Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs/Bruins Trade

Default Chiefs/Bruins Trade

Chiefs Acquire Lenoski
    12/28/06 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Spokane Chiefs

The Spokane Chiefs have acquired 20-year-old defenseman Stephane Lenoski and a sixth round bantam draft selection in 2007 in exchange for 18- year-old defenseman Matt McCue.

"Stephane has been Chilliwack's top defenseman all year. He is a player who is able to play in all situations and has a wealth of experience in the WHL," Chiefs General Manager Tim Speltz said. "We are very excited as this move improves our team."

Lenoski is in his fourth season in the WHL spending the previous three with the Brandon Wheat Kings. Lenoski was acquired by Chilliwack in the 2006 WHL Expansion draft. Through 35 games this season Lenoski has already set career highs with four goals and 20 points. In his last six games, the Winnipeg, Manitoba native has two goals, seven points and is a +4.

The acquisition of Lenoski gives Spokane four overage players, one over the maximum allowed by the WHL. The rights to defenseman Corey Courchene can be transferred to a WHL Team that does not have a full compliment of 20-year-olds.

McCue appeared in four games earlier this season and scored one goal and two points. The Cochrane, AB native played in 84 career games in Spokane with seven goals, 20 points and 164 penalty minutes.

Lenoski is expected to join the team this weekend when they play a home-and-home series with the Tri- City Americans. Saturday night, Spokane will host Tri-City at 7:00 and then the Chiefs will travel to Kennewick for their Annual New Year's Eve game on Sunday night.

Nice move by both sides, Spokane gets something for a player who left the team, and Chilliwack picks up the rights to a good young defenseman.

Question is, will McCue report to Chilliwack?

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

anyone give us some info on Lenoski?
    Lets go Chiefs.

Default hmmm

The article doesn't say the Bruins are getting anyone's rights. It says they get McCue and a 6th round bantam pick. It goes on to say ...

"The acquisition of Lenoski gives Spokane four overage players, one over the maximum allowed by the WHL. The rights to defenseman Corey Courchene can be transferred to a WHL Team that does not have a full compliment of 20-year-olds. "

that team may, or may not be, the Bruins. Who else has a 20 YO slot open?

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    The Giants

The article doesn't say the Bruins are getting anyone's rights. It says they get McCue and a 6th round bantam pick. It goes on to say ...

"The acquisition of Lenoski gives Spokane four overage players, one over the maximum allowed by the WHL. The rights to defenseman Corey Courchene can be transferred to a WHL Team that does not have a full compliment of 20-year-olds. "

the good young defenseman I was talking about was McCue. bad wording on my part.

As too Courchene, I believe he goes into a waiver draft, so the last place team in the dub gets first crack at him and so on down the line.

The Am's have an overage spot open as Scurko has been dropped from the protected player list.

Default Waivers

Do they have a limited time to trade his rights or, because they are in violation, do they have to waive his rights immediately?

Do they have a limited time to trade his rights or, because they are in violation, do they have to waive his rights immediately?
    I am not sure to be honest.

But I would have to think that they would have to drop him as soon as they picked up Lenoski, to make room on their roster. Maybe they get 24 hours to make a deal, but what kind of deal can they really make? A late late draft pick maybe?

And looking at their roster Courchene is no longer on it and the Trade is posted by the WHL main site.

They may be able to get around this since Courchene is on the Injured list.

Gerg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmypop316
    anyone give us some info on Lenoski?
    He was one of the better offensive defensemen on the Bruins, I hadn't seen him play in a while, but he was good on the rush, good at leading the play. It's a shame that he had to be dealt away.

Now for your return. What kind of guy is McCue? I'm under the impression that he's a physical guy who can put the puck in the net from time to time? Am I right, or is there more?