PDA

View Full Version : There should be a limit...

Trav
12-16-2006, 12:29 PM
According to the Star Phoenix, Blades and Flames season ticket holders get first crack of the Flames vs Panthers game next September. While I dont have a problem with that, there should be a limit of how many each can get. According to the Star Phoenix, most are getting 20-30 tickets each.

By the time the 19th comes around, most of the good seats will be gone and im not buying whoever it was that said that every seat is a good seat lol. I've been in lousy seats at CUC, who wants to sit right in front of the glass and only get to see half of the play or way on top where u wont even be able to see the players numbers? Okay maybe some die hard hockey fan would.

I'll still go to the game, hopefully if there's good seats left but i just think everyone should have a shot at getting a good ticket and that season ticket holders shouldnt be able to rack up the seats for their friends and family like that. Have a limit of say 10 or something.

maple leaf
12-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Season ticket holder's should have first crack at the ticket's. I run a business in town and bye 4 pair of season ticket's a year for the past ten year's. Each year it cost me between 1000 and 1500 dollar's to do so. So yes they should have first dib's. I say ten ticket's per season ticket holder.

ProStaff
12-16-2006, 06:25 PM
If people want to wine about it!, start supporting the blades!! its that simple, people can wine all they want, we as season ticket holders and business sponsers are what keeps the Blades in Saskatoon, with-out our support there would be no blades hockey. So I hope that every season ticket holder buys a ton of them!! maybe the bandwagon fans will wake and start buying season tickets!

Monster
12-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Season ticket holder's should have first crack at the ticket's. I run a business in town and bye 4 pair of season ticket's a year for the past ten year's. Each year it cost me between 1000 and 1500 dollar's to do so. So yes they should have first dib's. I say ten ticket's per season ticket holder.

Unrelated question but would you buy tickets if you couldn't write a portion of them off??? Just interested

Trav
12-16-2006, 08:17 PM
I just think its retarded that season ticket holders can go and buy as many as they want for their friends when its they're not the ones forking out the dough for season tickets each year.

I dont have a problem with u guys getting first crack, thats how it should be but if you're able to buy a bunch of tickets for ur friends then thats retarded. Your friends should be on the same playing field as the rest of the public.

dodywood4ever
12-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Not everybody who wants to go to this game lives in Saskatoon. There are a couple other cities in Saskatchewan in case ya'll forgot.

maple leaf
12-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Unrelated question but would you buy tickets if you couldn't write a portion of them off??? Just interested

I'v been a season ticket holder for the past 20 year's. Plus I can write the whole thing off, not just a portion.

maple leaf
12-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Not everybody who wants to go to this game lives in Saskatoon. There are a couple other cities in Saskatchewan in case ya'll forgot.

This is a Saskatoon Blade,Calgary Flame promotion with the proceed's going to the Blade education fund and I believe Saskatoon minor hockey.

Triton
12-17-2006, 05:44 PM
This is a Saskatoon Blade,Calgary Flame promotion with the proceed's going to the Blade education fund and I believe Saskatoon minor hockey.

I'm in PA and I really would like to go but not sit at the very top beside the roof top.

20-30 tickets is rediculous each.Maybe 5-10 per season ticket holder...maybe.

dodywood4ever
12-17-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm in PA and I really would like to go but not sit at the very top beside the roof top.

Should be max of 2 each. Who the hell is bringing 20 buddies? Thats just stupid and greedy.

maple leaf
12-17-2006, 06:08 PM

Then get the Prince Albert Raider's to join force's with a NHL team to hold a game in their barn. Like I said this was put together by the Flame's and Blade's organizations. Nothing stopping Prince Albert or any other team from doing the same thing. Remember if you are a Calgary season ticket holder you also get first dib's. But in saying that 10 ticket's per holder is enough.

Shortys
12-17-2006, 06:18 PM
I dont think the guys buying 20-30 tickets are bringing 20-30 buddies, they are probably going to sell them with an upped price, just like the Rolling Stones in Regina, season ticket holders got their limit in tickets and sold the rest. BUT, with that one, there was a limit of 8. 20-30 tickets is ridiculus! 5-6 would be a reasonable limit. I myself purchased my 2 seats, plus 4 extras to give to family for christmas, not sell for profit.

