PDA

View Full Version : Wall #1 Star in Road Loss?

Tipped Off
02-23-2005, 10:44 AM
I can;t seem to recall too many, if any, gamesI've seen where a road goalie gets the #1 star in a 2-1 loss. I can understand if Kamloops had taken 50 shots, but I think they took less than 30. the radio guys made it sound like he had some great saves, but I also heard the post clank a couple times on the broadcast. He played 55 mins & stopped 24 shots on 26 attempts. The guys said the 2nd goal was kind of flukey, but still...a #1 star in a road loss ??????????

ihlemic10
02-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Maybe they were refering to the shot where it bounced of him, players and the ice and still stopped that. They were making it sound like a heck of a stop by him and that he had several great stops.

Beaner
02-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Maybe they just gave the 1st star to the best player on the ice as opposed to the home team. Rare occurence for sure, but it does happens.

Not everywhere picks it 3 stars like Everett does.

Nitehowl
02-23-2005, 04:24 PM
I was there and would have given him 2nd star. I don't think he played a great game actually, he looked shaky and looked behind him several times not sure where the puck was.The 2nd goal was kinda weak from a ways out but it did hit a stick and went thru the 5 hole but he should have had it.A couple shots went off the post or crossbar and one I think went in but he threw the trapper over it quickly and pulled it out and the ref waved it off as no goal.He made a few fantastic saves in the 3rd to keep it a close score but I think it was a 4-1 type game.Your #3 Ellington made the only bit hit of the night by any Everett players.He crunched Gutierezz with his shoulder, a very clean hit.But most of the physical play was from Kamloops.