PDA

View Full Version : Vishnak & Konecny

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-20-2006, 06:16 PM
I was looking at the Czech and Slovak World Junior rosters and their names are not on the rosters,that is obviously good news for the Blades but other teams will have both euros also.

Tidball
12-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Im Suprised about Konecny. And its Visnak, lol.

howley
12-21-2006, 01:48 AM
I really question drafting Visnak. I mean c'mon, there was nothing better than a 5'7 d-man. He was brought in to be this great speedy puck moving player. I have seen a few glimpses of that. I have also seen a few glimpses of absolutely terrible plays, passes and choices. I am really not impressed with him at all except for the fact he takes a lickin and keeps on kickin, or tickin.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-21-2006, 02:28 PM
To who they could have drafted in the second round.http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/events/pop.php?id=225#second

there were five defencemen drafted in the second round(excluding Visnak)
I do not know if any of those players could do better than Visnak?
Visnak does have a good shot,but I think sometimes he does take too long to make a descision with the puck(but hey this is his 1st season in the WHL) that will improve with coaching and over time.

I hope that Konecny can stay healthy and get on a roll to kickstart the offence in the second half of the season.

howley
12-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Looking back on it, I think they should of grabbed a D Man first. Probably Langwieder from Portland. I see that Jan Eberle was taken very low and he is having a pretty good season plus he is still only an 89'. Of course...hindsight is 20/20. Konecny and Eberle have put up the exact same numbers pretty much to this point. Eberle is a year younger that is the only difference. As far as Visnak is concerned I just think they could have drafted better. Just my opinion.