PDA

View Full Version : Franson Injury

Beaner
12-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Just been doing some reading on the net and it looks like Franson has suffered an injury to his hip that has kept him out of the 2 exhibition games for the WJC.

No word on how serious it is, guess we will find out tomorrow, and if he will even dress.

Hopefully it is nothing to serious.

dondo
12-27-2006, 04:34 PM
He played yesterday -- looked pretty good -- I believe he was wearing #26 (as Bourdon was wearing #6)

Price kept the Canadian boys in there though as they got a bit lazy in their own end -- Swedes looked pretty good and would have made the game a lot closer had Price not be in net.

Beaner
12-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah I watched him today as well.

Looks like his only minutes are really coming on the PP.

Barely even saw any time in game one on the PP, but it looks like team Canada has recognized that Franson and Russell would be very good on the PP if you gave them ice time.

Lot more PP time for Franson and Russell on the PP today and they looked sharp. Noticed Franson cheating down low a lot, he could have had a couple if the forwards had managed to get him the puck as he was wide open.

Besides the PP time didn't look to me like either Franson or Russell got any real minutes 5-5 or on the PK against the states. Maybe a couple shifts here and there.

All that being said, Cody has looked really slow out there, and he has been beat a number of times on the outside on the PP. I'm wondering if that hip is still bothering him?

Section_Z
12-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Not sure about an injury but the PP time he put in on the US game was great...one bad turn over I saw, though...
His point shot on the 3rd goal was textbook.