lucic a headbutt and nothing is called. So at that point I don't blame Lucic for cross checking him (even though it was called a "high sticking" for whatever reason). If Beach wasn't wearing the full cage maybe Lucic would've just instigated a fight and pounded on him again. I hope that time does come in the very near future.

I saw it too,right in front of us.
This would not happen "back in the day".Fortunately for Beach and unfortunately for us fans, players of his ilk get away with their chicken**** antics,its encouraged by Coach C as well.
They cheat the line change rules constantly,dive at any opportunity,whine to the refs ad nauseum.
Sorry,but its a mockery of the game and it sucks.

dondo
12-16-2006, 03:37 AM
I really hate it when these kinds of players hide behind their bubble (this time literally) and think they are safe -- I really would have loved to see someone rip his bubble off and break his nose another way. This guy is a piece of work. I saw the cross-check from Lucic, but did not see the headbutt (thank gawd otherwise the security boys might have been pulling me off the glass)

reffing -- bruuutaal -- criminal -- you guys have said it all and I go into a bit of detail in my recap. Surprisingly it was good hockey game despite all the other crap.

my take on things -- don't poke the bear -

Giants Get Tipped
Vancouver 1 Everett 2 SOL -- shootout loss and also ... :D

It was the Giants teddy bear toss night, but it felt more like April Fools as mindless and downright biased officiating took centre stage tonight in a battle against two evenly matched and hard-working teams. Neither goalie were liabilities for either team and both played very solid games between the pipes. The real problem was the officiating. I was really hoping that tonight I could lay off the refs, but I can comfortably say that they were the reason for the loss and pretty much the worst tandem I have seen all season. Sounds like a bit of hyperbole I know but sadly it is true.

The Giants were assessed 13 penalties to the Silvertips 7. Both teams played the same style of hockey, both tripped and clutched and hit but in the officials eyes the Giants were doing it all about 50% more and that is simply ridiculous. The ‘Tips played their usual pick game where they constantly interfere after a face-off or when players are driving to the net, they applied more can opener moves than a tuna festival, and had their fair share of high sticks and pull-downs. This is not to say the G-Men were angels at all, but it is to say that the refs chose to call what they chose to call and it was lopsided to the extreme, unnecessarily and blatantly biased to the point that I wondering how much MacIssac and Kirk were paid prior to the puck drop.

For the third time in four games the game started with a fight. Garet Hunt and Brennan Sonne faced off and sized each other up after doffing their lids and shedding their gloves. Garet got the first and last punches in during the short battle and Sonne barely got a lick in before going down after receiving a few overhands and couple of uppercuts from the feisty fireplug wearing the Giants black jersey. 3 seconds in and the crowd of over 10,000 applauded in appreciation, if not a bit of bafflement in the process. The crowd themselves seemed louder and bit hungrier than usual and that was not simply because of the sheer number of fans in attendance, but more of a vibe of anticipation which rippled through the crowd. The teams skated to a scoreless tie after one with the Giants controlling most of the play and limiting the visitors to 4 shots, while getting 9 of their own on the Silvertip net. David Reekie was solid during the first as he thwarted a few nice opportunities from players like JD Watt and Milan Lucic who were both driving the net early on to only come away empty handed. The parade to the penalty box was even in the first as the refs seemed to be calling mostly what they saw although some of it was very minor, especially considering what they let go, but it would only get worse.

The insanity continued early in the second when the ‘Tips were given a 5 on 3 advantage off of one call that should have been a dive and another that was simply incidental contact which resulted in a player going down and a trip assessed. The Giants killed the penalty(s) and moved on. The Giants opened the scoring while killing yet another penalty and Timmy Kraus was brought down in the neutral zone by two ‘Tips players from behind and awarded a penalty shot. Kraus skated toward Reekie at speed and made a move before snapping the puck high on the Everett ‘tender. The Giants faithful launched a volley of plush toys onto the ice and a couple of the cuddly bears got hung up in the net which rings the backside of the arena on both ends. At my end we started yelling ‘don’t poke the bear’ as they tried to dislodge the stuffed passenger from the netting. Eventually they stopped poking the bear and let it be ( a wise decision) – at the other end of the arena a bright white plushy friend was stuck near the top of the end nose first into the netting – I’m happy to say he remained for the rest of the game as well, as they refrained form poking that bear. Anyway back to the game. The ‘Tips had a bit of foray late in the period where they pressed the Giants net and with milliseconds left had a goal waived off for running the goaltender. I have never seen the red and the green light go on at the same time (as I thought they cancelled each other out), but I did tonight. The goal was instantly waived off by the officials.

