PDA

View Full Version : Meaning behind your User ID

mccabe23
02-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Looking at all the different User Id's on this board, I'm curious to know how some of them originated.

I'll start with mine.......

Years ago, when I was living in Vancouver, Bryan McCabe was playing for the Canucks. He quickly became a favorite player of mine and he wore number 23 back in those days. Hence.......McCabe23. I've used this ID for about 7-8 years now. Pretty boring but I'm sure there are some intersting stories out there. Let's hear em'!

IceMan
02-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Mine's easy and obvious:

http://www.highlandershockey.com

Tiger Trauma
02-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Hmmm...I dont know ...i thought it sounded kind of cool :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Flathead
02-23-2005, 12:13 PM
I was originally flatlander, because i'm from the prairies and proud of it. I posted something one time and some other poster didn't agree, and being a smart ass, he told me i should change my name to flathead, so i did!
flathead, now just reminds me of an old flathead 8, and i'm into old vehicles so that's what i go with now. Cheers! :thumb:

ihlemic10
02-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Mine is just a corruption of my name, nothing more, nothing less. Also there is no way to pronounce it.

Teaps
02-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Years ago i grew very fond of one of the cats. We ended up having to sell him because he could not be house trained. His name was Tipi, my nickname for him was "The Teapster", take out the "the" and the "ter" and you get "Teaps"

Shinyshoes
02-23-2005, 02:19 PM
When I was in Junior High, I was one of the first people to have Doc Martens Shoes. I had bought a pair of Bright Green Shoes, and Kept them very clean. My Gym Teacher started calling me Shinyshoes, and since some of the kids I went to school with Played on my hockey team, It carried over to hockey, and eventually stuck.

Been using it ever since

wango tango
02-23-2005, 02:52 PM
my nic comes from a lyric in a song by ted nugent.

OHLArenaGuide
02-23-2005, 02:54 PM
I run the OHL Arena & Travel Guide, at http://www.ohlarenaguide.com.

HAF
02-23-2005, 03:29 PM
I live in Hermiston Oregon and I'm A Tri City Americans fan... Pretty self explanatory

a7x
02-23-2005, 04:31 PM
a7x is short for avenged sevenfold which is one of my favorite bands.

Willis on the Welfare
02-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Willis on the Welfare only exists on your computer screen and in the back of the mind of a twenty something workaholic. He is an alter ego of a shy person who's life is confined by rules, regulations and stuffy managment types who discourage thinking outside the box. The person who types Willis' messages is a financially stable person who has no need for welfare, but envies people who are not confined to jobs and responsibilities. Willis is the escape, the medication to keep one man sane.

Number_4
02-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Mine is pretty easy too... Number 4, Bobby Orr. He's always been my favorite player, even as a kid. Didn't matter that he played on a different team than 'my' team... still loved the guy. My dad used to buy old tapes of him playing... I'd sit there for hours watching them.

Chipper
02-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Ive been a salesman for a potato chip Company for 26 years and a lot of customers call me Chipper, some others call me the Munchie Man but I will save that name for another day.

The_Vulk
02-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Mine was the name of the Hitman's Mascot, until the Calgary Flames decided it was too scary for the little kids. :burningma

So they brought in a fox to go with the Flames Harvey the Hound.

I think The Vulk, should team up with the Hound, and go on a fox hunt!

< HA Ha ha >

upper level fan
02-23-2005, 05:35 PM
mine I believe is rather simple. When I started posting on Hockey message boards I couldnt think of anything catchy so I figured why not upper level fan because I sit in the upper level at all the chiefs home games.

fightstrap50
02-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Well mine is pretty easy to understand. I've always loved the jerseys that players got to wear! now that im older and still love the game, I collect jerseys ect, and mostly what i collect is authentic jerseys with the :burningma "fightstraps" :burningma as for the 50 well its sounds good together lol, :thumb:

ScottyWazz
02-23-2005, 06:16 PM
It was given to me by my hockey coach way back when and now I use it at my radio persona.

ointhecreek
02-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Mine is rather simple, my name starts with an "o" and I live in Speedy CreeK thus o in the creek. Use to live in the Hat and was o in the hat. Sounded cool at the time. :D

grumphy
02-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Given to me years ago, by one of my defencemen after I made 70 saves in a losing cause, :mad: and he had black & blue marks on his calves from screening me, :laugh: sort of caught on & stuck

Spungy
02-23-2005, 10:01 PM
from my drinking days... used to do a great imitation of a spunge, or so my friends used to tease me

it is now just my online personality :D everywhere i go i am spungy online

kelownakarl
02-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Well I'm from Kelowna and my name might be karl..... Or it could be an internet alias.... thats for you to one day find out ;)

CHtoo
02-23-2005, 10:55 PM
CHToo

Well in the old days when I posted on the "white" board someone else had already used "Charley Horse". I'm rather lazy so I shortened it to CH. When I moved to this board I found two characters were not allowed soooo here i'm known as CH too .

