Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Latest Trade rumor

Default Not that I am comparing

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter
    Sounds like he has made a believer out of you. He didn't make any impression on the NHL scouts, but I am sure there must be a reason for that.

Wasn't Curtis Joseph also passed over by NHL experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Fan
    Wasn't Curtis Joseph also passed over by NHL experts.
    He was an average goaltender for about 10 seasons, a decent goaltender for the next 4 or 5, and then a below average goaltender for the last few seasons. I don't know if this is a very good comparison.

Default You must say what it is you want to say straight out.

He was an average goaltender for about 10 seasons, a decent goaltender for the next 4 or 5, and then a below average goaltender for the last few seasons. I don't know if this is a very good comparison.
    It does you no good to beat around the bush.

IMO, Perricone was looked over and so be it. I can think of a lot of goalies that were drafted that weren't worth beans. So I don't think getting or not getting drafted tells the whole story. He is a solid tender. He is 19 so he doesn't occupy a 20 year old spot til next season which he will do somewhere for sure. I am in no way saying we should deal. As far as I am concerned he is a very good goalie and will play AHL hockey. I look at a guy like Scotty Munroe of MJ. He is currently playing NHL hockey backing up while Nittymaki is out with an injury. He is not Mike Broudeur but I can say he went and played hockey and has worked his way up. No reason Joey can't do the same thing.

He is a valuable member of the Warriors and would be missed if he was dealt no doubt about that at all.

Default Forgot to point out....

He was a pro making huge money and playing the game he loved and someone thought he was valuable enough to continue to start him for years. I think he is a great comparison. I never said he was MA Fleury I said he is a quality goalie and will play pro hockey. I am sure that if you ask any goalie around if they could do exactly what Joesph did they would be more than happy with that.