The teams began the third period much as they had played the rest of the game with a close checking style and keeping the other guy to the outside. Mid-third though the Giants were assessed four virtually consecutive penalties while exactly the same kind of play and infractions were being committed on the other side of the puck with no calls. The home squad weathered most of them but were finally beaten on the Silvertips 12th PP of the game. Jonathan Harty powered one through from the point with tons of traffic at the top of the crease. Tyson Sexsmith never even saw the shot.

In OT the Giants were picked and hauled down without any calls and the only penalty assessed was when it was too late to do anything about with 0.3 seconds left as Reekie lashed out at Watt who was playing the jackass skating repeatedly through Reekie’s crease instead of challenging the puck carrier standing behind the net and trying to get a goal. The player who sat in the box was also the first up in the shootout, and curiously enough Garet’s dance partner at the beginning of the game. Brennan Sonne scored the first shootout goal, which was matched by Tim Kraus. Guiterrez and Hamill both missed for the ‘Tips, and Lucic and Watt missed for the home squad. Newly acquired RW Carter Smith slipped one past Sexsmith and Kyle Lamb ripped one past Reekie only to ring it off the crossbar and out, giving the victory to the Everett squad.

The game was a good one and one could see how games between these two teams could be barnburners when it comes down to crunch time. The Giants out-played the ‘Tips for the majority of the game and their PK was stellar cutting off the lanes and keeping the much vaunted Everett PP to the outside. The G-Men were also very good at clearing the puck in front of their net after the first stop and not allowing any rebound shots from close in. The Giants killed off 12 of 13 penalties, but went 0 for 6 on their opportunities. The shots were 27-22 in favour of the home team as nether team was allowed many second shots on the doorstep which can pad the shot stats on a given night. Despite the horrific officiating it was a decent game, with good chances both ways and those is attendance were entertained. On a side note I did not hear one cowbell from the amassed Everett faithful who turned out in droves wearing their road white and green, until Reekie was announced second star on the night. Thank you Silvertippers, thank you. By the by, the Tips fans sitting next to me even commented at how poor the officiating was in case you readers seem to think I am simply a homer filled with sour grapes – believe me if the Giants had won this game in the shootout the resulting recap would be virtually the same, except that I would be talking about how we dodged a bullet rather than got burned.

The two teams face off tomorrow ( Saturday) night in Everett where they continue their two-game home at home series. I expect the Giants will be a hungry team and frankly pissed off at how this night unfolded. The puck drops at 7:05 at the Everett Events Centre and should be a good one.

Three Stars
1 – Brett Festerling
2 – David Reekie
3 – Brendan Mikkelson

Kassian
12-16-2006, 03:47 AM
I saw it too,right in front of us.
This would not happen "back in the day".Fortunately for Beach and unfortunately for us fans, players of his ilk get away with their chicken**** antics,its encouraged by Coach C as well.
They cheat the line change rules constantly,dive at any opportunity,whine to the refs ad nauseum.
Sorry,but its a mockery of the game and it sucks.

I completely agree. I am old school all the way and I don't like this kind of crap at all. It's been like that in the NHL for way too long now and it's sad to see it trickle down all the way to junior hockey. Either way I really hope tomorrow night's game is a blowout in the Giants favor and then see how tough Everett wants to act. I would pay double or triple the price of attendance to see Lucic get his hands on Beach.

Carebear
12-16-2006, 04:59 AM
IMO goalies who cheap shot a player after the whistle and get an unsportsmanlike penalty, should not be given a star.

The reffing blew, my blind grandfather could've done a better job.

Anyone see how Blum got hurt? i just saw his blood on the glass and him getting med treatment.

My teddy didnt make it over the glass!! and i was in the 2nd row! i suck at throwing!

monke
12-16-2006, 01:02 PM
That was one of the most brutally reffed games ever. I've never seen a player get tripped up, hauled down, and thrown to the ice and then get a 10 minute misconduct.

Beach was another story. Right when Everett came out for warm up, he grabs a puck, stick handles it for a minute, then shoots it right at the Giants pyramid puck setup.

Then the Bailey attack on the Giants (forget who). He checks them into the boards, then the fall over and he jumps on them and starts throwing punches. The ref was standing there the whole time and there was no call.

Reekie didn't deserve that star at all. Sure he played great, but he went after any opposing skater that came near him. Then when he exploded on Watt that was uncalled for.

Everett never deserved a point. Sure they played hard and got to cheap shot the Giants with out receiving a penalty, but they refs were the main part of the game. In the post game show I couldn't believe Hay was saying they took too many penalties and they needed to tone it down for the next game. Let's hope there are some half decent down in Everett tonight.

C.F
12-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Nice to see Hunt drop Sonne though right off the bat. Picked up where Hunt left off last year in the playoffs. :D
Two Ridge Meadows boys going at it, I saw it coming from a mile away. Made me proud. :)

Even today I have a bitter taste in my mouth. The most anticipated game in the CHL so far this year, and it gets spoiled by the guys in stripes. Unacceptable.