My avatar is Bilbo for the uninitiated and that's a nick some clown at work (yuch that word) gave me.

Jew Panda
02-24-2005, 01:30 AM
A long, long time ago, I was sitting in eighth grade art class. The teacher assigned us a free period, which means we can basically draw/paint whatever we felt like doing at the time. I began a sketch, it started off drawing stems of a plant. Well, seconds turned to minutes, and my final product was a panda. My friends laughed and someone pointed out that the panda appeared to be wearing a yarmulka. I named the portrait "Jew Panda" and I haven't been able to lose the name since.

Matt

Knuckle Chucker
02-24-2005, 08:51 AM
I love to watch a good fast skilled hockey game but I REALLY like to watch a great scrap

aknarab
02-26-2005, 12:45 AM
the name of the player who i respect the most, spelt backwards. :D

RunTheGoalie
02-26-2005, 01:27 AM
Mine is derived from an inside joke beteen a buddy of mine in Tampa and myself, and cemented during last year's Flames-Canucks series, when this was all both teams did.

90-91
02-26-2005, 01:04 PM
90-91..........The first year I bought season tickets & also the year the Chiefs won the Memorial Cup :groovy:

bcdfan
02-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Season ticket holder in both Kamloops and Kelowna. So I guess that makes me a BC division fan :) ......bcdfan

AlbertaBeef
02-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, with the whole mad cow issue - I'm from Alberta and I support the beef inudstry - one day I was arguing with a VERY ignorant British Columbian about the effects it's had on the country, especially the prairies and I got pretty angry - he started calling me beef from that day on - even got it printed on a jersey for me - not very flattering for a woman!

C.F
02-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Should this not be in the off-topic section?

Anyway, my username for hockey forums used to be Canuck.Fever, but since everyone would call me cf, whola!

J23
02-26-2005, 05:59 PM
My user ID came from Jennifer (my name - some of my friends just call me 'J') and 23 came from a buddy of mine who plays in the dub. He was with me when I first signed up here, and he MADE ME use his number! :rolleyes:

amisk
02-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Mine is a Cree native word..meaning Beaver. I grew up with the Cree in Manitoba,near Flin Flon and lived by a beautiful lake called Beaver Lake or as the map says "Amisk Lake"

smackitsakic
02-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Joe Sakic, Swift Current Bronco. He usually comes back to town in the summers and one year i was out honing my golf skills on the driving ranges and i didn't even noticed at first but Sakic was the guy teeing up balls behind me. He was crushing the balls with his driver (hockey might not even be his best sport) and i guess the name smackitsakic just came to me. I want something original that flows - I think i got it :clap:

Sput
02-28-2005, 01:26 PM
well, it happened at work ( there's that word again) and I got completely soaked by a 'run away' fire hose. When all was said and done the guys all said I "came up sputtering', so I ended up with sputter for a long time, but now got shortend to Sput.

LOYALTY
02-28-2005, 02:13 PM
I chose my name because in the last 4 years (when I became a Bronco fan) I have only missed 2 home games and less than a handful of away games on the radio.....thinking that is pretty loyal...... :bounce:

Jimmy
02-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I lack creativity.

Fight Guy
02-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Might as well tell my rediculous story. Well...not that rediculous at all, but...

A few years ago, I wanted to join a car forum that is welcome to absolutley everyone, and has seperate forums for different cars from different countries. Well, my plan was to go on there and bad mouth all the cars that weren't Japanese(because im a fan Japanese cars), and I was just going to try and piss everyone off. Yes. Very imature indeed. So, I made my name 'theimportguy'. So, I started doing what I had planned on doing...but then I started to like the site and ended up shortly after changing my ways and became and active member. I have around 5000 posts there now.

So, on every other board, I kept the theme using 'guy'. So when I started joining hockey forums, I decided to use 'Fight Guy', because I'm a fan of the rough stuff. And thats pretty much how my name came to be.

Nielson11
03-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Mine is pretty boring...

Nielson is the last name.

Fav player is Saku Koivu ... #11

hence

Nielson 11

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Well I am a fan of the Saskatoon Blades(that covers the first part GoBladesGo) and I the second part is a slogan that the Blades have and I am a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs,their team color is blue,that is the second part of my username BLEED BLUE) just add the two together and you get: GBG BLEED BLUE.

