Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rule experiments

What To do -
    -Take out the Blue lines and Blue line face off dots
    -Keep the red line

New Rules -
    -Must carry the Puck across the red line, can not pass the puck across.
    But there is no Offsides.
    -No Offside because of the red line rule.

Penitently Kill -
    -It is your team mates fault for going to the box, the only thing you can do is ice the puck. (No more clearing the zone over and over and
    over again)

Why -
    Open up the game, more break always, and more scoring opportunities,
    fewer stoppages in play. The Game would go faster. more skill needed.
    "Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and buildings and start wars etc...and all that dolphins do is swim in the water, eat fish and play around. Dolphins believe that they are smarter for exactly the same reasons."

But then you've changed the game. I personally, dont like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Vulk
    I dislike OT, as it now stands.

An OT win is worth as much as a regulation win?

Please!

Win = 4 points
    OT win = 3 points
    Tie = 2 points
    OT lose = 1 point
    lose = 0 points

This makes all points accountable. One game has a total of 4 points to be awarded. Not like it is now where some games award 2, while others 3 (for a OT win).

Make every point a must for every team.
    To me, a win is a win is a win, and a loss is a loss is a loss.

The 2-0-1 point system worked perfectly fine for decades. We dont need five seperate categories for points. Wins, losses, ties. Works fine.

On other rules...

Tag up icing: definitely required. I would love it if the CHL finally took some initiative and reverted back, regardless of what the NHL does.

goalie zones: there arent enough good stickhandling goalies in the Dub to make it worthwhile.

shootout: dear god NO. Team sports should not be determined by home-run derby.

Kamfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RunTheGoalie
    To me, a win is a win is a win, and a loss is a loss is a loss.

The 2-0-1 point system worked perfectly fine for decades. We dont need five seperate categories for points. Wins, losses, ties. Works fine.

On other rules...

Tag up icing: definitely required. I would love it if the CHL finally took some initiative and reverted back, regardless of what the NHL does.

goalie zones: there arent enough good stickhandling goalies in the Dub to make it worthwhile.

shootout: dear god NO. Team sports should not be determined by home-run derby.
    Can we assume, by your name, what your position is on making the goalies fair game?

2 Refs: We need them. If anyone else has been to a Silvertips game at the EEC, you know why. We need 2 atleast in the playoffs. There were several missed calls which were scores.

Goalie fair game: Sure. As long as he is behind the net. Why should he be worried though? He has the most pads on.

Other rules: I really don't care.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamfan
    Can we assume, by your name, what your position is on making the goalies fair game?
    Actually, yes.

Though the name is from a joke a friend of mine in Tampa and I had during the playoffs, when the Flames and Canucks spent their entire series running the goalie.

Thats one thing I want to see...goalies being fair game. It always pisses me off when the goalie is in the corner playing the puck, and if you hit him, it's goaltender interference or roughing. That's stupid.

Number_4 Guest

As a goalie, im not sure if goalies should be fair game unless some changes are made to the equipment. As someone else already mentioned, goaltender equipment is made for stopping the puck, not for safety during all out charges. Implementing the goalie fair game rule right now would only cause more injuries. And really, with the rest of the team, you have options in replacing an injured player. Goaltenders, well there is only two on the bench, and if one gets hurt, and then the second one does (because it does and will happen more) what happens then? Another thought to keep in mind, is when teams deliberatly try to hurt a player. I mean, why try to take out the 50-goal scorer when u can take out the only thing stopping you from scoreing?

I suppose if you are going out of the net, you are asking for it, but at the same time, safety should be foremost in everyones minds.

Spent a lot of years in the net and did a fair amount of roaming bu in those days you knew before you left the crease you had better beat your man or you were non cerimoniously spread all over the ice.

Goalies should be allowed to wander but they should be free game
    Grump

speedkills Guest

Default Rules...

Tag up offsides....MOST DEFINITELY

Automatic icing...Personally, I understand the argument, but also HATE watching d-men 'cheat it' like most are doing today. IF we keep it the linesmen need to do a better job at waving it off if a d-man 'cheats it' too much!

Redline...Get rid of it (to at least see how this works here in North America), the argument about the european league may not be completely valid (not sure though) but their Ice is much bigger also which would tend to contribute to d-men having to play it more conservatively. I think we should at least look at this for a season or two.

Goalies...I'm for making them fair game (ONLY when the puck is on their stick outside of the crease, ie...no finishing checks if avoidable), if you're a goalie and you don't want to get hurt, change your pads, don't wander, etc. This will not stop the Brodeurs of the world if they know they can beat everyone else to the puck.

just my two cents worth