Triton
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Then get the Prince Albert Raider's to join force's with a NHL team to hold a game in their barn. Like I said this was put together by the Flame's and Blade's organizations. Nothing stopping Prince Albert or any other team from doing the same thing. Remember if you are a Calgary season ticket holder you also get first dib's. But in saying that 10 ticket's per holder is enough.

Must be some good crack in Saskatoon to say that PA should host an NHL game with our 2800 seat arena.

dodywood4ever
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM

You really think PA or Swifty or any other city besides Saskatoon has a shot at this? It has everything to do with the size of the CUC. I have no problem with Saskatoon hosting this. I have a probelem with having to pay some dingus double so he can make wads of cash off his 30 or so tickets. Thats garbage. I say maximum 4 per ticket holder.

dodywood4ever
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Must be some good crack in Saskatoon to say that PA should host an NHL game with our 2800 seat arena.

Beat me to it.

rinkrat
12-17-2006, 09:02 PM
In Vancouver season ticket holders got first crack at Memorial Cup tickets,but you only get one MC ticket per season ticket.I have two season tickets and I was only allowed to purchase two MC tickets ahead of the public.People have actually bought season tickets in order to get first dibs on MC tickets.They did the same thing last year with the World Junior tickets.This is an effective way to boost season ticket sales and I think its fair.Allowing people to buy 20 tickets seems ridiculous.

Zookeeper
12-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Beat me to it.

I second that. Maple leaf must not be all there if he thinks a small city team can get a NHL game.

ProStaff
12-17-2006, 10:52 PM
wa,wa, wa, cry some more people! Like I said before, us as season ticket holders and business sponors are what keeps this team going. Why shouldn't we! get to buy them first and buy as many as we want, 20 tickets is nothing, a business owner could give one to every worker, I could buy everyone in my family one for Christmas. Here is some math for you. Sask place holds 14000 roughly and there is roughly 3500 season seat holders not to mention that Flex pack holder get first crack as well so that number could be higher, and even at a modest each season seat holder getting to purchase 2 extra seat that puts you at 10500 sold. So long story short, there isn't alot of tickets to go around! so buy them on E-bay if you want to go, They wont be that much! it's the Flames! and pre season. If it was the Oilers that would be a different story!

Tidball
12-18-2006, 12:26 PM
it's the Flames! and pre season. If it was the Oilers that would be a different story!..

touche'

Shortys
12-18-2006, 04:33 PM
I just got this email from the Blades staff. WOW!!

Saskatoon, SK: Due to the overwhelming response for tickets to the September 18th, 2007 Calgary Flames vs.
Florida Panthers NHL Pre-season game, the Saskatoon Blades, Calgary Flames and
Ticketmaster issue the following update:

Current Situation: With all the pre-order additional ticket requests Ticketmaster has
received, Credit Union Centre would be over capacity without having any tickets
available to the general public.

1. Currently all Saskatoon Blades Season Ticket Holder requests have been processed
for their number of season seats they hold. The majority of season
seat holders received their exact seats, with the exception of a few and those
seats are in the same area as your season seats and those tickets will be
available for pick-up at any ticketmaster location beginning Friday, December
22nd.

2. Saskatoon Blades Season Ticket Holders who had requested additional tickets
may have had your requests cut back due to the overwhelming response. You
may not have received any additional tickets beyond your season ticket allocated
number. Additional ticket requests are being processed in order they
were received.

3. Should additional seating and tickets become available for the event following
the general public sale, all ticket requests of Saskatoon Blades Season Ticket
Holders that were not able to be processed will receive top priority before those
seats will be available for sale to the general public.

The Saskatoon Blades and Calgary Flames thank you for the outstanding interest in this event and we appreciate
your patience and cooperation with this matter.

