PDA

View Full Version : Apostrophe!!

Big Ern
12-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Why does anyone and everyone put an apostrophe on "BRONCO'S"??!!?? For the one-millionth time, THE WORD Broncos, DOES NOT NEED AN APOSTROPHE!!! Even the Booster and the Prairie Post do it. Please everyone! When we're just talking about the Broncos, and the word Broncos doesn't show possession, THERE IS NO APOSTROPHE!!! LOL Just so our forum doesn't look like a bunch of second-grade literature. LOL LOL

SectionNDeserter
12-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Bigern!!! You have revealed your weakness! Muhahahaa! From now on I will refer to them as the Bronco's!

2,5,andagame
12-19-2006, 09:19 PM
GO BRONCO'S GO

Merry Christmas Bigern 'haha

Five Hole
12-20-2006, 06:35 AM
LOL Just so our forum doesn't look like a bunch of second-grade literature. LOL LOL

Gee, no danger of that on this site, bigern. :) :laugh:

Speaking of incorrect spelling in team names... how did the plural of
Maple Leaf ever become ' Maple Leafs' ??? Boogaard'd
Following that theory, the AHL team in Chicago should be called the
Chicago Wolfs :D

Anyway, good luck to the Bronco's in catching the Wheat King's in the New Year, and watch out for the Raider's !! haha

Big Ern
12-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Anyway, good luck to the Bronco's in catching the Wheat King's in the New Year, and watch out for the Raider's !! haha

NO WORRIES!! I think we'll be able to sit the Raiders down hard on their little bums in our first game back December 29th....however, you never know!! Hahaha! We're actually 3 and 0 against P.A. this year.....of course that can all change. But I sure haven't lost confidence yet! No reason why we shouldn't be able to compete hard for top spot.

In The News
12-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Bigern-

Broncos gets an apostrophe when you are talking about possession. ie the Broncos' player scored.
no spostrophe- The Broncos scored.

Just for your information.

Happy New Year!

scrunt
12-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Well I think you're all wrong: it should be "Broncoes." ;)