PDA

View Full Version : WHLFANS.CA scavenger hunt

HAF
12-17-2006, 03:34 AM
With the holiday break here I thought I'd put together something for us to do while we sit idle waiting for the boys to return to the ice.

You will be given a list of 15 questions which you must find the anwers to using www.whlfans.ca (http://www.whlfans.ca/) resources. All answers can be found either on the site, or by using the resource materials on the site.

Once you have all 15 answers, you must email them to whlfans_ca@yahoo.ca or PM them to HAFalong with your name and/or username from the site. The winner of the contest will be chosen randomly from all correct entries (my six year old son will draw the name out of a hat). The prize will be a brand new WHLFANS Toque in a style not available for sale and limited only to contest winners. this toque is definately the cats pajamas as far as toques go. I'm also throwing in a WHLFANS.CA T shirt and window decal.

Your answers must be submitted before December 31,2006 at 11:59 pacific time.

Here are your WHLFANS.CA Scavenger Hunt questions for this contest:

1.What month and year did HAF become the sites administrator?
2. What is Beaners favorite "poison"?
3. What is lifelongchiefs fans all time favorite WHL player?
4. What month and year did Marc Habscheid join Hockey Canada?
5.How many total games did Michael Wuchterl play with the Everett Silvertips before going to Lethbridge?
6. What team and league did Alex Hudson play for immediately prior to joining the Medicine Hat Tigers?
7.What is the location of Scouts tattoo?
8 What team won the scholastic team of the year award in 2005-2006?
9.Who were the co-winners of the playoff prediction contest in 2006?
10. How long has Rebel39 been a Red Deer Rebels season ticket holder?
11. How much does HAF charge for shipping a windbreaker to Calgary?
12.what was Moose Jaws average attendance during the 2002-03 WHL season?
13. Who was our 1000th member?
14.What year did the Atlanta Thrashers draft Braydon Coburn 8th overall?
15. What was the date that Toswammi joined the site and what is his occupation?

If there are any errors your entry will be rejected and you will recieve an email saying your entry was invalid due to errors. You then may start over and try again if you wish. Heres the kicker though, I dont tell you which ones you got wrong.

HAF
12-17-2006, 01:37 PM
DO NOT POST ANSWERS TO SCAVENGER HUNT HERE.Please email answers to whlfans_ca@yahoo.com along with your username.

the email address is hard to read because of the underline but that is not a space between whlfans and ca, it is an underscore ( _ ).

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-17-2006, 07:40 PM
I just sent mine I hope you see it. Do we only get one chance,say if we have a couple answers wrong?

HAF
12-17-2006, 07:55 PM
If there are any errors your entry will be rejected and you will recieve an email saying your entry was invalid due to errors. You then start over and try again if you wish. Heres the kicker though, I dont tell you which ones you got wrong.

Good luck kiddies!!!!

HAF
12-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Wow guys, I didnt think my little wild goose chase was going to be this tough on you all. So far we haven't had anyone get them all. The funny thing is is that only two people have missed the same question so that shows all answers are in there somewhere. Keep digging kids, youll get there...lol

By the way, everyone who has tried twice or more is within one answer to getting it whipped.

HAF
12-20-2006, 12:30 AM
1.Sabes
2.Coyote14

Coyote14
12-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Finally! That thing took up a good chunk of time. Getting one wrong really makes it difficult because you have to go back in way more detail than before. Looking forward to winning that toque! :D

HAF
12-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Finally! That thing took up a good chunk of time. Getting one wrong really makes it difficult because you have to go back in way more detail than before. Looking forward to winning that toque! :D

Your odds are still looking good so far... about 50% I'd say.

Its HAF 9 Members 2

HAF
12-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Geez kids, Unlce Haffy's little scavenger hunt isn't kicking your butts is it?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I think I have all the questions conquerered except for one :burningma :mad: Boogaard'd nhl :confused: :eek: :spineyes: :dead:

HAF
12-26-2006, 06:06 PM
1.Sabes
2.Coyote14
3.Tipped Off

HAF
12-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Only 3 days left.... So far only three have got it whipped.

HAF
01-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Drum roll please............................................

And the winner is...........................................

Coyote14. Congrats and PM me your shirt size and mailing info.

Sabes
01-01-2007, 02:55 PM
damnit, losing everything just barely

Tipped Off
01-01-2007, 04:44 PM
....congrats Coyote14, all I can say is, I did get them all correct on my first try.

Coyote14
01-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Yay! yeehoo That toque is going straight onto my head for all the Bruins games. Thanks for putting on this contest, HAF. It may have only got 3 finalists, but it definitely turned out great in my mind.