Knuckles Muldoon
12-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Some points:
1. Unlike the rest of you guys, the reffing didn't bother me too much. Bottom line: the Giants deserved just about everything they got and did a lot of real dumb things. Hunt tackles a guy on the backcheck and gets called. Watt crosschecks a guy in the face who's coming to hit him. I've also noticed that James Wright is taking a lot of penalties these days, and it might be getting a bit problematic. They did some dumb things, and to Hayzer's credit, he didn't duck that. Good on him; the boys have got to be more disciplined. Okay, the 'roughing' call on Toigo for shoving Beach after Beach bumped him during a stoppage didn't sit well with me, because stuff like that has no effect on the game, so why call it?
2. Beach will get his. At some point there will be no hiding from Lucic when the shield comes off, and Milan will be more than willing to thump that big-mouth one more time. It wouldn't bother me if he punched Beach in the face, shield and all. I can't imagine the jarring effect of getting punched in the face while having a sore nose wouldn't feel none to good. When you run your mouth like he does, you're not off-limits to being put in your place.
3. Hamill. I would have killed him for that crap. He's a one-man circus with his highlight crap, but I don't think he's going to make much an NHL-er, though. He's a sissy out there. And a wimp. I'd love to see someone just nail him for all he's worth. I have no respect for him as a player whatsoever.
4. Otherwise, it was a great, intense, playoff-like game by two excellent teams.
5. Festerling is a stud! That was the best game I've ever seen a Giants defenceman play. He broke up so much stuff down low, especially on the PK, it was mind-boggling.
6. Can't wait until these teams meet up in January with full rosters. Just thinking about it is enough to make one's mouth water.
7. When is Sonne going to realize that he's become Hunt's punching bag? It's not something that looks good on the ol' resume.
8. Kill 'em tonight, boys.

dondo
12-16-2006, 03:29 PM
knuckles it wasn't for what they called although even the Everett posters are saying that we got screwed its what they DIDN'T call on the other side which burns me the most. Especially the blatant right in front of the ref's face stuff that was not called and the ones they caught out of the corner of their eye the arm goes up.

and I agree with you tonight -- kill----them ---

and Hayzer is not allowed to complain about the reffing, so he took the diplomatic way out - which in my mind frankly sucks -- if the officiating is awful then they should be able to say so. I would like to see the league review this game and assess fines and suspensions, for it was travesty.

Knuckles Muldoon
12-16-2006, 03:45 PM
knuckles it wasn't for what they called although even the Everett posters are saying that we got screwed its what they DIDN'T call on the other side which burns me the most. Especially the blatant right in front of the ref's face stuff that was not called and the ones they caught out of the corner of their eye the arm goes up.

and I agree with you tonight -- kill----them ---

and Hayzer is not allowed to complain about the reffing, so he took the diplomatic way out - which in my mind frankly sucks -- if the officiating is awful then they should be able to say so. I would like to see the league review this game and assess fines and suspensions, for it was travesty.
Dondo, again, I'm going to disagree. There were too many penalties called for a game of this importance. I want to see less calls, not more. I just want to see stuff called that affects the game, forget the marginal stuff. But of course we both know that refs aren't allowed to 'manage' a game anymore and are mandated to call it by the book. Which is too bad because it somewhat ruins what should be a great game. The Giants were essentially penalized more often because they were the grittier, more physical of the two teams. It's just a matter of refining their actions a little more, while still maintaining their intensity. I know they can do it, we've seen it before. They just have to be able to draw the line.

Knuckles Muldoon
12-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Follow the link for a lovely picture of Beach that I am sure you will all enjoy.
Have at'r!! punk rock

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1234317373055042750NSUNYx

Yup, I saw that. A pretty inflammatory piece of work.
There's $5 in it for any Giants fan that posts it over on the Tips board. :D
I'm too nice to do it myself. ;)

ihlemic10
12-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Yup, I saw that. A pretty inflammatory piece of work.
There's $5 in it for any Giants fan that posts it over on the Tips board. :D
I'm too nice to do it myself. ;)

That is not Kyle beach, the title is Kyle's beach party. Anywhoo about the game. I won't go as far as to admit a screwjob with the refs but definetly was not a fair game by them. Kirk is so inconsistant and Mac-i-idiot was just getting exercise. The game had its flow broken up by the penalties. There were some nice hits thrown by both team during the game. I did find it humorous Beach pulled the chin guard out of his shield, he must realize the same thing I do, its hard to talk with it in...