When I started to join other hockey Message Boards I wanted to use the same username,but I also wanted it to have somthing to do with hockey or whatever the main topic was on the message board.my username on hockey Message boards would have some part of the BLEED BLUE theme, Saskatoon Blades or the Toronto Maple Leafs. That is the meaning behind my username.

2,5,andagame
12-12-2005, 10:28 PM
I was BSing with Swift Currents number 1 hockey fan, I said something he didn't like and he said "Hey Big Guy you got 2,5,and a game" Everyone from swift will know who I mean. I came home that night couldn't think of a user name but remembered I had "2,5,andagame"

Kristi
12-12-2005, 11:23 PM
my mother named me this! so blame her!

LifelongChiefsFan
12-13-2005, 12:24 AM
lol, you had to go back pretty far to dig this thread out of the abyss.

Honestly though, I really hope you guys can figure out my name w/o any explanation...

nivek_wahs
12-13-2005, 05:07 AM
When I first signed up for whlfans I couldnt think of any useful/interesting nicknames so I just used my name spelled backwards.

Kevin

Chipper
12-13-2005, 09:29 AM
I know that I filled this in last year but it seems that about 29 posts have disapeared. I am a salesman for the largest potato chip snack food company in the world and have carried the name Chipper for about 27 years. It has nothing to do with Kyle Chipchura.

WHEATMAN
12-13-2005, 09:46 AM
i kinda lack creativity too. I just chose wheatman and added the 95-96 cause that was one hell of a team we had that year, probably one of the best the wheat kings have ever had

TheBrass
12-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Double meaning behind my nick. Brass can refer to anyone in a management or authority position, and I also own part of a brass foundry. Oh man I'm a nerd. I knew I should have gone with HotGiantsFan :groovy:

langdak
12-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Double meaning behind my nick. Brass can refer to anyone in a management or authority position, and I also own part of a brass foundry. Oh man I'm a nerd. I knew I should have gone with HotGiantsFan :groovy:

own? :skeptical

GF71
12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
I was born in 71. Plus I like the Giants. Pretty creative eh?

I do cheer for other teams, but those are a secret. :karate:

GF71
12-13-2005, 12:38 PM
own? :skeptical

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh the big boss lady! haha

TheBrass
12-13-2005, 01:10 PM
OK boys, enough fun at my expense. Just because I am a minority shareholder doesn't mean I don't get to pretend sometimes. :burningma

langdak
12-13-2005, 01:16 PM
OK boys, enough fun at my expense. Just because I am a minority shareholder doesn't mean I don't get to pretend sometimes. :burningma

boy?

I am all man.......LADY!!!!! :laugh:

Offsider
12-13-2005, 02:26 PM
For years I fought the WHL Gods to change the offside rule to tag up . Instead of waiting for the puck to clear .This year I got my wish !!!!!!!!!!! I think most fans would agree it has made the game better.

Nature Boy
12-13-2005, 03:12 PM
My id is not a very complicated one. It came from some friends of mine. They said that I looked like Ric Flair (the WWE Wrestler). So they started calling me the Nature Boy

Stay-Puft
12-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Anybody seen "Ghostbusters"? The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. While working as an apprentice, a journeyman made fun of my weight gain (185lbs to 220lbs) over a period of 2 years, plus I'm not overlly tall (5'10"). Boss learned of it, as well as the rest of the crew, and the name stuck for the last 7 years. I don't mind making fun of myself. Can't change facts, unless you're a lawyer. FYI - I'm still here, while he was let go. :cool:

SectionNDeserter
12-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I used to sit in the legendary section N at the Red Deer Centrium. Then one year, I deserted them and got seats near people that I knew outside the hockey games. My last season in section N was very exciting, I almost had to break up a fight between one of the guys behind me, and Rod Leroux of the Edmonton Ice, and they made the mascot swear at them a few times(he doesn't normally talk).

IamBatman
12-13-2005, 06:26 PM
I am Batman! Want to go for a ride in my Batmobile?

Ha ha, I too had nothing better to name myself......

3rebels
12-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Ever since I started out playing Hockey, then Broombal, Baseball, Fastball and Slow pitch, I have always had #3, 13, 23 and #3 was always the fave. Joined the site last year after an absolutely fabulous WHL career by a friend of ours, Dion Phaneuf. Had to to be #3 Rebels !! Cheesy huh!! :D

Oh-Vee
12-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Quite simply a nick name given to me by friends along time ago when I lived in California. (The first two letters of my last name are O & V) No one calls me that any more but I use it for all of my message boards and poker sites.

RDRebelsfan
12-14-2005, 08:06 PM
pretty obvious here