Should you have any questions regarding your account for this event please call Saskatoon Blades office at
306.975.8844, Monday through Friday 8:30am till 5:00PM.

maple leaf
12-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Thank you Saskatoon Blade's organization for putting this event together and letting us Blade supporter's have first crack at ticket's and have the benefit of chooseing are seat's first.

Zookeeper
12-20-2006, 12:54 AM
Tickets went on sale Tuesday morning and sold out in 8 minutes. Now lets see how much tickets will go for on ebay.

Shortys
12-20-2006, 04:20 PM

NHL fans left in cold
Tickets for pre-season game between Calgary and Florida sell out in minutes

Cory Wolfe
The StarPhoenix

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The hottest ticket in town sold out within minutes Tuesday, and just as quickly, organizers found themselves playing defence.

Fans formed lineups, fl ooded phone lines and clogged cyberspace in pursuit of tickets for a Sept. 18 pre-season game at Credit Union Centre between the Calgary Flames and the Florida Panthers.

Many were shut out.

About 9,800 of the 11,310 available seats were already sold when tickets went on sale to the public Tuesday at 10 a.m. Season-ticket holders for the Flames and Saskatoon Blades had fi rst dibbs and many gorged themselves on tickets for the fi rst NHL game to be played in Saskatoon since 1994.

"Looking back, perhaps we'd do things a little differently," said Mike Jenkins, the Blades' manager of business operation.

"I don't think the Calgary Flames, the Saskatoon Blades or Credit Union Centre expected the demand (to be) as it was.

"One of the challenges you have is, you've got 15,000 Calgary Flames season- ticket holders and 3,000 Saskatoon Blades season-ticket holders. There's 18,000 season-ticket holders right there and you're playing a game in an 11,000- seat facility."

The pre-sale began last Wednesday and Jenkins said that campaign generated requests "in excess of 13,000." Initially, organizers placed no limit on how many tickets a season-ticket holder could purchase and some individuals requested 40 or more tickets each.

Such requests were curtailed late last week to ensure a public offering, said Blades media relations manager Sean Gilchrist.

"The reality of the situation is those people didn't get the 40 tickets that they were after," added Jenkins.

"Those companies that wanted to buy a hundred tickets did not get a hundred tickets." Requests poured in to the Blades' office through Tuesday afternoon and went unfulfi lled. The voice mailbox of Blades ticket co-ordinator Aaron Avivi kept fi lling up as quickly as he could retrieve messages. Other frustrated fans vented their anger through phone calls to The StarPhoenix.

"Knowing what we know now, we would put a limit on the number (of pre-sale tickets available)," said Jenkins.

"Yet, we still want to reward Saskatoon Blade season-ticket holders and Calgary Flame season-ticket holders as they are the ones, game in and game out, who are supporting the facility and supporting the sporting community.

"It's a real fi ne and we've sure learned some valuable lessons on this one." Blades staff members said people started lining up at Credit Union Centre at 8 a.m. Tuesday and the throng numbered 150 by the time tickets went on sale two hours later. Other Ticketmaster locations also drew crowds, but one wouldbe- buyer told The StarPhoenix that the Market Mall location sold just one ticket before the sellout was declared.

"It attracted a whole lot of interest," said Credit Union Centre general manager Ken Wood. "I think it was the reasonable ticket prices, plus the fact that we haven't had (an NHL) game for a long time. That all added up to high demand.

"And it's a good time of year to put a hockey event on sale." Most lower-bowl seats sold for $50, while upper-deck prices ranged from $15 to $40. Not all hope is lost for those who don't fi nd tickets in their Christmas stockings. Jenkins said the Blades have requested price quotes to install additional seating -- up to 900 spots -- at the open end of the venue.

Furthermore, a second NHL exhibition game just might land at Credit Union Centre next fall.

"We're putting feelers out for another game to see if there are any teams that haven't fi nalized their exhibition schedules," said Wood.

Shortys
12-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Sorry, my last post never showed up but it is there now.

dodywood4ever
12-22-2006, 08:46 PM
I guess it will be good for people in Saskatoon to see hockey players that can skate backwards and do cross cuts both ways as opposed to their junior team.