The giants fans in front and next to me were quite nice. The guys behind us were another story, but I could careless, not my rink. Overall an exciting game for a Tips fan I guess, should be better flow tonight with Mueller in the line up.

dondo
12-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Dondo, again, I'm going to disagree. There were too many penalties called for a game of this importance. I want to see less calls, not more. I just want to see stuff called that affects the game, forget the marginal stuff. But of course we both know that refs aren't allowed to 'manage' a game anymore and are mandated to call it by the book. Which is too bad because it somewhat ruins what should be a great game. The Giants were essentially penalized more often because they were the grittier, more physical of the two teams. It's just a matter of refining their actions a little more, while still maintaining their intensity. I know they can do it, we've seen it before. They just have to be able to draw the line.

I actually agree with you knuckles (as I am old school - let the players police themselves), but I feel that more than half the calls on the night (on both sides) were soft -- so if they called the real penalties and not the imgained ones then it would have been about even -- both teams would have had about 7 PPs each and the game would have had balance.

The thing is that if they are going to call the game one-way then they have to call it the other way as well. The officiating was rank amateur and inconsistent to point where neither team knew was was going to be called and what was going to be allowed and that is not how to call a game.

Fans should never walk away from a game shaking their heads saying good game but what was up with the officials? And that has happened too many times this season without real necessity.

I prefer them to let the teams play for sure, but when you are calling ticky-tack crap one-way you better call the same thing the other way. Ideally they call a predictably balanced game and let the players know fro the get-go how they are going to call the game. This is the problem I have with two equally ranked officials -- there is no lead ref and no-one to make the final decision (and veto dumb calls) and no one to didtate the flow of the game.

Its happening in the NHL and now its trickling down to the Junior levels and frankly its ruining the game. I think these officials need to pull out their rule books and have a study session prior to going on the ice, because its painfully clear to me that they don't know half of the nuances of the game or the rules they are supposed to call.

N.W. Bruin
12-16-2006, 04:57 PM
First the Sonne/Hunt fight (Totally saw that coming though I thought it would be off the opening face-off between Lucic and Sonne) When the teams were warming up Sonne and Lucic while skating on opposite sides of centre ice were jawing with each other. When they announced Sonne in the opening starting line-up on the ice when the clubs were off in the dressing rooms I knew there was going to be a fight. I had mentioned that to a couple people around me but when Lucic wasn't out on the opening face-off one of them said well there wasn't going to be a fight. After the game what pissed me off was Sonne was choosen as the first shooter and he scored in the shootout.

Hamill performance - Talented as he is he was showboating and spent a fair bit of time in the box.

Beach - Normal for him but still have to like his attitude and commitment. Sort of a J.D. Watt/Steve Downie agitator. But with more talent than Watt. He does have to bring it down a bit. But he is only sixteen and a major contributor. (As for his jawing see Lucic comment above). Beach though takes it to extreme. But would love him to have been choosen by the Giants. Though he could be only a three year WHLer if that.

Irving and Mueller not present - Irving WHO? haha nothing disgraceful about Reekie's performance and with Irving there that wouldn't have changed anything. Though their goaltending depth is excellent. They could afford to lose Irving to injury while Giants cannot say the same with Sexsmith. Mueller though would have killed the Giants with all those penalties.

Offset to Mueller not being there - Franson, Repik, Bliznak and McArdle not being there. Quantity and pretty good quality not there for the Giants. Though not one of them could match up with Mueller (though Franson and Repik are the closest) the combined quantity could offset him if they all are on their game.

Everett road game - They looked like they could be beat and have been on occassion on the road only trouble is their home record is almost perfect except for the shootout loss. And they are going after first overall to gain that advantage.

Refs - I have nothing more to add about those two that have already not been said (likely a little too one-sided). A few of the calls left something to be desired though a bunch of the Giant penalties called on them were deserved.

dj-kris
12-16-2006, 09:37 PM
The refs...the refs...the refs. What was that :burningma

Three 5 on 3's for the Tips. Give me a break!!!! I surprised that they gave Kraus the penalty shot and not call him for diving :spineyes:

But if there is a positive to pull out of this game was it was the Giants PK. Just shut them down for all but 1 goal. And if it takes the Tips three 2 man advantages to score without Mueller in the lineup, I think every team in the Dub now knows how to shut them down.

But now I need to push the thoughts of me in a dark alley with Kirk out of my head post a nice pic....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/old_time_hockey/IMG_0125.jpg

I actually got video of how it got hung up there. Tomorrow I will try and get it up on Youtube.

Tips didn't earn that win and that is the short of it.

One of my players of the game. Evander Kane. Got limited ice time but threw a couple of hits on bigger guys, fought for the puck in the corner. Had a nice scoring chance. The future...provided he puts on a little muscle ;) , is looking good. Other one is Festerling. Tonight showed why he is captain. Huge minutes for him tonight. And you could see him out there directing traffic all night.
why is the jersey blue?

Gmen_07_Cup
12-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Kirk is a horrible ref he called everything on the giants but nothing on the tips he is probably the worst WHL ref ever tell me your thoughts!